Houston Head-Fi Meet #2 on October 17
Oct 13, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #136 of 201
Hi Everyone, I am looking forward to the meet this weekend.

So many headphones, So many amps to audition.

The bad news is that I had a accident with my tonearm, and Goldring 1042 cartridge stylus on my turntable which were damaged. I will spare you the details.

I have come up with a fix for the tonearm. Although it is not pretty, it works, and will have to use my backup Goldring 1012 cartridge stylus.

It still sounds quite good. I hope to get feedback on my experiments in dampening, and resonance control on the turntable.

See you all soon.

Michael

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #137 of 201
Confirming the SS eXstatA and tube eXstatA can officially be added.

Raven is 60-40.

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #138 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJM58 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bad news is that I had a accident with my tonearm, and Goldring 1042 cartridge stylus on my turntable which were damaged. I will spare you the details.

I have destroyed more than one cartridge after a few too many myself.
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #139 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahh, now if I only knew what that was, I would put it on the list.
wink.gif

Let me guess... amp!

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #140 of 201
Quote:

Raven is 60-40.

I didn't realize you were building both the tube and ss versions! By the way, is there a reason they are called eXsata on your signature or is just a typo?

I am rooting for the Raven.

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #141 of 201
I have a question for Ken.

Since I did not attend the meet last year, I am not sure if we need to bring in our own table, chair, extention chord.......and fire extinguisher (based on the photos of last meet)?

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #142 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzychu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question for Ken.

Since I did not attend the meet last year, I am not sure if we need to bring in our own table, chair, extention chord.......and fire extinguisher (based on the photos of last meet)?

Definitely bring your own extension cord. I am not sure about the table situation, Ken will have to answer that. Fire extinguisher.... well, based on the number of newborn amps Al will be bring.... that might be in order, haha.

@Ken: You can change the Stello DA100 to a definitely.
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #143 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't realize you were building both the tube and ss versions! By the way, is there a reason they are called eXsata on your signature or is just a typo?

I am rooting for the Raven.

Of course typo... fixing it now.

Raven is biased, but living right on the edge of existance... and I don't have any dynamics to test with, since Stacy flaked. Always a something in the critacal path of every project.

More about eXStata here.

Oh, and a little pimp for the ride... done except two M8x0.75 panel nuts.

eXstatA_Tube1.jpg

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #144 of 201
Quote:

Of course typo... fixing it now.

Raven is biased, but living right on the edge of existance... and I don't have any dynamics to test with, since Stacy flaked. Always a something in the critacal path of every project.

More about eXStata here.

Oh, and a little pimp for the ride... done except two M8x0.75 panel nuts.

eXstatA_Tube1.jpg

Cool

You also have to change the non-tubed eXStata in your sig (sorry, I can't handle the asymmetry)....
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #146 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of my ears is a bit lower than the other, can I still come?
tongue.gif

Of course....

.... but could you possibly wear these (I am sure you have a pair just like it, being from Alaska and all).
biggrin.gif

katmari_earmuffs.jpg

OK - I can be a little OC sometimes. I'll try to control it.
redface.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #148 of 201
I canceled on my company picnic (that I helped plan) to be here with you guys this year...I CAN'T WAIT! I have not really been following this thread but are we going to have food and drinks this year? Do I need to bring anything?

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #149 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I'll admit to having had my head in between two similar shaped objects before, that's slightly different, and may I say not as much fun looking.
wink.gif

Hopefully not as furry...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I canceled on my company picnic (that I helped plan) to be here with you guys this year...I CAN'T WAIT! I have not really been following this thread but are we going to have food and drinks this year? Do I need to bring anything?

beerchug.gif

Glad you got your priorities straight!!!

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #150 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...are we going to have food and drinks this year? Do I need to bring anything?

I'd say feel free to bring snacks, but it's not required. There is an area to set out food, but I believe Red colored drinks are a no no, due to carpet. I'll probably bring some cookies and or trail mix type stuff.

Several of us ate dinner together afterwards last year, and that was a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back