Home-Made IEMs
Dec 1, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #15,661 of 16,072
I replaced the MMCX connectors in my SE425 a few months ago so technically I could do this. The issue is that I have no idea how to take the Z1R apart. If anyone finds a guide and it doesn't require anything other than heating, unplugging the back, repairing, and glueing it back, I could help you out.
I would be thrilled to have you try! It's okay if you can't fix it, no one else seems to be able!!

Literally, it's going to sit and rot otherwise. Let me know, and thanks!!

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #15,662 of 16,072
I would be thrilled to have you try! It's okay if you can't fix it, no one else seems to be able!!

Literally, it's going to sit and rot otherwise. Let me know, and thanks!!
You got PM

Dec 4, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #15,667 of 16,072
Dec 9, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #15,671 of 16,072
Got my IEC-711 clone calibrated, IEC60318-4. Measurements of KZ ZSX and my DIY 10mm planars, with physical tuning only. The highs are a little shimmery on the planars but details is there, and with the right tips and good seal, sibilance is minimal. I posted dayton Imm-6 measurements earlier in the thread, these planars are my daily drivers. I might almost have more listening time than build time at this point, a few years later :)
IEC60318-4 ZSX and 10mm DIY Planar.jpg

Edit: it is ZX ZAX, not ZSX. Just there for a comparison on dB level.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #15,672 of 16,072
Hi Guys, i need a help with my Blon blo3 iem.

I removed the nozzle filters because of dust accumulation and sound is not coming properly in one side and i lost the stock filters.I'm using foam used for microphone cover foam, but even after that I'm hearing sibilance. I don't know how to control sibilance.i can't order nozzle filters from AliExpress, because it was banned in my country. Is there any other way to reduce sibilance?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #15,673 of 16,072
Hi Guys, i need a help with my Blon blo3 iem.

I removed the nozzle filters because of dust accumulation and sound is not coming properly in one side and i lost the stock filters.I'm using foam used for microphone cover, but even after that I'm hearing sibilance. I don't know how to control sibilance.i can't order nozzle filters from AliExpress, because it was banned in my country. Is there any other way to reduce sibilance?
Find some open cell foam sheets, maybe 1/4" thick maximum. The microphone cover may be too thin, try multiple pieces. Cut small circles of the foam, and insert into nozzle. Try different types of foam

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #15,674 of 16,072
Quick question for anyone who's 3d printing their shells with standard resin, and then giving them a final coat of fotoplast lack3.
Are you sanding your shells before adding the lack3? Or are the print layers small enough, that the lack3 will fill them in and still give a smooth finish.

I'm using a photon mono 4k which can get down to a pretty fine resolution. I sanded my last pair a little bit, but am I just making more work for myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back