Home-Made IEMs
Feb 4, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #10,983 of 16,035
howdy yall
almost done with my first ciem
working on the faceplate right now and so my question is:
How can I put the circuit board holding the zobel into the faceplate with fotoplast?
i put the zobel on a small board (will fit, already checked) and would like it to be within the resin of the faceplate.
would i be able to suspend the board in the middle of curing resin or would i have to do this in layers?

Feb 6, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #10,984 of 16,035
howdy yall
almost done with my first ciem
working on the faceplate right now and so my question is:
How can I put the circuit board holding the zobel into the faceplate with fotoplast?
i put the zobel on a small board (will fit, already checked) and would like it to be within the resin of the faceplate.
would i be able to suspend the board in the middle of curing resin or would i have to do this in layers?
Do you want it as aesthetic design?

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #10,991 of 16,035
ill get maybe 1 small bubble once in a while
i use a wax melter

do you know how krystalloid would react?
No. But I never have problems with bubbles, sometimes there is one or two bubbles and if so I simply remove them with a piece of wire.
If you work to quick with fotoplast bubbles are more annoying - but they can be fixed by simply sanding them open and filling up with some more resin. It’s a bit tedious but not a big problem for me.

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #10,995 of 16,035
Got those done today by an audiologist, how far should I trim them? Also do you recommend a more flexible or rigid material for shells? (filoalfa medical flex pla or colorfabb ngen flex for flex or smartfill clear biocompatible petg)
20200207_195031.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back