Hope I never see you guys again
Mar 27, 2010 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

CANiSLAYu

1000+ Head-Fier
Said jokingly of course, but thankfully I think my headphone journey has come to an end for a while (at least I hope so!). I first started frequenting here about 5 years back. I was fresh out of college with no money and had roommates that I had to be mindful of, so I needed a solution for late night listening and went with a custom Mister X Pimeta and Beyer DT770 Pros.

Then shortly after that I didn't have roommates and I could be as loud as I wanted, so I went back to speakers. Fast forward a few years to the present, I recently purchased a condo and thanks to shared walls and a pain-in-the-ass neighbor (noise complaints at 9PM on a Saturday? Com'on now!) it was back to headphones. So December last year I figured as a Christmas present to myself I'd get a new pair of headphones and got a pair of Sennheiser HD 595s. That's when the disease known as Head-Fi took over.

My simple, cheap Christmas present has turned into going through three different DAC/amps, five pairs of headphones and re-ripping my CD collection to ALAC in the last ~4 months.

Final result for my home rig? Grace Design m902, Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Grado SR225i and over 15x my original expenditure. But I'm finally thrilled with the sound and can just sit back and enjoy the music rather than wonder about what I'm missing out on, so it was well worth it!

So thanks to Head-Fi for the wealth of information to help guide me to this destination and helping me part with my hard earned money and I hope I won't be seeing you guys again for another 5 years :wink: This place is dangerous!
beyersmile.png

Mar 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 28
They should sticky this as a warning on the front page.

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 28
I'm here for a few months usually, happy for a few years, come back - BOOM! All these toys, new landscape, new personal circumstances, I've made some money or lost some... Always lovely to come back
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda feel resposible for this. Sold him my Grado 225i's recently...:[

would love my feedback though

*salutes

LOL

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by xsmooth69x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this forum is horrible...

This website also needs discipline...And luckily I do possess this gem. That is why I am just a One-Headphone Guy. I think this website is still one of the websites I have encounter when surfing the Internet.

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This website also needs discipline...And luckily I do possess this gem. That is why I am just a One-Headphone Guy. I think this website is still one of the websites I have encounter when surfing the Internet.

K701, desktop recommendations,I know you are finding one
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back