Home-Made IEMs
Feb 19, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #11,056 of 15,999
Ps. When i switch from a long time just ba to dd the dd sounds pretty low resolving whit too recressed highs whit pretty thick base
I second that. It’s not comparable.
I’ll love to have something that is as warm and relaxed sounding as an HD650 but still has the clarity and resolution of a BA. Since I have the Topping DXS7 the hd650 Sound again better than my CIEMs.
Oh well, guess that’s a never ending hobby :wink:

Feb 19, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #11,057 of 15,999
I second that. It’s not comparable.
I’ll love to have something that is as warm and relaxed sounding as an HD650 but still has the clarity and resolution of a BA. Since I have the Topping DXS7 the hd650 Sound again better than my CIEMs.
Oh well, guess that’s a never ending hobby :wink:
Did you ever listen to dlc drivers they are pretty good resolving

I am looking for the same as you relaxed warm but good resolving maybe a hybrid iem like moondrop blessing 2

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #11,060 of 15,999
Feb 20, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #11,061 of 15,999
Any ideas for a single rab 32063 build

I wanted to go 12mm tube 2mm whit green filter at 10mm

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #11,062 of 15,999
Well after a very long time I finally finished a new build. This time it is a Tri-brid, but not the usual type. I think this is a world first Tri-brid which uses dynamic drivers, planar dynamic drivers, and balanced armature drivers.

Driver config (total of 7 drivers)
Bass: 2x 6mm dynamic drivers in push push configuration
Full range: 1x 10mm planar dynamic driver
Treble: DEA5128 (eAudio's driver, I believe it is equivalent to a Sonion 2800)
Super tweeter: SWFK31736

For faceplate I used dyed wood (the blue and purple bits). For one side I sprinkled some gold dust on it. The other side had a piece of shell engraved into the wood, which was simple but looked quite nice.

The drivers were actually too big and the dynamics stuck out a bit, took a lot of effort to seal the IEM. The IEM had to be vented, and 5 holes were drilled into the shell in order to have sufficient venting.

10mm Planar 1.jpg
10mm Planar 2.jpg

10mm Planar 3.jpg
10mm Planar 5.jpg

I aimed to get very deep bass that would not bleed into the mids. Ended up with this curve. You get really big and deep bass but vocals remain crystal clear. Highs are not sharp at all despite that peak. Overall you get a very clear sound with big bass.

Unfortunately the planar dynamic driver was not well matched out of the factory (strangely), and I had to manually tune it, which resulted in the variation between left and right driver. Impedance was quite flat, which is desired.

Frequency Response
10mm Planar Build (Closed Shell).png

Impedance and Phase:
10mm Planar Build.png

Overall a very tough project (especially trying to match the planar drivers!) that ended up sounding excellent.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #11,064 of 15,999
Well after a very long time I finally finished a new build. This time it is a Tri-brid, but not the usual type. I think this is a world first Tri-brid which uses dynamic drivers, planar dynamic drivers, and balanced armature drivers.

For faceplate I used dyed wood (the blue and purple bits). For one side I sprinkled some gold dust on it. The other side had a piece of shell engraved into the wood, which was simple but looked quite nice.

The drivers were actually too big and the dynamics stuck out a bit, took a lot of effort to seal the IEM. The IEM had to be vented, and 5 holes were drilled into the shell in order to have sufficient venting.

10mm Planar 1.jpg10mm Planar 2.jpg
10mm Planar 3.jpg10mm Planar 5.jpg

I aimed to get very deep bass that would not bleed into the mids. Ended up with this curve. You get really big and deep bass but vocals remain crystal clear. Highs are not sharp at all despite that peak. Overall you get a very clear sound with big bass.

Unfortunately the planar dynamic driver was not well matched out of the factory (strangely), and I had to manually tune it, which resulted in the variation between left and right driver. Impedance was quite flat, which is desired.

Frequency Response
Impedance and Phase:
10mm Planar Build.png

Overall a very tough project (especially trying to match the planar drivers!) that ended up sounding excellent.
Wow i am shocked by the look of the internals very skillfull

Feb 21, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #11,066 of 15,999
Looks like Soundlink isn't carrying Bellsing anymore. I've reached out to make sure. I'll post their reply.
screw there was a lawsuit by knowles against bellsing i think they lost

I have one pair 10013 left i should use it wisley

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #11,069 of 15,999
They told me, that they aren't able to sell bellsing drivers to the US because they are "agents" of Knowles.
That is why they removed them from their shop.
But if you live outside of the US, they might be able to sell it to you if you contact them.

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #11,070 of 15,999

10mm Planar 1.jpg10mm Planar 2.jpg
10mm Planar 3.jpg10mm Planar 5.jpg

Frequency Response
Impedance and Phase:
10mm Planar Build.png

Finally you uploaded it

Hahahha

I was waiting for the real banger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back