Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Jul 22, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #2,371 of 4,063
The manual for the Spring 3 is now available. I downloaded it from the Kitsune site. The stand-by state and what is kept at the ready for optimization is still open for interpretation. I am reading it as powered-off, but ready to enter into configuration mode if needed buy pressing menu and power together. I think that's the portion that remains partially powered. Check Page 5 of the manual for entering Configuration Mode.
1626976900468.png

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #2,372 of 4,063
Whew! Made it to the office, unpacked my Spring and PS Audio P3, ended up deciding to move a bunch office furniture around to better accommodate my audio system which opened a whole new can of worms..... 4 hours later after moving a bunch stuff... wired it all up and success! The units powered up and survived the shipping experience. Downloaded the owner's manual and driver. Went to my YouTube right/left speaker channel and polarity/phase test video.... all good. Music is flowing. I'm tired.

A few quickly snapped pics, because, why not?

Holo-5.jpg

Holo-4A.jpg
Holo-2A.jpg
Holo-1A.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #2,373 of 4,063
Whew! Made it to the office, unpacked my Spring and PS Audio P3, ended up deciding to move a bunch office furniture around to better accommodate my audio system which opened a whole new can of worms..... hours later wired it all up and success! The units powered up and survived the shipping experience. Downloaded the owner's manual and driver. Went to my YouTube right/left speaker channel and polarity/phase test video.... all good. Music is flowing. I'm tired.

A few quickly snapped pics, because, why not?

Holo-5.jpg

Holo-4A.jpgHolo-2A.jpgHolo-1A.jpg
Beautiful pics, what's the audio stand model you have there? Thanks!

Jul 22, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #2,374 of 4,063
Beautiful pics, what's the audio stand model you have there? Thanks!
Thanks, the stand is just the cheap and cheerful Pangea Vulcan, bought at the last minute when I realized my existing cabinet spaces were already too full.

Jul 22, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #2,376 of 4,063
Ah, that stinks. I bought mine on Amazon as I needed it quickly. I must say I am super impressed with how well the stand was packed and the quality, given the low price.

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #2,377 of 4,063
The Spring 3 is beginning to settle in. Tonal density has improved significantly, and is evening out. It never sounded "bad" but it is now really starting to show itself - very impressive. Bass authority, impact and quantity are the standouts today as most improved. Bass quality was always there but I was getting nervous as it felt a bit lean for my tastes - with tonight's listening session though, it appears that is no longer a concern. We're going to be OK :grinning:

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #2,378 of 4,063
The Spring 3 is beginning to settle in. Tonal density has improved significantly, and is evening out. It never sounded "bad" but it is now really starting to show itself - very impressive. Bass authority, impact and quantity are the standouts today as most improved. Bass quality was always there but I was getting nervous as it felt a bit lean for my tastes - with tonight's listening session though, it appears that is no longer a concern. We're going to be OK :grinning:
How many hours of active time is it in now? 6 listening plus over night burning in?

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #2,380 of 4,063
id like to see a MAY vs Spring 3 showdown.
Spring isn't jm the same league from what I've heard from a person who has both

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #2,382 of 4,063
But how much is the difference? Is it worth going the extra money for the May?

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #2,383 of 4,063
But how much is the difference? Is it worth going the extra money for the May?
If you got it, it's significantly better. The spring is like a chord hugo level

The May is like Dave plus m scaler.

Its not subtle.

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,384 of 4,063
How many hours of active time is it in now? 6 listening plus over night burning in?
I’m @ 38 hours of powered on music playback / break in.

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #2,385 of 4,063
Du
I have Denafrips Venus II now and I just have preordered Spring 3 KTE. Will post findings and comparison of the two DACs here. But we all have to wait for the first batch of Spring 3 units.
Any follow up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back