Home-Made IEMs
Dec 7, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #10,561 of 15,989
The seller said the same as CL 22955, only differed 2-4 ohms, but he did not know the response freq, so far I used cl, ed and twfk with cl damper from sponge earbuds placed at the end of Nozol CL sounds pretty good, but not a little in the bass section. And wanted to make more because that one had been stolen by a monkey after sunbathing after polishing
Makes sense. I know that there is also a CL out there without a center tap, but I forgot the model.

A monkey?[/QUOTE]
Yes, and was bitten by running away, maybe think of a lollipop

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #10,563 of 15,989
Gv and GK both have TWFK, if I am not mistaken. Try a custom crossover, with an L pad to match (and lower) the output of the Cl to the Hodvtec
The seller said the same as CL 22955, only differed 2-4 ohms, but he did not know the response freq, so far I used cl, ed and twfk with cl damper from sponge earbuds placed at the end of Nozol CL sounds pretty good, but not a little in the bass section. And wanted to make more because that one had been stolen by a monkey after sunbathing after polishing[/QUOTE]
Knowles has a bunch of unlisted drivers, although I cannot speak for them specifically, oftentimes it’s just a different impedance
I have a set of monitors with GK’s that I use quite often for music. But they lack a bit in the mid range even when EQ’d.
The GV has amazing highs and mids, but no where near the bass of the GK.
I guess I’ll just play around with it and see what happens. I’m essentially looking the turn the CI into a subwoofer for the GV. If anything, it’s something fun to tinker with since I have no other use for these drivers.
Gv and GK both have TWFK, if I am not mistaken. Try a custom crossover, with an L pad to match (and lower) the output of the Cl to the Hodvtec[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's a fake product, because the price is far different

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #10,564 of 15,989
The seller said the same as CL 22955, only differed 2-4 ohms, but he did not know the response freq, so far I used cl, ed and twfk with cl damper from sponge earbuds placed at the end of Nozol CL sounds pretty good, but not a little in the bass section. And wanted to make more because that one had been stolen by a monkey after sunbathing after polishing

Gv and GK both have TWFK, if I am not mistaken. Try a custom crossover, with an L pad to match (and lower) the output of the Cl to the Hodvtec[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's a fake product, because the price is far different[/QUOTE]
no, the CL is insanely cheap, on Taobao it can be as low as 5 bucks: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...T5hAn&id=541773306856&ns=1&abbucket=14#detail

Unless you consider bellsing, there are no "fake" drivers.... they are far too hard to produce. Knowles has HUNDREDS of drivers that are not officially listed. Same with sonion, but less so. And personally, I think their documentation is a little better.

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #10,566 of 15,989
Yes just assembling, imported materials
And I'm very thankful for making this threads, very helpful without bullying
yes, it is a great recourse. Shipping must be frustrating though

It is funny though, I go on other thread and see people get mad at frequent members to here (the ones that have a clear engineering background/interest), especially drhuv, despite how nice (and informative) he is. Why? A lot of the members here - despite having an extreme interest in audio - know nothing about the science of it. When they realize they spent such a large amount of money on placebo, they get mad.

This thread is great though.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #10,567 of 15,989
Oh boy, This is a long one. Sit down, grab a caliper, and follow along.
its 220am.jpg
Anyways, I was looking around for people using the BK driver.... not many people have, and nobody wants to write about it. I am guessing that it is so cheap that so many people skip over it, and try the RAB....

Anyways, people were talking about the Campfire Andromeda mid being a BK.... I am not so sure anymore. I wanted to buy it, as I have a 31618 and a 30017 laying around, waiting to be used. And so I looked and looked for it....
andromedamid.jpg

Yes, it is rebranded, but literally every company has rebranded drivers now, with a no-match number, as well as a basic version of their logo.

First, lets eliminate BK. All of the BK drivers are around 7.87mm (not including spout) - HODVTEC is around 8. The driver sits atop the HODVTEC - and is considerably shorter than it. Not it. RAB? The length is right, though! But the RAB is too skinny! The driver here has considerable overhang south of the HODVTEC, but the top still sits above the seam at the center of the HODVTEC. And no, no RAB have the solder points rotated 90 degrees.
Its an ED. Look at the vent. It also has the same, perfect dimensions, on my two.
andro2.jpg
overlay1.jpg
That driver has been throught quite the ruts lol. Look at the dent

But our quest is not over. I think it is a Bellsing. As for time of the start of the company, its possible.
Why? The font.

I know, I know, its stupid. Stay with me. Also, I cant take full credit for it, some guy on a Japanese IEM forum pointed out the font.
The lettering on both Sonion and Knowles is very distinct (even when MFG's rebrand) - they do 2 things for knowles - black engraving (rare, old, likely done by IEM mfg.) or now, the Knowles font and their logo. Both will have a non related number printed. Below is clearly a Cl, with a number much more likely to be used by Sonion. I feel like this is so they dont have to worry about new drivers being out of names.

uerebrand2.jpg

Look at the font of the bellsing 22955 compared to the Knowles HODVTEC. Afterwards, look again at font on the andromeda.... suspicious...
crusty.jpg

you CANT tell me you dont see the difference. The height of the letters, and how the Bellsing are much deeper.
Knowles-speaker-CI-22955.jpg

Attachments

• uerebrand2.jpg
    uerebrand2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
  • overlay1.jpg
    overlay1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1723 accupass.PNG
    1723 accupass.PNG
    116.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #10,568 of 15,989

Anyways, I was looking around for people using the BK driver.... not many people have, and nobody wants to write about it. I am guessing that it is so cheap that so many people skip over it, and try the RAB....

Anyways, people were talking about the Campfire Andromeda mid being a BK.... I am not so sure anymore. I wanted to buy it, as I have a 31618 and a 30017 laying around, waiting to be used. And so I looked and looked for it....

Yes, it is rebranded, but literally every company has rebranded drivers now, with a no-match number, as well as a basic version of their logo.

First, lets eliminate BK. All of the BK drivers are around 7.87mm (not including spout) - HODVTEC is around 8. The driver sits atop the HODVTEC - and is considerably shorter than it. Not it. RAB? The length is right, though! But the RAB is too skinny! The driver here has considerable overhang south of the HODVTEC, but the top still sits above the seam at the center of the HODVTEC. And no, no RAB have the solder points rotated 90 degrees.
Its an ED. Look at the vent. It also has the same, perfect dimensions, on my two.

But our quest is not over. I think it is a Bellsing. As for time of the start of the company, its possible.
Why? The font.

I know, I know, its stupid. Stay with me. Also, I cant take full credit for it, some guy on a Japanese IEM forum pointed out the font.
The lettering on both Sonion and Knowles is very distinct (even when MFG's rebrand) - they do 2 things for knowles - black engraving (rare, old, likely done by IEM mfg.) or now, the Knowles font and their logo. Both will have a non related number printed. Below is clearly a Cl, with a number much more likely to be used by Sonion. I feel like this is so they dont have to worry about new drivers being out of names.

Look at the font of the bellsing 22955 compared to the Knowles HODVTEC. Afterwards, look again at font on the andromeda.... suspicious...

you CANT tell me you dont see the difference. The height of the letters, and how the Bellsing are much deeper.
for knowles bk, rab and belsing are hard to get at asian online stores, guess what you open andromeda using a driver, is there a match in size with knowles or sonion

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #10,569 of 15,989
Why? The font.

]
There was a lawsuit by knowles which revealed that cfa used bellsing drivers in their iems. Some people speculated that it was solaris due to the unit variance issues, i.e some units used bellsing drivers while others used knowles ones.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #10,571 of 15,989
There was a lawsuit by knowles which revealed that cfa used bellsing drivers in their iems. Some people speculated that it was solaris due to the unit variance issues, i.e some units used bellsing drivers while others used knowles ones.
I think I heard of this....It could just be solely Bellsing in their products, and their pooer(er) quality control led to belief of both.

It could be the Andromeda too though.

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #10,574 of 15,989

Why? The font.

Hmmm
Interesting stuff

Its a custom HODVTEC
A bellsing custom
And not sure its TWFK or SWFK

But instead of taking apart Andromeda...let's make a diy Andromeda slayer.

5 driver is the limit.

Anybody in

Dec 8, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #10,575 of 15,989
Its a SWFK. Everyone always thinks it is TWFK, and it drives me nuts. I explain that later.

ED or Bellsing ED for mids

Hodvtec is still the same, maybe different impedance but same output

FK aspect of a TWFK (woofer) has a vent. SWFK does not. Look at the glue in this photo. There’s no way there is a vent, especially with the quality control aspect of hot glue. The back of the SWFK is completely underwater.
20CD1049-AD13-422C-BC2C-90D9634E6F44.jpeg

But I am absolutely down for the challenge. The resonator will be hard. I don’t think it uses any dampers, but as we don’t know for sure, those are still fair game. Zobel circuit of course can be used.

I haven’t heard the andro, but I know they are fairly nuetral, hard to drive and a sparkly treble.
It will be hard to replicate without hearing them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back