HOT SAUCES, A FAVORITE OR THE HOTTEST YOU'VE EVER HAD!
May 24, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #77 of 94
Currently having some of this. Very, very hot, as with most sauces containing capsicum extract.

May 24, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #80 of 94
I really love the Hatari Addiction brand of hot sauces.
A few favorites:
hatari-addiction-naga.jpg
hatari-addiction-chipotle.jpg

May 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #81 of 94
Other chili sauce that I enjoy alot besides Sriracha is Koon Yick Wah Kee chili sauce from Hong Kong that is available at some asian grocery stores. It's a little hotter than Sriracha but not so much so that it's only all burn

moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-6.jpg

4891049888225.jpg

May 24, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #82 of 94

Quote:
I really love the Hatari Addiction brand of hot sauces.
A few favorites:
hatari-addiction-naga.jpg
hatari-addiction-chipotle.jpg

I've never tried them do to the fact I have never seen them in any of My local store's.

Quote:
Other chili sauce that I enjoy alot besides Sriracha is Koon Yick Wah Kee chili sauce from Hong Kong that is available at some asian grocery stores. It's a little hotter than Sriracha but not so much so that it's only all burn

moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-6.jpg

4891049888225.jpg

I think I spotted this at the local Asian market, I'll have to investigate.

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #83 of 94
Im reviving this thread. Been practicing a bit. I havent tried Blairs stuff yet (it seems like I really have to order them) but I found a shop that carries Poppamies (finnish for Shaman) and Hot-Headz stuff. So I have bought a bunch of stuff during last couple of months. I have to say that Poppamies Savunaga (Smoked Naga) is delicious! Naga Jolokia, Habanero, Chipotle chili, Cayenne extract... Very hot but not overly so, it still works as table-spice. I have used it in burgers and not just few drops. It tastes GREAT with nice smooth heat.

Poppamies Naga Jolokia is pretty much the same, except without smokey chipotle flavor. Also great. Good for tortillas. Hot Headz Habanero Heaven is still work in progress. Its quite good so far.

Now, the latest addition, Hot Headz Satan Sweat. I havent tried it raw nor do I intent to, not yet. AFAIK its in same class as Blair Mega Death, am I right? Anyway, I used it spice up minced meat during frying it on the pan for the tortillas, tasting it frequently. For 800 grams of meat I didnt have to put much before it started to get some kick. But thats just the kick, I do not have a good idea what the actual sauce still tastes like. Have to use it for something else too.

Habanero Tabasco isnt getting much use now. Chipotle Tabasco however is fantastic for spicing up barbequed meat! What a great combination! Even my father loves it now (and he isnt into spicy stuff).

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #84 of 94

this is my most recent - not really hot per se, but i snuffed some accidentally. beats the hottest you put in your mouth.

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #85 of 94
A guy in school used to have this very hot sauce he ordered from the internet somewhere which is so hot (probably 1000x times hotter than tobasco or something) that one tiiiiny drip is enough to turn a unfamiliar person's face red. One guy took a bit too large drip of it and felt it for hrs and his face was all red and it almost brought him to tears lol. Wish I remember what it was called.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #86 of 94
I get my hot sauce from a local pub. They make these "suicide wings" with this sauce and they taste soooooo good. However, I don't really feel the suicide though like most people who try it... It's hot but it has a nice tangy flavor to it when you use enough of it.

Lol at the taco bell sauce... Thats weak stuff :p

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #87 of 94
Aug 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #88 of 94
Sriracha is my personal favorite. A nice and potent heat that is not overpowering of the flavoring of the sauce.
I also like to make my own as I grow various different species of chili peppers.

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #89 of 94
I always liked the flavor of sriracha. I remember years back I had wings that were made with Dave's Insanity Sauce. That was how but I did eat a dozen of them. Now I have Dave's Ghost Naga Jolokia. It has both heat and flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back