Hot Sauce-Fi
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #16 of 111
#1 in my book: Ketchup
#2 in my book: Cholula hot sauce. Not very hot but very nice flavor.
This months Smithsonian has a great article about chili. It came from Bolivia originally. We Americans consume 5.9 lb of chili yearly!

Apr 6, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #18 of 111
I love hot sauces, but I've had a hard time finding any locally available ones that have a hard kick, mostly because we cook with Thai Chilis on a day to day basis. And we use a lot! I did try one of the Naga Bhut Jolokia chilis when I was in India last and damn, that made me cry! Would love to try a hot sauce that uses them as the primary ingredient, but looks like I have to order across the internets...

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #19 of 111
mex-grocer_2046_49121418

Haven't opened this one yet. Their site say its pretty damn hot.

LoadImage.aspx

This is that Chipotle sauce I couldn't remember the name of. Tasty! 2.5/10

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #20 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love hot sauces, but I've had a hard time finding any locally available ones that have a hard kick, mostly because we cook with Thai Chilis on a day to day basis. And we use a lot! I did try one of the Naga Bhut Jolokia chilis when I was in India last and damn, that made me cry! Would love to try a hot sauce that uses them as the primary ingredient, but looks like I have to order across the internets...

Naga Jolokia are the hottest chiles ever tested, according to the Smithsonian article.
Wow!

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #21 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd eat one of those peppers just to say I did it! I've been to Thailand and they definitely like to hide some little red peppers into their dishes. Sneaky buggers!

I think I read somewhere that the hottest pepper in the world was so hot it would kill you if you tried to eat it. I don't recommend testing it
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #22 of 111
Currently in the fridge:

The standard:
tabasco_1.jpg

The other old standard.
Tapatio-Salsa-Picante_A3DAA0E1.jpg

West Indian Sunny Carribbee. Nice!
[img]http://www.sunnycaribbee.net/sunnycaribbee/images/products/Caribbee_HS_Group_web.jpg

And, in case you think I'm wimping out:
ct_idain.JPG

Yes, Dave's Insanity Sauce. Don't wimp out: 80,000 scoville. Not the hottest extraction in the world, but regular Tabasco is about 4,000 scoville... You have to try it to believe it. Surprisingly, Dave's is good. Really good!

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #25 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever try the green Tabasco sauce? The Jalapeno one. That's a tasty sauce!

Gah! Yes, that's also there. Definitely a good one. Also the Tabasco Habanero is right tasty, too! I like them all.....

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #26 of 111
I have a small bottle of Tabasco sauce, that's it.

343px-Tabasco_sauce.jpg

Apr 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #29 of 111
I like hot but not too hot. I used to like one called Firebrand No.5 but I never see it on the shelves anymore. Right now I have one called just Cayenne Hot Sauce and I would rate it as a 3 out of 10. It was cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back