Home-Made IEMs
Dec 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #13,546 of 15,989
Anyone care to share strategies or ways you mount your passive circuit components? Ive done printed PCB aasembly, soldering directly to driver, soldering directly to the litz wire and floating them in the shell, adhering them to drivers after soldering to litz wires, etc. I have a project that includes 7-10 components in the circuit. The shell requested is transparent and high gloss. I need a more organized approach to showcase a professional assembly appearance. Am I missing something?

Dec 10, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #13,548 of 15,989
Anyone care to share strategies or ways you mount your passive circuit components? Ive done printed PCB aasembly, soldering directly to driver, soldering directly to the litz wire and floating them in the shell, adhering them to drivers after soldering to litz wires, etc. I have a project that includes 7-10 components in the circuit. The shell requested is transparent and high gloss. I need a more organized approach to showcase a professional assembly appearance. Am I missing something?
Only true black metal and soldering directly to the litz wire and floating them in the shell. :relaxed:

Check old @piotrus-g reshell design

Zrzut ekranu 2021-12-10 o 10.49.58.png

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #13,550 of 15,989
No idea what that is. LOL.
Sad.... You aint man of culture hahahahahha

Only true black metal and soldering directly to the litz wire and floating them in the shell. :relaxed:

Check old @piotrus-g reshell design

Old @piotrus-g is still a legend.... Its just that we aint able to see him since 2020 start

Hope this world come out of covid and then you gonna see some ultra super crazy project from him

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #13,554 of 15,989
anyone ever experienced this:

RAB32257 - Wired in parallel
stacked on top of:
ED29689 - Wired in parallel w/ non-half coil
Then, attaching the stretched out #13 tubing over both spouts
#13 tube length = 14mm

Guess what happened....

complete low-end phase cancellation for BOTH drivers.

Dec 12, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #13,556 of 15,989
anyone ever experienced this:

RAB32257 - Wired in parallel
stacked on top of:
ED29689 - Wired in parallel w/ non-half coil
Then, attaching the stretched out #13 tubing over both spouts
#13 tube length = 14mm

Guess what happened....

complete low-end phase cancellation for BOTH drivers.
Complete cancellation probably doesn't exist - you have a leak somewhere I guess

Dec 13, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #13,557 of 15,989
So, I have been gluing tubing to the drivers using UV Nicefit and so far it has worked out alright. But I hate having to hold the tube and the driver and lean over to hold it under the light until it cures.
I tried using CA instant glue but always get drips in bad places or fogging on the shells and drivers.
So I'm wondering what is everyone using as glue for tubing and fixing divers in the shells etc.?

Dec 13, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #13,558 of 15,989
So, I have been gluing tubing to the drivers using UV Nicefit and so far it has worked out alright. But I hate having to hold the tube and the driver and lean over to hold it under the light until it cures.
I tried using CA instant glue but always get drips in bad places or fogging on the shells and drivers.
So I'm wondering what is everyone using as glue for tubing and fixing divers in the shells etc.?

I'm just using Loctite superglue actually.

Dec 13, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #13,559 of 15,989
two options you can check, reverse RAB polarity and hi-pass ED with 2,2uF-220nF
Thats a
Loctite 3301. I bought a small pocket UV flash light at a home improvement store. I push the tube on the driver while having the light. Its cured enough to stop holding it after 2-3 seconds. Then i put the drivers in the cure box for 2 minutes. You have to cut it off cuz you’re sure not pulling it off the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back