Honestly, People, Little Dot...
Dec 26, 2006 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Duc

100+ Head-Fier
Really, it's Christmas, I've had a fewdrinks and I'm tired of reading about LD. They aren't that good. Save your money and buy an X-Can or WooAudio amp, really. Maybe a Lunchbox. It's always something with LD...

cool.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well considering the X-can does cost way more I should think that it would HAVE to be better..
blink.gif

The original XCans (used) are in the same ballpark as the Little Dot.

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 16
Litter Dot this, Litter dots that, litter the boards constantly... See there, happened yet again
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 16
Im thinking about trying a Lunch Box...havent decided yet though...if i want to go tube.

I thought of getting a LD+ since it was a nice price and just something to get my feet wet with tube amps =) However, im leaning towards the Lunch Box now, just need to save alittle more cash.

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The original XCans (used) are in the same ballpark as the Little Dot.

Ooo. Links? A brand new MO'ed LD2++ here costs about 125USD. I would love to get a better amp, but the closest I could find in the FS forums was a used X-can v3 for 350
blink.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 16
By posting this there is more on the LD and now there is a thread on why people should not post on LD. I find the LD Micro Tube to be a very revealing and dynamic amp. I also find it dimensional, for a headphone amp. There are no absolutes and that includes death.

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooo. Links? A brand new MO'ed LD2++ here costs about 125USD. I would love to get a better amp, but the closest I could find in the FS forums was a used X-can v3 for 350
blink.gif

plainface.gif

LD2++ here cost us about $100 more

Dec 26, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, it's Christmas, I've had a fewdrinks and I'm tired of reading about LD. They aren't that good. Save your money and buy an X-Can or WooAudio amp, really. Maybe a Lunchbox. It's always something with LD...

cool.gif

hmm... and great sound aren't that good either, so save your money and buy more alcohol. new years is just around the corner.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cool.gif

LOL!

Dec 26, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 16
I must say... I have a Little Dot Micro+ and it's not bad for what I paid it but, honestly, there are much, much, much better amps out there, of course they are more expensive but they're worth the extra money... so start to save up and get a Hornet... That's my point of view!
600smile.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say... I have a Little Dot Micro+ and it's not bad for what I paid it but, honestly, there are much, much, much better amps out there, of course they are more expensive but they're worth the extra money... so start to save up and get a Hornet... That's my point of view!
600smile.gif

I don't really think that the LDM+ is representative of their amps, neither from a technological standpoint, nor from a sonic standpoint.

It's based on the Maxim MAX9724, a chip designed for consumer applications including cell phones, that does the job, but not much more. Ah well, for the cost I guess it's more than fair though there are much, much better portable amps out there now, starting from the $90 (or less) Xtra X-1.
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really think that the LDM+ is representative of their amps, neither from a technological standpoint, nor from a sonic standpoint.

It's based on the Maxim MAX9724, a chip designed for consumer applications including cell phones, that does the job, but not much more. Ah well, for the cost I guess it's more than fair though there are much, much better portable amps out there now, starting from the $90 (or less) Xtra X-1.
wink.gif

I got my micro for $40 used. Its serviceable, but of course there are better amps. It does LOOK cool though. Its like having a little car audio amp in my pocket. I think it uses the MAX4441 chip (I think thats what its called).... another snoozer of an OP amp IMHO.

Dec 27, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #15 of 16
Little Dot Little Dot Little Dot .... Love how that rolls oiff the tongue.
biggrin.gif
The only reason I'm not on here endlessly talking about headpones, sound, and of course my Little Dots somehow, is because I'm spending all my time learning about and designing a set of custom constant current (impedance follower) gainclones to drive my Klipsch La Scalas' horns, tri-amped ... with Little Dot III+ as pre-amp. It's Gggggreat!
redface.gif
(lol, I couldn't resist!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back