Home Theater: Let's see yours!
Aug 24, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #16 of 37
Purpose built room. Completely sound proofed as there is a little over 4000 watts amplified power.

List of Equipment: 5.3.2 Atmos. 110" Projection.

Source Equipment: 2 x Oppo BDP103 (Darbee) both multizoned, PS4, PS3 (slim), iPod 160G Classic with Arcam DrDock digital output and Pro-ject RPM Genie 1.3 turntable.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009 (Atmos) AVR, 2 x Marantz MM7055 Power Amps (10 channels).
Speakers: Left, Right, Surround Left and Right are Polk Audio RTiA7's, Centre Polk CSP1000, Ceiling speakers Atlantic Technology IC-8.2. All speakers except the ceiling speakers are bi-amped with 280watts power.
Subwoofers: 2 x SVS SB Ultra 13's, Polk Audio PSW1200 and buttkicker system with 3 x Buttkicker LFE's.
Projection: A one of a kind DreamVision Siglos 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed. Only one painted in Chrome. 4K UHD HDR.
Headphones: Audeze LCD-3.1C and AudioQuest NightHawks.
Headphone Amps: Oppo HA-1 and Woo Audio WA22 tube amp.
Headphone and Speaker DAC: Auralic Vega.

All wires are in the walls and ceiling. Not visible.

Just over 2000 blu-ray movies.

Potential and future upgrades: Room treatment.

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 37
Very nice!

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 37
My HT

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #19 of 37
^
It looks fun. What is the subwoofer? Polk?

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 37
The black one is an SVS with 2x12" drivers 1000w amp, the other one is a custom made[sealed] with a 15" driver, driven with a Mackie 1200w amp
Speakers are Polk LSI 9s [4] and an LSI center. Amps by Parasound [5] monoblocks. Integra Pre/pro, Oppo BD player, Pioneer Elite CD player. Roku 2, and Chromecast for streaming. Panasonic Plasma[60']. 3 APC line conditioning with battery backup.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #21 of 37
Next year planning to upgrade to Atmos and DTS X with 4 overhead speakers.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #22 of 37
The black one is an SVS with 2x12" drivers 1000w amp, the other one is a custom made[sealed] with a 15" driver, driven with a Mackie 1200w amp
Speakers are Polk LSI 9s [4] and an LSI center. Amps by Parasound [5] monoblocks. Integra Pre/pro, Oppo BD player, Pioneer Elite CD player. Roku 2, and Chromecast for streaming. Panasonic Plasma[60']. 3 APC line conditioning with battery backup.

Nice sub. I have two SVS SB Ultra 13's. Plus one older Polk at the back with two 12" drivers.
Next year planning to upgrade to Atmos and DTS X with 4 overhead speakers.

It's worth it. I have two ceiling speakers for Atmos. Sounds great. I've been thinking of adding two more (easily done I have two spare amps and have the wires already installed). It's just I have been a little lazy. Sound is intense in my room anyway.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #23 of 37
Nice sub. I have two SVS SB Ultra 13's. Plus one older Polk at the back with two 12" drivers.

It's worth it. I have two ceiling speakers for Atmos. Sounds great. I've been thinking of adding two more (easily done I have two spare amps and have the wires already installed). It's just I have been a little lazy. Sound is intense in my room anyway.
Yeah my SVS predates those Ultras, it was designed by Tom V. currently with PSA audio.
I'm a big supporter of the new immersive sound, I was simply waiting for DTS X to arrive with more Pre/pros to support it. I have 4 more amps and gonna use Polk's multi purpose speaker for on ceiling install. My landlord doesn't want me cut holes on the ceiling and I don't care for those Atmos modules.
Yeah I got good sound too, especially with MCH audio with SACD/DVD-A.. I see you digging that too, not a whole lot us around to spin those discs.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #24 of 37
Yeah my SVS predates those Ultras, it was designed by Tom V. currently with PSA audio.
I'm a big supporter of the new immersive sound, I was simply waiting for DTS X to arrive with more Pre/pros to support it. I have 4 more amps and gonna use Polk's multi purpose speaker for on ceiling install. My landlord doesn't want me cut holes on the ceiling and I don't care for those Atmos modules.
Yeah I got good sound too, especially with MCH audio with SACD/DVD-A.. I see you digging that too, not a whole lot us around to spin those discs.

To be honest my two SVS Ultra were over kill. I could have settled with one. It took me over a year to get them dialed in and tamed. The things were shaking my door hinge pins upwards.
eek.gif
Not kidding.

My Marantz SR7009 is Atmos enabled but no DTS-X. It is now over 2 years old so I'm considering a change. I might add the two extra ceiling speakers and new AVR at the same time. What is unique about my room is the power amps. 10 x 140watts. So each main speaker is being feed 2 x 140watts in a bi-amp configuration. Very scary. My AVR is only powering the two ceiling speakers and two speakers in Zone 2. So while watching a film it only has two amps running. It can breath easily. Lots of headroom.

SACD/DVD audio is one reason why I own two Blu-ray players exactly the same. One is setup for multi channel speakers, the other for 2 channel HP listening.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #25 of 37
  To be honest my two SVS Ultra were over kill.(snip)

Overkill is GOOD......
L3000.gif

One should NEVER opologise for going the overkill route......   
wink_face.gif

It is one of the main reasons for justifiable progress.....    
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #26 of 37
  Overkill is GOOD......
L3000.gif

One should NEVER opologise for going the overkill route......   
wink_face.gif

It is one of the main reasons for justifiable progress.....    
beerchug.gif

Yes. However for the first time ever I realized that I did overkill on the overkill.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #27 of 37
Im going to get some better pics going, but here's mine!

DIY Soundgroup cinema 88 (88 special) LCR
2x18" Dayton UM-18 sealed 4cuft enclosures
Polk Audio Surround LR
Yamaha RX-V AVR
Behringer Inuke 6000dsp

Yea... She gets loud... My wife I mean. She doesn't like it when I turn it up too much after the baby is asleep. 

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #28 of 37
Processor: Emotiva XMC-1 
Power amp: Outlaw 5 channel  200 watt/per channel for center and surrounds; Crown XLS2500 for R/L
Front speakers: Martin Logan SL3 R/L and Martin Logan Theater i center
Surrounds: Aperion Audio 5DB
Subwoofers: 18" DIY sealed sub with 1000 watts and SVS Ultra PC13
Projector: Panasonic AE4000U with 100" fixed screen 16x9

Some pictures that I took with my phone so quality is not good.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #29 of 37
I actually have not done much work on mine in a few years.  I have basically neglected it since I got into Head-fi.  I really can't afford to do BOTH... so one has to go on the back burner.  

In it's current state, it is definitely outdated.  But, I still enjoy it for a movie or two!  Really need to upgrade the equipment, though.  Getting a BIT long in the tooth.  Waiting on 4k front projection to get more affordable, and waiting on a way to rip 4K blu ray to my custom server.  

Projector : JVC DLA-RS45 
Screen: DaLite Cinema Contour 103" 2.35:1 Matte White
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Mains: Martin Logan Purity Electrostats with on-board B&O Ice amps 
Center: (phantom)
Surrounds: two 8 inch in ceiling by Monoprice
Sub: 18" Elemental Designs A7S-450
Amp: (for surrounds) Behringer A500

Source: Custom 1080p network movie server, with Dune HD-303D using ZAPPITI as the front end (iPAD control)

Currently 450 1080p movies on demand from server.

Seating: Custom Berkline Theater Recliners with motorized headrest and recline function

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #30 of 37
^

You have some interesting gear tho dude.

4K is not all that. I've been using 4K upscale from the Oppo players for a while now. Plugged in the new Panny 4K player and compared 4K to upscalled 1080P on the Deadpool film. We couldn't tell the difference in a blind test. Even on the most detailed colourful scenes.

HDR introduces more background colours however it dims the whole picture a lot. We had to use a lot more lamp light (opened up the iris).

I'm waiting to see what kind of 4K player Oppo introduces. However even tho I have a 4K HDR projector I'm considering skipping the whole thing.

Dolby Atmos is a bigger jump forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back