Holo Audio Red Streamer
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 1,834
from HK distributor's instagram:

Holo Red Streamer + DDC news!
in test app "Red" it support those app and program at the moment. the most common like Roon Bridge, Tidal, Spotify, airplay are on the list!

1668724600389.png

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 1,834
again from the HK distributor IG at
https://www.instagram.com/wildismaudiohk/
I see it as a direct competitor to ultrarendu and even more directly (becaus of the internal LPS) of the Manu Ultra among others, the Mano is more expensive (the Red price indicative in HKD hints at US$650-900). Shipping indicative in late January, this puts me off a little bit, bit still quite interested

1668793011800.png

Holo Red Streamer + DDC, the Streamer core uses the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 as the main axis of the computing brain. Not a generic Pi4.

The difference from the finished Pi 4 is. The finished Pi4 is developed for the convenience of users. All accessories have been finished. All configurations around the core have been set. For example a USB line. power lines etc. There is no way to change the setting. So the sound performance of the Pi4 kit is not high.

Chinei is a set of Pi Compute Module 4, which is a set of core module. That is, only the brain. The hands and feet of the surrounding lines are carried separately. You can cut off everything that has nothing to do with the sound. Make a good line that is good for the sound. Equipped with LPS linear power supply line. There is also an excellent DDC configuration. In addition, configure the Holo own program. Streamer + DDC 5~6k price. Can do Roon Bridge, Spotify, Tidal, etc. Streaming. High cost performance. Born for convenience + acoustics.

Jeff Da, the manager of Holo Audio:

The Raspberry Pi mainly has good software support, and there are various free software for it. The hardware of the Raspberry Pi is really not very good, so we use the core module of the Raspberry Pi, so that the peripheral circuits and power supply can be provided by high-quality circuits. Complete, and at the same time compatible with various Raspberry Pi software.
We're not using an entire Raspberry Pi! Just use its core!

Early bird order today. The delivery period is around the Lunar New Year.
If you are interested, please contact me to check the price as soon as possible.

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 1,834
Any specs known yet like sample rate limits but as it's a Holo product I guess it will support full range of bit rates up to the max of upsampled PCM to be forwarded to Spring / May working as HQPlayer NAA for example?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #9 of 1,834
I agree with you, they should support 1.5mhz PC and 1024 dsd for a logical pairing to their DACs. Im not shure there is a Pi4 "brain" limiting factor at play here. I think I saw 512 DSD somewhere for i2s, which is about as much as Ive seen for any device on i2s out, but have yet to confirm for USB. Officially, not even the sonores are listed 1.5 / 1024x, but that's how I use them with my spring 3..

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #10 of 1,834
I agree with you, they should support 1.5mhz PC and 1024 dsd for a logical pairing to their DACs. Im not shure there is a Pi4 "brain" limiting factor at play here. I think I saw 512 DSD somewhere for i2s, which is about as much as Ive seen for any device on i2s out, but have yet to confirm for USB. Officially, not even the sonores are listed 1.5 / 1024x, but that's how I use them with my spring 3..
Agreed
Now needing to plug my Spring 3 either directly into my HQPLAYER server or running some Mini Atom PC as NAA.
Ifi Zen Stream is limited to 368khz as NAA and I think their latest successor to 768khz, so would be great to have no limits here.

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #12 of 1,834
Gonna have a full set of measurements later, but so far, RED has the lowest jitter of any DDC/Streamer I've tested. First thing to beat the Wavedream NET
Well done Jeff

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #14 of 1,834
Gonna have a full set of measurements later, but so far, RED has the lowest jitter of any DDC/Streamer I've tested. First thing to beat the Wavedream NET
Well done Jeff

This is what I was waiting for. It looks like I’ll be waiting this to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back