Home-Made IEMs
Feb 2, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #7,293 of 16,011
Can anyone recommend a set of IEMs from aliexpress to open up and use to house a set of GVs? I've seen mention of folks using a set of KZ ZSTs for this? I've contemplated in the past using a set of shure 535 shells for Aliexpress, but I don't like the limitation of using a single damper in the nozzle and the sealing seems to be very finicky.

I've seen folks using an existing set of IEM, like the ZSTs, to house the the BAs. The nozzle on those shells seem large enough that you can do use separate tubes and dampers etc...

Would the ZSTs be a good starting point, or can someone recommend another set that would be a better base for a set of GVs?

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #7,294 of 16,011
Can anyone recommend a set of IEMs from aliexpress to open up and use to house a set of GVs? I've seen mention of folks using a set of KZ ZSTs for this? I've contemplated in the past using a set of shure 535 shells for Aliexpress, but I don't like the limitation of using a single damper in the nozzle and the sealing seems to be very finicky.

I've seen folks using an existing set of IEM, like the ZSTs, to house the the BAs. The nozzle on those shells seem large enough that you can do use separate tubes and dampers etc...

Would the ZSTs be a good starting point, or can someone recommend another set that would be a better base for a set of GVs?

Thanks!
i am used **** ues shells
for GVs drivers

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #7,296 of 16,011
Awesome! Easy to open them up? And the GVs fit nicely? Are you happy with how it turned out?
yeas easy

photo_2017-06-25_18-29-43 (1).jpg photo_2017-06-25_18-29-52 (1).jpg photo_2017-06-25_19-06-11 (1).jpg

now GV in this ciems )
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/home-made-iems.430688/page-484#post-13959762

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #7,301 of 16,011

Thanks!

I got the ZST but I'd rather go with ZS3 for better ergonomic fit (and it's cheaper and there's not that much glue to remove inside).

hmm, ventholes with BA ?

I think he meant this:
fJDqL2r-RkiPSj4yNbF6-A.png

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #7,302 of 16,011
Thats right aratj. And theres even two more covered with tape. Which to remove? I think i first read about removing this black rubber things, and later ami read someone removed the ones covered with tape?

Feb 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #7,305 of 16,011
Hey guys, could you please tell me what dampers you use with good result for GV’s?
I used green and brown. Green on HODVTEC and Brown on TWFK. Without dampers at all, the hi’s were way too loud for my taste. Many people use Red on HODVTEC and Green on TWFK but to me, this cut my SPL too much and the Green/Brown brought it back to a level I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back