Home-Made IEMs
Dec 13, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #15,694 of 15,989
I used iec711. But it is not calibrated. So i test it compare with other earphones. Also i took off the 2ohms (parallel) , but it has deep graph on 0-200hz

Can you test a random IEM? Any one will do just to see if it is leaking. If you're using the original soundcard that came with the IEC711 it shouldn't need calibration.

Dec 17, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #15,700 of 15,989
Anyone have a datasheet for the Knowles RQU35066? I can't find one anywhere and I have some samples. Also....what is the purpose of the twin separated spouts?

Attachments

• RQU-35066-000.jpg
    RQU-35066-000.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 18, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #15,703 of 15,989
yep...that's the price for 1. Only good thing is they are not counterfeit or used!
man, DigiKey and Mouser should have made off with a ton of profit margin and cash. It's almost like Knowles' purpose is to say, "Oh yeah! We sell to small build shops and hobbyists." then followed that up by having ENORMOUS base costs. I wouldn't be able to continue build IEMs for people if I was forced to purchase from those two businesses. Whats kinda wild though is the volume of resistors, capacitors etc that they sell at very competitive prices. It's kinda jacked in way... We used to have Belsing to fall back on, but knowles sued everybody and anybody involved in using Bellsing in place of the traditional Knowles equivalent product number AND THEY WON! How many other businesses are putting out micro electronics? They got the industry stateside right where they want it. Sonion refuses to enter the US market competitively and Knowles, Digi, and Mouser just continue to rake. One time, I accidentally bought the wrong FK sku from Mouser. I mistakenly clicked on the super high Ω version for use in radios and the sort. After i opened their little fancy styro pad envelope and realized it was the wrong the sku they told me, " you broke the seal on the packaging. There is nothing more that we can do for you. So, I got stuck holding onto 6 of these FK's at like $30 dollars each. (heres the link)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Knowles/FK-30817-000?qs=WKNSk2eAW0qiTLwTCnwgTg==
what in the world am I gonna build in the premium audio space, using a 300 Ω FK. maybe @piotrus-g can brainstorm it. I'm all ears as Austin Powers might have said... lol

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #15,704 of 15,989
hi guys , where you all buying drivers in Usa ? Cuz i buy at aliexpress, and it take forever to get in California.
Which company sends faster?
Thank you
Seltech gave me the most competitive product cost. However, there is a minimum piece amount per order. You may be able to talk with your assigned sales rep to work out an agreement to get the piece count requirement waived. Even as competitive as they are SoundLink is still the best, dollar for dollar, for the small audio shop/ hobbyist.

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #15,705 of 15,989
This is the huge drawback to being "forced" into using plug n' play specs for branded drivers. One thing Sonion does incredibly well is offer versatility in their stock line-up. If you had the ability to wire HODVTEC in series versus parallel, you would see way more response to our efforts. If you also had HODVTEC built with internal FerroFluid you would have one heck of a low end driver. Still doesn't reach the perfection of the Sonion 38 series with FerroFluid. The battle we wage is trying to get these stock drivers to bend to our liking without being destroyed or unusable. While there are some FANTASTIC stock items from Knowles on the market, the promised land is to engineer your sound stage how you want it followed by buying the drivers built to your specifications from Sonion and/or Knowles. We will get close sometimes, hit the bullseye rarely, and not quite get to where we want, routinely. Sorta like batting in baseball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back