Home-Made IEMs
May 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #3,753 of 15,989
  Exactly,
The worse thing is, sometimes, it destroys the stable operation at bass and mid region, if it occurs someone extinguish the fire, he will be a hero.

hum...
biggrin.gif

A tonality alteration... not only !

A lot of codecs as MP3 are based on perceptual algorithms (this is why they sound not good with inaccurate headphones
wink_face.gif
)... like the mask effect, some frequencies can be masked by others.
Rise some frequencies can hide others and induce a loss of details ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_masking

May 20, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #3,754 of 15,989

hum...
biggrin.gif

A tonality alteration... not only !

A lot of codecs as MP3 are based on perceptual algorithms (this is why they sound not good with inaccurate headphones
wink_face.gif
)... like the mask effect, some frequencies can be masked by others.
Rise some frequencies can hide others and induce a loss of details ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_masking

The masking is very and very very improtant phenomenon to my opinion, todays sound industry mostly based on it(recordings, theatre effects(dolby digital i.e.), some concert effects and usage of compressor(as I know, not sure completely) etc.). Therefore, in that area, it also important.

Too much bass with long decay time, it will be mask other sounds at midrange and bass( comes after earlier bass kick).

to my 2 cents

May 20, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #3,756 of 15,989
Subbed

May 27, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #3,762 of 15,989
Yeah I know that, but I was wondering since most if not all hybrid CIEMs require venting to work correctly.

hybrids normally use like 8mm or 10mm dynamics right? Which needs about 5 times of space of the driver size. The 215 is only like 5mm if I'm not wrong. It seems not affecting sound that.
Maybe I should upload a FR comparison later.

May 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #3,765 of 15,989
hybrids normally use like 8mm or 10mm dynamics right? Which needs about 5 times of space of the driver size. The 215 is only like 5mm if I'm not wrong. It seems not affecting sound that.
Maybe I should upload a FR comparison later.

Dynamics drivers need to be depressurized before and after the membrane...
If the pressure is not equalized properly the membrane is not centered to her neutral position (on the excursion axis).
And the transducer don't work in his linearity excursion zone.

PS : Nice job, your shells are beautifull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back