Houston Head-Fi Meet #2 on October 17
Oct 16, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #166 of 201
007 all depends on Marc.

Well, the Frankenphone pieces are here, but not sure I can patch them together. We'll see,

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #167 of 201
Tomorrow!!!

Doors open at 10AM, but I will be there earlier (9-ish) if you want extra time to set up or are coming from afar and just arrive earlier than you thought.

This is so much different for me this year. Last year, I was still putting my rig together so I was really focused on amps & cables and there was pressure to decide. This year, my rig is really stable and I love it. So I am just going to sample everything like it was a wine-tasting. I am really looking forward to it.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #168 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomorrow!!!

Doors open at 10AM, but I will be there earlier (9-ish) if you want extra time to set up or are coming from afar and just arrive earlier than you thought.

This is so much different for me this year. Last year, I was still putting my rig together so I was really focused on amps & cables and there was pressure to decide. This year, my rig is really stable and I love it. So I am just going to sample everything like it was a wine-tasting. I am really looking forward to it.

Stable... nothing is stable at head-fi!
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #169 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stable... nothing is stable at head-fi!
tongue.gif

QFT

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #170 of 201
Well, it WAS stable until tomorrow.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #171 of 201
Just got 6 pairs of JH13 demos from the UPS guy (with a balanced cable - terminated in (2)3pin XLRs). Did I mention that I am listening to them right now.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Unfortunately, Mr. UPS didn't have Drew's package.... there is still a few more hours in the day though.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #172 of 201
looks like I'll be there. No idea how I'm getting home though.

Planning on having a friend drop in, so I can fix something for him, heh.

I'll have to settle up with the troll under the bridge later on
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #174 of 201
I have a some bad news. Moon Audio was kind enough to send a package to me for our meet. It was sent on Tuesday and should have arrived today (sent 3 day select UPS). It included a

door prize: 1 set of 1.5ft Blue Dragon interconnects with Cardas GRMO RCAs

as well as

two items to demo: 1 set of balanced 5ft Silver Dragon HD800 headphone cable with Furutech XLRs and 1 Blossom Balanced headphone amp.

After waiting at work until 7:30, I saw the following exception from UPS online:

"THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY."

DAMN UPS!!!!

My guess is that they forgot to put it on the truck. That is the only thing I can figure out.

Unfortunately, this means that it won't arrive until Monday so we won't be able to demo the Blossom and the Silver Dragon HD800 cable at the meet.
frown.gif

Let me repeat: DAMN UPS!

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #175 of 201
The meet rocked.

Sure there will be tons of pics coming in soon.

Thanks everyone for all the bad ass gear!

.joel

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #176 of 201
Please post those pics and impressions in the "impressions" thread though.

It did indeed rock!

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #177 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please post those pics and impressions in the "impressions" thread though.

It did indeed rock!

Where's that "impressions" thread, yo?

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #180 of 201
Don't know about sellers, but since you missed the Houston meet you might want to hit the January Dallas meet if you can make the drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back