Home-Made IEMs
Dec 27, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #13,591 of 15,984
If you are a Pro, contact dreve and they will give you the nearest distributor from your home. I did so they gave me the coordinates and I supplied myself directly in my country. If you’re not a pro, SoundLink is a solution,. It’s not the cheapest but is better than nothing:wink:

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #13,592 of 15,984
If you are a Pro, contact dreve and they will give you the nearest distributor from your home. I did so they gave me the coordinates and I supplied myself directly in my country. If you’re not a pro, SoundLink is a solution,. It’s not the cheapest but is better than nothing:wink:
I'm not a pro, just dyi'er. At Soundlink 500 ml of fotoplast cost 220 eur including shipping. I don't need that much and to pay over 50 EUR for shipping is ridiculous. Where others are getting their materials from?

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #13,593 of 15,984
Hello,
stupid question but does anyone have a usable tip to how i can fix the mmcx connector if ive made the shell "to small" with small i mean the area where the connector usualy are, the flat small surface. when i made the impression i didnt think of it and is just hit me. do i have anyway of fixing it or is it just to throw away the shells and make new ones?
If this is a gel mold shell (sorry I don't print mine), I will take bondic or photoplast gel and put a drop inside the shell where the connector goes. I will cure it, then do it again, adding as many layers as i need to get my wall thickness where I want it. I will then shape with my dremel and continue as usual. I am also very generous with my bondic on the inside and outside of the shell. One last tip, take your dremel and rough up the surface of your connector...notch it if you can. This helps keep your socket from spinning or backing out in the future.

Dec 31, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #13,594 of 15,984
Hello again.
I want to start a project with the BS6. I'm interested to boost the bass .. Which driver is recommended to match them?
does the MASM7 fit for that.

Or would you even recommend another project? Interested in detail, soundstate and warm sound. (Used only for listening to music. I'm not a musician) My soldering skils are fine, not an expert. (I have done two bs6 + zoble so far).

Thank :)

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #13,595 of 15,984
For builders in Europe - not sure if this was already dicsussed, but our trusty material supplier Danny passed away, site mcear.de is no longer open. Very sad to see this information, this person helped a lot in starting this hobby.

Follow up question - does anybody know where to buy fotoplast in small quantities in Europe? Google search did not give results, only options are to go directly to dreve and attempt to buy 500 ml for $$$ or get it from Soundlink, but that is not EU and import is applied which makes it expensive.

1640592606439.png
i got to know this some days ago..............sad........
i used to get stuff from mcear.de :frowning2:
Hello again.
I want to start a project with the BS6. I'm interested to boost the bass .. Which driver is recommended to match them?
does the MASM7 fit for that.

Or would you even recommend another project? Interested in detail, soundstate and warm sound. (Used only for listening to music. I'm not a musician) My soldering skils are fine, not an expert. (I have done two bs6 + zoble so far).

Thank :)
is this your first build, if not, then try learning ED29689 and its combination with tweeter where ED is on lowpass and tweeter is on highpass
adding woofer to it is easier and might give you a really good build

if this is your first build, then do MASM series

Jan 2, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #13,596 of 15,984
is this your first build, if not, then try learning ED29689 and its combination with tweeter where ED is on lowpass and tweeter is on highpass
adding woofer to it is easier and might give you a really good build

if this is your first build, then do MASM series
Is't a GQ = ED+tweeter? There is a reason to go for other combination? (I'm not trying to challenge my self if not necessary.. while the build is stand for my expectations.. bass,soundstage and detail)

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #13,597 of 15,984
CI has a large amount of lower mids, but is slow and does not have a good bass below 50hz. But bass amount is most likely an issue with the fit, the BS6+Z has more than enough bass, it has much more bass than the GK.
I mean… CI isnt even marketed as a “woofer”. Lol. CI sounds super clean. Not efficient really but has a huge motor. You can’t get that sound with any other type if driver. Its a low-end driver not a sub. This is like comparing a guitar amp to a bass amp. 😂

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #13,598 of 15,984
For builders in Europe - not sure if this was already dicsussed, but our trusty material supplier Danny passed away, site mcear.de is no longer open. Very sad to see this information, this person helped a lot in starting this hobby.

Follow up question - does anybody know where to buy fotoplast in small quantities in Europe? Google search did not give results, only options are to go directly to dreve and attempt to buy 500 ml for $$$ or get it from Soundlink, but that is not EU and import is applied which makes it expensive.

1640592606439.png
Anybody else have ideas where to get fotoplast in smaller quantities? Does anybody have some spare clear and black-transparent for sale? Not looking for much, 50 ml each would set me up for couple of years probably, I have other colors and do not build that much.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #13,599 of 15,984
Anybody else have ideas where to get fotoplast in smaller quantities? Does anybody have some spare clear and black-transparent for sale? Not looking for much, 50 ml each would set me up for couple of years probably, I have other colors and do not build that much.
I dont use dreve resins. However, I do have ample amounts of pro3dure PR-1. Its a 405nm resin opposed to the 365nm of fotoplast. I feel it gives more detail and proper wall thickness, especially with small tighter canals. Message me if your interested. FYI - it’ll never fully cure in a 365nm device.

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #13,600 of 15,984
I dont use dreve resins. However, I do have ample amounts of pro3dure PR-1. Its a 405nm resin opposed to the 365nm of fotoplast. I feel it gives more detail and proper wall thickness, especially with small tighter canals. Message me if your interested. FYI - it’ll never fully cure in a 365nm device.
Thank you for the offer. I honestly do not know my UV light length nor can find it in specifications (cheap chinese device), all I know I have no issues with fotoplast. So I will not risk with another brand of resin if it could potentialy be unusable.

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #13,601 of 15,984
.I use freeprint mould 405 detax, I also used other 405 resin but at the level of precision it is not all identical, the details are excellent with detax , it is not the case with other ultra clear that I have . Many make ultra-precise jewelry with lower resins like 385 -365 it seems more accurate from what they say and generally the materials are more expensive

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #13,602 of 15,984
Thank you for the offer. I honestly do not know my UV light length nor can find it in specifications (cheap chinese device), all I know I have no issues with fotoplast. So I will not risk with another brand of resin if it could potentialy be unusable.
Nicefit and the Egger pouring resin are also 365nm. If you had a 405 lamp, alll those products would Over cure in 5-10 seconds.

Jan 9, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #13,603 of 15,984
Nicefit and the Egger pouring resin are also 365nm. If you had a 405 lamp, alll those products would Over cure in 5-10 seconds.
It's the reverse actually, 365nm is way more energy-rich than 405.

Jan 11, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #13,604 of 15,984
My first DIY. Single 13.7mm DD.
xtaudio.jpg

xtaudio2.jpg
Here are the FR vs the KZ ZEX Pro. ( Red: ZEX Pro; Cyan: DIY)
Quality bass with a bit more mid bass, vocal is close and center, treble is bright but but shouty.
ZEX PRO VS XT Audio.jpg
do you made a 3d model of this shell? :) and can you share on the forum ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back