Home Alone
Dec 8, 2001 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm actually in my house alone. No wife or kids. I tried something different. I listened to my home system. I didn't watch the Disney channel in surround sound. I fired up some jazz Cd's and let the B&W's sing. I don't care how good my Max and 600's sound. Ain't nothin like those big boxes.

lextek
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2001 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 8
It's nice when those rare occasions present themselves isn't it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy listening!

Dec 8, 2001 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 8
I have those moments all the time. Just pop in the Ety's, crank up the amp, close the eyes, and bada-bing, home alone! Which reminds me -- I still owe my brother for the Ety's.
eek.gif

Dec 8, 2001 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 8
I love my headphone rig. It makes sense. But, when I played Joe Sample "Hippies on the Corner" on the big boxes. Well I felt it. Don't get me wrong I would not give my headphone system up, unless I was all alone. And that would be sad. Right?

evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2001 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
I have those moments all the time. Just pop in the Ety's, crank up the amp, close the eyes, and bada-bing, home alone! Which reminds me -- I still owe my brother for the Ety's.
eek.gif

Yeah, ya sure do, brother. Pay up. $$
tongue.gif
$$

Dec 9, 2001 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 8
God, i cant remember the last time i fired up my rack system...maybe during last summer? JEEZ!

George
frown.gif

Dec 9, 2001 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
God, i cant remember the last time i fired up my rack system...maybe during last summer? JEEZ!

George
frown.gif

The good thing about this is: When you listen to your system every day you get used to the sound, dissatisfaction creeps in, and we become easy prey to the upgraditis spread by message boards and magazines. If you use your system for the first time in months you are enveloped by the magic, you get to re-live the initial excitement, you remember why you so carefully assembled it in the first place. I wish that bliss could last.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back