Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k)
Apr 13, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #1,936 of 2,194
Quote:

Originally Posted by wfarid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh ok, i just wanted to change them so I don't get exploding caps. I had another one of the same card and one of the caps had gone bust. But I guess I'd have to change ALL of the caps if I wanted to avoid that.

Now would changing the op-amps on the Logitech Z-680 controller have beneficial effects as well?

and thanks for all the help random!

yes, you can change those opamps, but make sure the opamps you choose have the same pinout and will be sufficiently powered by the circuit(check voltage and current supply).
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #1,937 of 2,194
hey guys, just wondering if anyone is still interested in modding their sound cards with the lm4562 and blackgates? in addition to those fantastic guides that are available here, you may also want to take a look at this page which gives detailed instructions on how to perform the mod yourself...
as for those who prefer to have a professional to do it for them, feel free to pm me as i'll be more than willing to help!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #1,938 of 2,194
Just an FYI to all of us using the PCI-E cards...

They're even easier to mod IMHO.

I just soldered on some lm4562s onto my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty (same as the non fatality, in fact all of these PCI-E boards are the same).

Can't really compare before and after, but the parts were free so why not. (Seems like my z680 set is the limiting factor to begin with especially with the low end with the booming sub)

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #1,939 of 2,194
yea i have z680s as well and the bass crossover is set to 180hz!!! I lowered it in the creative bass redirection thingy. They are crap for dedicated music listening but for gaming/movies they are fine and free op-amps, why the hell not right?

My friend had the same issue, its when he played a 5.1 movie that he noticed the difference--better separation of the channels. With music you won't be able to tell (no music comes in 5.1 channels anyways).

May 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #1,942 of 2,194
Quote:

Originally Posted by buzztiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which is the power cap on a xfi titanium fatality ? Is it the one as posted previously (previous page)? It looks so small to be a power cap.

pci-express uses much cleaner power than pci, so not such a large capacitance is needed to smooth out the waveform.
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #1,943 of 2,194
Hey this may be a bit off-topic but I didn't really want to start a new thread for this, so sorry if this isn't the right place for this.

Would anyone be willing to mod my X-Fi for me? I would of course pay for shipping both ways and parts, if you want I could throw some $ your way for labor.

I already PM'd a couple of people that I read would do this a few days ago, but neither have replied.

Anyway, I just got my first set of good cans, the AD700's, and I really want my sound card to shine for them.

EDIT:

If you're interested I would prefer a PM.

I have feedback on heatware and eBay, if it matters to you.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #1,946 of 2,194
Jul 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #1,947 of 2,194
Does anyone notice that the sound on the left and right are 'mixed', I tried to run it only a single channel but I still hearing music coming from that channel, only some specific sound from that direction can't be heard, is it normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back