Home-Made IEMs
Oct 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #2,221 of 15,989
  http://www.denbraven.fr/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=47&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

I would not recommend the use of any acetic cure silicon such as that for IEM construction, they are far from skin safe and rely on moisture in the air for curing and will therefor not fully cure if used in a thick enough application to make an IEM. 

Other people have attempted to use similar products in the past with less than desirable results.

Perhaps piotrus-g can comment on what type of silicone is appropriate for IEM construction? I believe that he uses silicone for his products.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #2,222 of 15,989

I would not recommend the use of any acetic cure silicon such as that for IEM construction, they are far from skin safe and rely on moisture in the air for curing and will therefor not fully cure if used in a thick enough application to make an IEM. 

Other people have attempted to use similar products in the past with less than desirable results.

Perhaps piotrus-g can comment on what type of silicone is appropriate for IEM construction? I believe that he uses silicone for his products.

http://fr.zhermack.com/Laboratoire/Silicones/Rebasages_souples/C700110.kl

Oct 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #2,224 of 15,989
You probably have to contact an audiologist...
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #2,228 of 15,989
I was planning to make my own CIEM and i know that there are no really dedicated tweeter.... but why is the TWFK sp popular for the treble ? I mean the RAB-32033 goes up to 11,8 kHz amd the TWFK(30017-000) only reaches 6,5 kHz. And also human hear up to 20kHz ( i know that you lose some of the ability to hear really up to the 20 kHz ), what is with the rest of the frequenzies O.o ? Are they not necessary for music ?
Sincerely Mr.Kommander :)

Oct 14, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #2,229 of 15,989
I was planning to make my own CIEM and i know that there are no really dedicated tweeter.... but why is the TWFK sp popular for the treble ? I mean the RAB-32033 goes up to 11,8 kHz amd the TWFK(30017-000) only reaches 6,5 kHz. And also human hear up to 20kHz ( i know that you lose some of the ability to hear really up to the 20 kHz ), what is with the rest of the frequenzies O.o ? Are they not necessary for music ?
Sincerely Mr.Kommander
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #2,230 of 15,989
Sincerely Mr.Kommander
smily_headphones1.gif

The RAB series drivers are a new product line from Knowles and so far, no one posting to this discussion has had any experience with them. If you decide to try them out, please let us know about your results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back