Holo Audio Red Streamer
Feb 28, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #661 of 1,903
Last I heard from Theo Stack in email is Link II is out of production due to parts sourcing. That was in Dec.
I also received an email from him to that effect.

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #662 of 1,903
Anyone is waiting on their red to be delivered from Kitsune? I had one on order exactly one month ago and its been radio silent so far.

Guess we are heading towards 6+ weeks lead time.

Mar 2, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #664 of 1,903
Anyone is waiting on their red to be delivered from Kitsune? I had one on order exactly one month ago and its been radio silent so far.

Ordered exactly 1 month ago, too.
The website said 4-6 weeks at the time of ordering, so let's check back in 2 weeks.

Mar 2, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #665 of 1,903
Ordered exactly 1 month ago, too.
The website said 4-6 weeks at the time of ordering, so let's check back in 2 weeks.
Ordered on November 30
Shipped on January 18 ( received email from DHL )
Received on January 20
You still have time to order your SR Purple fuse.

Mar 7, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #668 of 1,903

Have just got message from Wildism, they have burned my RED for 200 hours. Tomorrow it will be shipped. Probably Kitsune will have them as well.

Mar 9, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #669 of 1,903
What are all of the ways I can play offline, locally stored music files with Red, used as a "streamer", not DDC?

Where can I see explanations for how to do this, using a PC, or Red's native software/player? If Red even has such a native player. Is there a video tutorial covering the operation?

"Streamers" are new and strange to me. My music collection is offline, and I don't use or want to use online streaming services, only an offline network player to play to my DAC.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #670 of 1,903
What are all of the ways I can play offline, locally stored music files with Red, used as a "streamer", not DDC?

Where can I see explanations for how to do this, using a PC, or Red's native software/player? If Red even has such a native player. Is there a video tutorial covering the operation?

"Streamers" are new and strange to me. My music collection is offline, and I don't use or want to use online streaming services, only an offline network player to play to my DAC.

1. Install Roon and make Roon Core on your PC.
2. Download Roon app on phone for remote control. Make sure ur wifi is on.
3. Have Roon find files and add to library
4. Connect Red to your ethernet line and to your DAC.
5. Find Red on your network Red local, and update its software . Make sure Roon options are checked.
6. Use Roon help guide to find ur Dac. Enable and set device volume.
7. Enjoy.
8. Why limit yourself to offline WHEN qobuz integrates with Roon seamlessly to stream it all.

Mar 9, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #671 of 1,903
8. Why limit yourself to offline WHEN qobuz integrates with Roon seamlessly to stream it all.
I don't use, or care to use streaming or streaming services. I just want to play the files I have on my hard drive, off of the Red. Seems there isn't a simple way :/

Do I need a different kind of device/player to do this in a simpler way, where I can just load files onto an internal drive and hit play..? Mercury Streamer?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #672 of 1,903
I don't use, or care to use streaming or streaming services. I just want to play the files I have on my hard drive, off of the Red. Seems there isn't a simple way :/

Do I need a different kind of device/player to do this in a simpler way, where I can just load files onto an internal drive and hit play..? Mercury Streamer?
You can simply use a UPnP music player app to make it. Mconnect for example.

1. Enable upnp in Red
2. Download the music player app in your mobile phone

That is

Mar 9, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #673 of 1,903

Roon is as pretty simple as it gets.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #674 of 1,903
Thanks. The DDC output should be phenomenal, anyway, if I can't get a setup I like working in stream mode. Super excited to hear this thing... Seems like a no-brainer device, if ever there was one(unless you're getting a Holo May/SKTE, with the integrated DDC).

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #675 of 1,903
I first setup the Red as a DDC with a USB cable from my PC to the Red.
Then i2S to the Holo Dac.

Then just disconnected the USB cable from PC and rebooted the Red. Type B (Red end)
Then it was in Streamer Mode and still outputted to my Dac with i2S.
I had the network cable plugged in the whole time.
Then I could connect a external usb Drive (Samsung t7 I had here) to the USB port (Type A I think) and it was seen in MoOde.
Could then select it and browse the files and play them.

So only ever used i2S output from the Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back