Hornet V Predator ??
Jun 18, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blackmore, it's real.
Hornet is more clearer and open than the Predator.
Hornet have less detail, dynamic and punch, but sound warmer.
it's like you compare a tube amp and an powerful electronique amp.
but it's just my experience.
I love the sound and the synergie bw Hornet and GS 1000, but compare to Predator there is a lack of detail and energie.
For short session, predator and GS1000 is fun, but for long session, i prefer hornet and GS1000 witch sound more natural and warmer.

I think it's just a question of taste, 2 are greats and predator is more sensitive with sources.
But i compare my old Hornet ( more 1000 hours on it) with my new predator witch is always in the burning process.
140 hours on it with a burning load of 10 ohms.
So maybe things'll change with more time on it, because i thing predator have the potential to surpass my hornet if only it'll become more open and sound more natural.
It's possible, because sound change always until now (see my post ), even the dynamic have increase ( it was soon at a high level out of box )...

With only 140 hours these observations will only be valid for a short period of time - as the amp burns in it will sound very different at 300 hours, and again big improvements by 600-700 hours, and then small changes until 1000-1200 hours.

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #33 of 33
Right HeadphoneAddict, but don't forget that the load is only 10 ohms, so 140 hours on it, sound like 450 burning hours with an 32 homs headphone.
This load give you the possibility to burn faster the amp.
but i 'll continue the process until reach the full potential of the Predator.
As i have wrote, sound still change.
it' have the potential to surpass my hornet, wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back