Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Jul 10, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,322 of 4,063
Does anyone employ the I2S connection with a KTE Holo? I would be interested in your listening impressions.
I do not need the Singxer as I have a PinkFaun streamer with an I2S bridge.
Thanks very much!

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,323 of 4,063

4 weeks until it ships is what I was told from Kitsune Audio, for a level 3, and that would have been right on if not for a problem with some wire....the delay was basically 1 week.
Mine should be here tomorrow and i am pretty pumped to get it hooked up and burning in.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #1,324 of 4,063
What's been the typical turnaround time (order to delivery) for recent buyers?

My 7-10 day delivery estimate from another vendor is entering it's 3rd month with no ability to get an ETA. If Holo Spring has been reliable with their estimates, I'll likely cancel my current order and purchase a KTE.

tim is a great guy and does his absolute best to exceed timeline expectations. i would take whatever he says as the truth (and accurate).

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #1,325 of 4,063
tim is a great guy and does his absolute best to exceed timeline expectations. i would take whatever he says as the truth (and accurate).

I would definitely agree with this.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,327 of 4,063
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,328 of 4,063
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,329 of 4,063
Does anyone employ the I2S connection with a KTE Holo? I would be interested in your listening impressions.
Thanks very much!

Last week Torq lent me his SU-1 and a short HDMI cable and the improvement was quite noticeable in comparison to the USB connection. YMMV with the PinkFaun.

Read the Spring SAC manual carefully as there are several "standards" for i2s over an HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #1,332 of 4,063
I thought mine would be waiting for me when i came home from vacation this past friday.

I e-mailed Tim and he said that 6 dac's were suppose to ship out July 1st.
One of those dac's showed some leakage in the transformer, Tim said my dac did not, but that he would not ship any of these out until new silver wire was gotten from the supplier and all 6 of the transformers were redone.

I commended him for the pro active approach. More companies should practice this approach, even though it must be hard to not ship something that test ok.

Tim also, said he would send me a $250 power cord and another gift for the delay in shipping.

This morning he e-mailed and said mine has shipped...I am thinking I should have it tomorrow.

Thanks for everything Tim!

I am debating whether to use RCA anolog interconnects or to go for digital coax interconnects.....what is everybody using with this dac.....not sure if there is much benefit using digital coax or not.

Any opinions are welcome....thanks.

Sounds just like Tim! A true professional! Congrats...you should be mightily impressed (I certainly am).

Jul 10, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,333 of 4,063
Thanks very much!

I find the USB on the L3 KTE Spring DAC very good; but that said, the KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> KTE Holo Spring DAC really goes to a whole new level and I highly recommend it!

Jul 10, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,334 of 4,063
What's been the typical turnaround time (order to delivery) for recent buyers?

My 7-10 day delivery estimate from another vendor is entering it's 3rd month with no ability to get an ETA. If Holo Spring has been reliable with their estimates, I'll likely cancel my current order and purchase a KTE.
7-10 days and you still haven't received it going on 3 months! I would definitely get my money back and deal with Tim at Holo USA…this way you'll know you'll definitely receive your DAC. Th lead time is usually less than 1 month for the KTE. :beerchug:

Jul 10, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #1,335 of 4,063
I find the USB on the L3 KTE Spring DAC very good; but that said, the KTE SU-1 --> I2S --> KTE Holo Spring DAC really goes to a whole new level and I highly recommend it!
Even the standard SU-1 helps, but one of these days I might get around to replacing it with the KTE upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back