Hotel California - "Awesomest" version!!!!
Dec 26, 2008 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

radlux

Head-Fier
Dec 26, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 18
Oh...I thought you were going to say how you nabbed the DCC or MFSL version of the album Hotel California.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 18
You should check out some classical guitar from Andrés Segovia, John Willams,Dr. Lily Afsharand,Ana Vidovic,and more music like theirs.. You might even like Esteban.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 18
Haha no sorry to disappoint you... was just excited to rediscover a lot of my favorite music reinterpreted on one of my favorite instruments the guitar.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by radlux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha no sorry to disappoint you... was just excited to rediscover a lot of my favorite music reinterpreted on one of my favorite instruments the guitar.

Was replying to TheMarchingMule
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks chef8489, will check out some of the guitarists you posted (have already heard some of them).

However, what I really like is that the guys I posted play both the rhythm/bass + vocals at the same time on the guitar - extremely difficult IMHO from my experience as a guitarist (admittedly advanced-amateur). You'd normally need two guitar players playing together (that too two really good ones) to come close to the final sound that is created.

I guess I was looking at the music from a technical perspective of playing difficulty as well as the feel and arrangements these guys have created to play these familiar songs this way.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
best version is from hell freezes over live album. that first link ruined the song. second one was okay.

I can see your point. I guess like all music its a matter of taste whether you like the interpretation. Frankly now thinking back the reason this version of Hotel California kinda blew me away was more from a technical perspective of the degree of difficulty involved to play. But I still like it from a musical perspective too
beyersmile.png

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #8 of 18
The best versions are ones from when Don Felder is still in The Eagles. Felder wrote the music for Hotel California (Henley only wrote the lyrics) and is one of the best guitarists out there, better than the guy they replaced him with. For me, Hotel California just isn't the same without Felder. The Eagles took a step down without him, as well.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 18
The XRCD version of "When Hell Freezes Over" is undoubtedly to my ears the finest recording of this album. I must admit I have heard other cds of this title but not the Mofi version. I cannot imagine it being captured any finer than on the above mentioned format.

It is $39.95 at Accoustic Sounds currently, and worth every cent of it.

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh...I thought you were going to say how you nabbed the DCC or MFSL version of the album Hotel California.

I bought the album when it first came out-I was a teenager. Enjoyed it but it didn't blow me away. Then two years ago I took a chance on the DVD Audio disk and would never part with it now. Years have taught me a new appreciation for it. And that's only with 8 songs. (I never could stand the preachiness of "The Last Resort"
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which sounds better? I love only have the DCC gold CD.

Dec 27, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The XRCD version of "When Hell Freezes Over" is undoubtedly to my ears the finest recording of this album. I must admit I have heard other cds of this title but not the Mofi version. I cannot imagine it being captured any finer than on the above mentioned format.

It is $39.95 at Accoustic Sounds currently, and worth every cent of it.

$40 bucks for an album? Hot damn.

Dec 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #14 of 18
Uh look up dcc/mfsl prices for the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back