Home-Made IEMs
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #12,317 of 15,974
I want to laugh and cry at the same time. 🙆‍♂️. I went through it all. Stop using a toothpick to close holes when you do lack. The wood absorbs the lack very much and you can no longer take it out. Btw, reduce curring time after lack3 on 4 min. It wan't be that yellow like it is now!
I do not have lack 3 know, i am using cheap UV glue ( not fotoplast) to trial and use this glue to coat outside as lacquer, might be it poor quality and easy return to yellow

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #12,321 of 15,974
Hi all, I made a new one with universal type, I mixed facelate with color, diffucult to prevent bubble and color is not good dissolve, might be I use poor quality glue and too less, because I just use amount enough for faceplate. But It's look not too bad, : )

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #12,329 of 15,974
Sorry I forgot to write Alternatives to Soundlink .
I know Soundlink years now ! sells only big bottles Dreve fotoplast big bottle 130 Euro + 30 Euro shipping = 160 Euro. Soundlink is expensive shop my opinion.
Dreve is German Company and I live in Germany. If was for big bottles then I could buy directly from dreve or Soundlink and go broke for one costume shell. 😅

The mcear shop sells also small bottles from Dreve and Pro3dure but I don't know if they ship international for those who want to buy small bottles. Something similar to these shops ?

Maybe other companies or other cheap products for small Orders.? Or any other online shops ?
Personally, I take Lake 3 from mcear.

it’s perfect the small quantities it’s ample and yet I lacquer some pairs :wink:

With 10ml you can paint tens of IEM and even more!

The UV products do not keep long, I mean by the that if they are too old, they thicken in short I would not buy a big bottle of lake 3, I prefer from time to time to take me small packaging at MCears

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #12,330 of 15,974
Hey guys! I'd like some guidance for a project, as I'm a complete noob in the CIEM matter. I know it should be easier to just get a GV-32830, but I don't think I could achieve the tonality I'm looking for. The things that I really care about are note weight, vocals and natural timbre (sub bass is nice too). Which armatures get to delicious mids, good (slightly elevated) bass and non-offendant treble? And how do I set up everything? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back