HOT: Shure E2C for $58!
Jan 11, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #106 of 117
Got mine today and using them right now, i Love my new rig
biggrin.gif

For the first 30 mins I was a little dissapointed, but then i got a better seal on my ear and it is alot better these are gona sound great after 50 hours, also I dont need to have the volume at max to drive them which is nice on my battery.

Thanks for arranging this Hajime remember ippo will rock the world

Jan 11, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #107 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Layerfire
Got mine today and using them right now, i Love my new rig
biggrin.gif

For the first 30 mins I was a little dissapointed, but then i got a better seal on my ear and it is alot better these are gona sound great after 50 hours, also I dont need to have the volume at max to drive them which is nice on my battery.

Thanks for arranging this Hajime remember ippo will rock the world

Cannot believe this!

You have yours already!

Jan 12, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #110 of 117
AAARRRGGHHH

I do NOT need more headphones!! But, all I have for portable is some PX200s, and I'm not extremely happy with them. I worry about getting canalphones, as my ear canals tend to be very sensitive...

but that is suuuuuuch a good deal...

confused.gif

anybody care to elaborate on the sound signature of the E2Cs?

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #111 of 117
hey Porksoda, i was worried about comfort with the E2C as well..i received my e2cs from this group buy today..

the sound
comparing to the HP890 & HD580 i have.. straight out of the laptop..
the E2C sounds thin compared the 2 full sized phones (both also straight out of the laptop).. the sound doesn't feel as rich or full.. i've however, been able to hear even more detail in music that i've heard numerous times..things that i didn't notice before.. maybe its due to the added isolation - more concentrated on the sound without ambient noises

the in-ear concerns of the in-ear headphones
what can i say? i was worried it might hurt..all i did was take em out and stick em in - s l o w l y. it came installed with the medium flexs..fits me just nice. i tried the smaller flex sleeves..and with the smaller ones it actually seal better.. don't ask me why..but it wasn't as comfortable as the medium ones..so i just remove the sleeves, put the wax guard on..slip the medium flex back and i'm done

i'll post further impressions after using it for a few days.. and maybe if i'm not lazy enough..i'll take my SXH1 out and stick the phones there.. but HONESTLY...for $58 dollars its a WINNER. it may not sound as good as the HD580, but it sure does seal/isolate better.. i dare say the E2C beats the crap out of the Sennheiser HD280 both in the isolation and SQ department.. thats if the user is comfortable with IEMs.. like me.

Jan 12, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #112 of 117
I also got the phones today, Thank you Chris!
My impressions are very good, but it did hurt for a while if I wanted a good seal. Now, it's getting better. The sound is great, I don't feel that it's dull, but then I have an hd600 . In some tracks where there is more bass, it does seem to bring it out, but it's not bad or anything. I just repaired my 6 year old Rio PMP-300, so now I actually have a portable rig (32 meg's doesnt help though). It's nice not to hear the other commuters.

Jan 12, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #113 of 117
I finally got mine also!!!

Canadian customs were worried about bomb threats I suppose : )

Oh.. I am not sure if I get a good seal or not... Be taking it downtown today to test it!

Can't wait!

Thanks to Hajime!

Seattle Meet.. here I come.

Jan 12, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #114 of 117
Alright, at this point I think everyone has received their earphones. It looks like all of them got to everyone alright. Wow. I don't think I'll ever do another international group buy, it's just too crazy! They don't want you to ship things internationally or they'd make it easier.

I hope you all enjoy your earphones!
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #115 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enricht
Canadian customs were worried about bomb threats I suppose : )

tell me about it, my Shure E2C came late as well because apparently it was held for inspection by the customs.. and when it came it had a sticker on it stating "Opened for Inspection" & "Passed Quarantine".. what were they looking for? some viral earwax? rofl

Jan 13, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #117 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Layerfire
I am very much enjoying mine, how is everyone finding theirs?

And any tips on how to get the most outa em i am not to shure (sorry bout tha pun) how to use foam tips on em.

That is truly a bad pun : )

(Oh and Layerfire .... =)

Anyways.. at the moment? I am thorougly disappointed... You guys must hear something I do not. That, or I have a lemon..... The sound.. is seriously horrible. Bass is non-existent... I've browsed the forums, and It appears they're just..... very varied reviews. Headphone.com---> gives it a great bass response. Elsewhere on headfi... (... quote, "Sounds like sound coming through a tunnel... extremely muddy bass... etc..)

Very odd.

Wish, I knew someone with another pair to compare with..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back