Horrible Experiences
May 24, 2007 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

500+ Head-Fier
Well on Monday I decided to order my A2 from Newegg, dad used credit card to make the order and now 4 times I have received an error saying that the address is not correct, my dad is going to check tomorrow, but the thing is the shipping address shouldn't matter, right? I mean the billing address is what has to match the banks address, but It wont let us change that only the shipping address, it's really pissing me off, I got overnight shipping and rush processing for what, 3 days of no progress, basically right now I haven't ordered it yet. But my other orders are fine. earphone solutions and shield zone. I'm mad I need music and rest.

May 24, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 14
I'm not familiar with NewEgg but certain companies require that you have your shipping address on file with your credit card company if it is different from the billing address. Could this be the case?

May 24, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 14
Newegg did that for me as well. Just make sure your billing address is the same one that was registered on the card. And if worse comes to worst, I have a 20GB a2 for sale :p

May 24, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 14
Must have NIB 30gb
tongue.gif
My dad will check with the credit card company today.

May 24, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 14
Newegg is absolutely one of the BEST online vendors out there. They are what every other group should aspire to be like. Rest assured that they will take GREAT care of you.

I recently purchased several items from them and know that you will need to make sure that you accurately indicate the billing address for the credit card being used along with that security code(varies with the card). If the billing and shipping are one and the same, that's all you need. If different, you will be asked to provide both. My guess is that you entered the shipping address for the billing address and that's why the transaction was rejected. Heck, I get it confused sometimes as well as I have both business and personal cards which always seem to get me entering the wrong info on sites like thats.

Once you get the info corrected, you'll fall in love with the service from Newegg. I had an enclosure go bad on me within warranty. They mistakenly asked me to return the enclosure at my expense. When a supervisor discovered the mistake, they not only refunded my shipping costs but also sent a brand new unit out to me overnight AND gave me a FULL REFUND ON THE DEFECTIVE ONE. A free enclosure for a mistake? Nah, I asked them not to do that as I really wanted to pay for it. Instead they insisted that I take 10% off my next order and get free next day shipping. Dang, that's amazing. Needless to say, I'm now a customer for life.

May 24, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 14
I guess I will have to get my own credit card, because that is basically the hype I hear about Newegg, they required info that no other website has ever asked for.

May 24, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #10 of 14
For newegg, make sure that the billing of your credit card matches with the address that you are shipping your item to. Also, make sure that your credit card company and where you are paying from is IN UNITED STATES. A lot of people is bi@#Ting about the fact that Newegg does not take any payment out side of US via credit card...
Personally, I feel it is all for great personal protection, and think it is great

May 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 14
Shipping address totally makes a difference with NewEgg. Absolutely one of the best sites for gear!! I can't tell you how much computer gear I've bought from them in the last 8 years. Superb shipping and customer service!

May 28, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #12 of 14
I agree with the above posts that NewEgg is a fine and reputable vendor.

In my experience they are not at all alone in requiring that your shipping address be either your billing address or another address that is registered as an "alternate address" with your credit card company. See http://www.newegg.com/Info/AddressVerification.aspx:
If you wish to ship to an address other than your billing address, please contact your issuing bank and have your shipping destination added as an authorized alternate ship-to address in the record/memo field. We will contact your bank using the bank number you have provided to verify this information after you've placed an order. Please allow an extra day to verify any alternate ship-to address.
I use an alternate address (my work address) with them all the time, and it works fine, now that I have it set up with my CC company.

I understand why this is an annoyance, but they're upfront about this policy, and you didn't lose any money, so does it really qualify as a "horrible experience?" This sort of address verification is standard procedure for many lower-cost online vendors.

May 28, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #13 of 14
it could be worse. one time, Buydig didn't 'register' my purchase, so I had to go through the whole process two more times...

turns out, i accidentally bought 3 Gigabeats....what a mess that was.

May 28, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #14 of 14
They won't take your order if the shipping and billing addresses do not match. This is for your protection. The reason is that it keeps someone from stealing your credit card (or just the number), and using it to order a bunch of stuff and have it shipped to where they want. The way they do it, things can only be shipped to the card owner's address, making it more likely things were really ordered by the person who'll have to pay for them.

You can have your dad call the credit card company and add your address as another authorized shipping address for the card. It takes like 30 seconds, not counting the time you might spend on hold waiting to talk to a person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back