Home-Made IEMs
Feb 2, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #15,812 of 15,989
Well, pretty sure you're still the main brains and i'm sure you're still great with the craft. It's cool that you actually still hang out with us here in the thread.
The dude from 1964 ears/ 64 Audio was a TOTAL DIYer at their inception. I bet he still trolls around this forum….
and YES! Its totally amazing that @piotrus-g still wants to hang with us nerdy builders!
🤓🤓😂😂

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #15,813 of 15,989
The dude from 1964 ears/ 64 Audio was a TOTAL DIYer at their inception. I bet he still trolls around this forum….
and YES! Its totally amazing that @piotrus-g still wants to hang with us nerdy builders!
🤓🤓😂😂
Not sure if Vitaliy reads on here much these days, but I'm here all the time. Really interesting to see what you guys are cooking up.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Feb 3, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #15,816 of 15,989
Well, pretty sure you're still the main brains and i'm sure you're still great with the craft. It's cool that you actually still hang out with us here in the thread.
Yeah I'm definitely the brain part. I'm still very much involved hands-on in the process. I think if push comes to shove I'd still very much be able to pull off some interesting shell pours but I haven't done it in a while. Haha
And yeah I like hanging out here. I'm head-fier at heart and I like to check what you guys are coming up with 😊

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #15,817 of 15,989
Hi, Diyer's friend ! Do I need to kill the peak at 17kHz ? or just leave it there ? Thanks all of your advice.

Recently have finished building this 2 sets of IEM with same config consists of : 1x 10mm DD / 1x Sonion 37ap / 2x Sonion E50DT / 1x Knowles 32254, 4 tubes with 4 ways crossover.
Hv spend almost a year to complete it, a long long journey, very time consuming on printing different tube length in different diamter for trial and test.
All parts used 3D printing, treble is using a HORN feature to enhance the high frequency extension / 10mm DD cover inside have a low-pass chamber to filter out the high frequency. But one thing still not satisfy that the peak at 17kHz is too much, meanwhile no way to solve it.

Snap10.png
Snap13.png
Snap15.png
Snap17.png
Snap18.png

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #15,818 of 15,989
Hi, Diyer's friend ! Do I need to kill the peak at 17kHz ? or just leave it there ? Thanks all of your advice.

Recently have finished building this 2 sets of IEM with same config consists of : 1x 10mm DD / 1x Sonion 37ap / 2x Sonion E50DT / 1x Knowles 32254, 4 tubes with 4 ways crossover.
Hv spend almost a year to complete it, a long long journey, very time consuming on printing different tube length in different diamter for trial and test.
All parts used 3D printing, treble is using a HORN feature to enhance the high frequency extension / 10mm DD cover inside have a low-pass chamber to filter out the high frequency. But one thing still not satisfy that the peak at 17kHz is too much, meanwhile no way to solve it.

Snap10.pngSnap13.pngSnap15.pngSnap17.pngSnap18.png

Ooh I like this type of tuning. Listen to it yourself and see if you can hear it, personally I usually keep those peaks since I can't hear them.

Feb 3, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #15,820 of 15,989

Snap10.pngSnap13.pngSnap15.pngSnap17.pngSnap18.png
I wouldnt go after deadening that high without a human ear listening. You may may wind up putting in so much extra into it that wasnt necessary.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #15,822 of 15,989
Is there any tutorial on custom reshelling an existing IEM?
not really. every IEM wouldbe different and you would have to know so many different proprietary aspects to exactly replicate. Now, if precision is of no consequence, someone in here will know how to open it/ soften the glue. but, the internals or direct driver replacement MIGHT be impossible if proprietary drivers were used.

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #15,825 of 15,989
Hello!
nowadays, I’m tuning 31736 driver.
I’m trying to use it with no damper.
How about using resister instead of damper? (2~4ohms)

This graph is no damper graph.
IMG_0729.png

Or do you have recommend damper color?
Thank you~~
This is going to be soooo bright, good direction but probably needs some tuning on upper mids and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back