Holy @#$%!! That's spicy!
Jun 5, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
The wasabi and hot spices would help with all the insects that I would most definitely be eating.
icon10.gif

no, no, just wasabi and spices alone.
icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
the only thing you could taste was extreme heat, like eating spoonful of molten metal. I had lost my sense of taste for nearly two days after eating that chili. The insides of my mouth felt raw and irritated that any liquid or food, hot or cold that I had put into my mouth stung like a bitch.

Wow, I love it when posts actually make me laugh out loud..
580smile.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #65 of 66
I'd heard somewhere that chili peppers where high in vitamin C...but I can't imagine they're all that good for the digestive tract over the long haul & when taken in large quantities. I still love 'em though!
icon10.gif

Peace,

Graz

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
It's kinda interesting to see that people who often eat spicy food are generally located in countries that have very hot weather in the summer, ironically the hotter the weather the more they enjoy spicy food.

According to the New York Times: THOUGH much is suspected, relatively little is known about the health effects of peppery foods. In general, hot, spicy foods are stimulants. They stimulate the circulation and raise body temperature.If you are living in a hot climate, the increase in body temperature can make you feel cooler by diminishing the difference between you and the surrounding air and by inducing sweating, which cools the body when the perspiration evaporates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back