Home-Made IEMs
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #13,621 of 14,015

swtnate

100+ Head-Fier
I mean to say diy 846 and not BS6
Though BS6 also needs a lot of work for my taste
Its a typical scooped signature. If thats what you are looking for, then you would need to do a total DIY assembly. Which is fine. You jus have to test out the crossover components and drivers independently. If you choose driver that dont work well together, you will struggle in long testing times, wiring configs, tubing lengths, dampers to use, etc.

Jan 29, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #13,623 of 14,015

Mart.oporto

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! It's been more than two years since I entered the thread or did projects since I was very immersed in other things. I quit my job because dates are popping up to play music and that is a great addition to my small but very enthusiastic career. I recently broke my pair of GVs and want to put something new together. It's been so long since I've been here that the last big project in this group was a new 6-way driver with a Zobel circuit that was generating a lot of love in the community.

1- What interesting projects appeared since then? Which one could you recommend me? The use I want to give it is to listen to hifi music with a Chord Mojo and also to monitor myself on stage. 2- I'm thinking of not making the shells by pouring method but 3D printing. There is a company in my country that provides the scanning service, but I wanted to know if the 3D scanner resins will be suitable for audiology.

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #13,624 of 14,015

Aldo40

100+ Head-Fier
So... how do you guys work with the soundlink shells? Does it need lacquer, nail polish or resin? I intend to get one but no idea on how to work with it.
Hi,
the soundlink shells, as with other shell it is necessary to sand them a can and then to pass a suitable varnish, above all it is not necessary nail polish! the first reason is that it is not permanent varnish, after a few weeks it will not hold, and the second reason is that the specific varnishes that are made for IEM are anti allergen, If you put iem + nail polish in the ears you will have a serious irritation problem!

The varnishes often used are Dreve lack3 or Egger lacquer.

the egger is a bit more fluid than the dreve, I test it currently it is really good, the finish is similar to lake 3

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #13,625 of 14,015

dhruvmeena96

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys! It's been more than two years since I entered the thread or did projects since I was very immersed in other things. I quit my job because dates are popping up to play music and that is a great addition to my small but very enthusiastic career. I recently broke my pair of GVs and want to put something new together. It's been so long since I've been here that the last big project in this group was a new 6-way driver with a Zobel circuit that was generating a lot of love in the community.

1- What interesting projects appeared since then? Which one could you recommend me? The use I want to give it is to listen to hifi music with a Chord Mojo and also to monitor myself on stage. 2- I'm thinking of not making the shells by pouring method but 3D printing. There is a company in my country that provides the scanning service, but I wanted to know if the 3D scanner resins will be suitable for audiology.
https://github.com/DhruvMeena/IEM-designs

here you go
but even these are old as per the thread (it's a separate community now lmao)
some dabbled with IEM planar drivers,
some making Harman tuned/ inspired tuning

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #13,626 of 14,015

Mart.oporto

New Head-Fier
https://github.com/DhruvMeena/IEM-diseños

aquí tienes
pero incluso estos son viejos según el hilo (ahora es una comunidad separada, lmao)
algunos incursionaron con los controladores planos IEM,
algunos haciendo Harman sintonizado / sintonizado inspirado
Can I know your name? My son will be named like you.
https://github.com/DhruvMeena/IEM-diseños

aqui tienes
pero incluso estos son viejos según el hilo (ahora es una comunidad separada, lmao)
algunos incursionaron con los controladores planares IEM,
algunos haciendo Harman sintonizado / sintonizado inspirado

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #13,627 of 14,015

Mart.oporto

New Head-Fier
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #13,628 of 14,015

Mart.oporto

New Head-Fier
D
https://github.com/DhruvMeena/IEM-designs

here you go
but even these are old as per the thread (it's a separate community now lmao)
some dabbled with IEM planar drivers,
some making Harman tuned/ inspired tuning
I have a series of many questions and I apologize right now for my ignorance but I have a couple of questions that don't let me sleep:
1- Do you have photos of the resistors and capacitors you used? Because with the same capacitance there are many sizes of capacitors. Or at least tell me what voltage it carries, or the characteristics of the parts. I am very sorry, I am still very ignorant in electronic parts.
2- What are your favorite shopping pages? I no longer see SoundLink on Aliexpress or the Spanish page on Taobao.

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #13,630 of 14,015

dhruvmeena96

Headphoneus Supremus
Can I know your name? My son will be named like you.
my name is Dhruv Meena
What's the best for a audiophile and the best for monitoring?
For monitoring, try to follow curves like diffuse field or harman
if its audiophile, you need to listen to some other iem which deviates from reference iem and find what is your liking and then we can decide what tuning you like more
D

I have a series of many questions and I apologize right now for my ignorance but I have a couple of questions that don't let me sleep:
1- Do you have photos of the resistors and capacitors you used? Because with the same capacitance there are many sizes of capacitors. Or at least tell me what voltage it carries, or the characteristics of the parts. I am very sorry, I am still very ignorant in electronic parts.
2- What are your favorite shopping pages? I no longer see SoundLink on Aliexpress or the Spanish page on Taobao.
get the smallest resistor which is comfortable with you with highest voltage rating, other member can help more on this topic
my favourite shopping page, ;(, I kinda left making iem so there is none, but soundlink is the best place for it, doesn't matter you are shopping from taobao or Ali

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #13,631 of 14,015

TheLastAurora

New Head-Fier
My 1st build hybrid IEM. 4 ways : Low_10mm Dynamic Driver / Low mid_sonion 37ap / High mid_sonion 2389 / High_ Knowles 31736 . Total is 1 dynamic drivers with 5 BAs for each side.
The parts in blue color is made by 3D printer. B4 what I do is to use cigaratte lighter heated the tube and stretch it, now all this parts done by 3D printer, more accurate and much easier without un-balance of FR. But still have a lot of things to learn.. Thanks for those guys in this forum who have help me on 3D printing !!!
How did you lowpass the DDs?

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #13,632 of 14,015

discus123

New Head-Fier
How did you lowpass the DDs?
Dampers, tube diameter and tube length. I like the small damper put into 2x1.0mm ID tube and on top of it insert 3.0x2.0mm ID tube.

Attachments

• ss1.png
    ss1.png
    503.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ss2.,png.png
    ss2.,png.png
    454.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #13,634 of 14,015

TheLastAurora

New Head-Fier
Have you tried an RC low pass with cap and resistor? Or you can't really do that because it will sound weird?
I'm asking this because I ordered this DD: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/3303...=glo2bra&spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.4e53b90am8ClfE and a 2389D with creating hybrid in mind. I read somewhere here that damping too much the DDs reduce their dynamics, so I thought that L-pad + yellow damper (if necessary) would be a better idea. I really don't know about this stuff, sorry. I made a sketch, but I'm not sure if it would be something like that...
1643728025783.png
I was pretty good at electrodynamics in college, but the last 5 years from there I've been doing completely non related studies hehe.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #13,635 of 14,015

discus123

New Head-Fier
Have you tried an RC low pass with cap and resistor? Or you can't really do that because it will sound
I'm asking this because I ordered this DD: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/3303...=glo2bra&spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.4e53b90am8ClfE and a 2389D with creating hybrid in mind. I read somewhere here that damping too much the DDs reduce their dynamics, so I thought that L-pad + yellow damper (if necessary) would be a better idea. I really don't know about this stuff, sorry. I made a sketch, but I'm not sure if it would be something like that... I was pretty good at electrodynamics in college, but the last 5 years from there I've been doing completely non related studies hehe.
I totally rely on IEC711 coupler, measure the FR and making the fine tuning, very time consuming. I'm still a learner. I think @dhruvmeena96 can answer your question, he is PRO

Attachments

• 747E72CE-727C-4188-AE68-ED6C2519A03F.png
    747E72CE-727C-4188-AE68-ED6C2519A03F.png
    803.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread