Home-Made IEMs
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #6,140 of 15,982
Oh wow..lol

You completely lost your mind, that's it :) 

Did it come with Hydrocolloid in it? 

I have gone crazy!!!!

Lol, no colloid in it. The dentist didn't know how to use it because it was all messed up. It took me about an hour to clean it. I'm assuming he didn't understand the Chinese writing because the element temps were very different.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #6,141 of 15,982

Flyingbananna, that crossover circuit board is awsome, where did you get it ?  Do you know if they make them for different armature bundles ?  I am looking for a crossover design for a [COLOR=333333]HODVTEC and a TWFK.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thanks[/COLOR]

Taobao, there are few combinations available.

I would like crossover for same driver pairing

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #6,144 of 15,982
We should put some money in and buy a set, then dissect it to find out what the values are. I wonder when they will hit Digikey or Mouser.

I looked at the GV during Luke's stream on his facebook page.
it looked like it's not the regular Hodvtec as it was already wired in parallel.

Don't know when or if they will be on sale anytime soon.
Maybe some guys that received their kit in the first wave could give us a bit more info on them.

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #6,146 of 15,982
DUDE!!!!  How do you always find the deals?!?!  I have been looking for a deal on one of these bad boys but they are hard to find and always $1k or so...

Nice find!  My thinking is that these things should be all over the market as more people go digital but that doesn't seem to be the case!

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #6,147 of 15,982
I found some info on the Knowles GV, and wanted to share with everyone.

Knowles has released a new 4-way balanced armature receiver with their GV series. It is 4 drivers with a 3-way crossover composed of the HODVTEC woofer and TWFK midrange / tweeter. This driver produces an excellent bass response and dynamic range.

Key features

Complete solution for high-quality, in-ear Hi-Fi systems
Premium bandwidth
Custom tuning available
4 back vents with removable seals (1 tape and 2 screens)
Rich bass response
Specifications

Sensitivity (@ 1kHz): 113.25 dB
DC resistance: 35 Ohms
Impedance (@ 500Hz): 50 Ohms
Impedance (@ 1kHz): 28 Ohms
Port location: Dual
Contact Seltech for more details as well as technical and sales support

seltech@seltech-international.com

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #6,148 of 15,982
  DUDE!!!!  How do you always find the deals?!?!  I have been looking for a deal on one of these bad boys but they are hard to find and always $1k or so...

Nice find!  My thinking is that these things should be all over the market as more people go digital but that doesn't seem to be the case!

Sorry, this was meant for Shiloh and his killer new duplicator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back