Holo Audio Red Streamer
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #139 of 1,924
Shame it doesn't have an SFP cage.

Dec 3, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #142 of 1,924
You can't say that.
A year ago I ordered things from the US and only paid VAT in my country.
The price in the US was sometimes cheaper with VAT from my country than the European product itself.

The Cayin Ha 3A is a very good example, it costs 2200€ in Germany, 1600€ in the neighbouring countries like France and 1600$ in the USA.

I understand that the Holo Streamer costs 800$ and seems to be the basic price and in Europe it costs 1000€.
I just think that we in Europe are just being screwed even if import duties are added it can't be such a price difference in my opinion.
I also see that if you order from Shia Europe you pay a lot more than if I order directly from Shia in the US.

On the Chinese market, you have to be careful not to pay a lot of money for shipping costs.
For example, I asked for 2-3 items like the Holo Cyan or Lin Lai tubes and they seriously wanted 400-200€ shipping costs for them, without import fees.
If it had been with an import fee, I would have understood that somewhere.

With a difference of 20-30$/€ compared to the Eu price, I personally don't make a difference and buy the Eu product.
But as soon as it's 100$/€ and more, I think about it.
And ask the Us dealer if he can also deliver the Eu product, meanwhile you can buy devices where you can change the AC voltage by switch.

Since Corona we generally pay more, but since the Ukraine story the market has become very opaque in terms of prices, I have the feeling, especially in Europe.
I also believe that the US market is not as affected by the Ukraine war as in Europe.
I don't think it has to do with world order, but more with what's going on at the moment.

I would buy the streamer in the US if Tim can deliver a Eu version and it would be cheaper than Magnahifi.

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #143 of 1,924
You can't say that.
A year ago I ordered things from the US and only paid VAT in my country.
The price in the US was sometimes cheaper with VAT from my country than the European product itself.

The Cayin Ha 3A is a very good example, it costs 2200€ in Germany, 1600€ in the neighbouring countries like France and 1600$ in the USA.

I understand that the Holo Streamer costs 800$ and seems to be the basic price and in Europe it costs 1000€.
I just think that we in Europe are just being screwed even if import duties are added it can't be such a price difference in my opinion.
I also see that if you order from Shia Europe you pay a lot more than if I order directly from Shia in the US.

On the Chinese market, you have to be careful not to pay a lot of money for shipping costs.
For example, I asked for 2-3 items like the Holo Cyan or Lin Lai tubes and they seriously wanted 400-200€ shipping costs for them, without import fees.
If it had been with an import fee, I would have understood that somewhere.

With a difference of 20-30$/€ compared to the Eu price, I personally don't make a difference and buy the Eu product.
But as soon as it's 100$/€ and more, I think about it.
And ask the Us dealer if he can also deliver the Eu product, meanwhile you can buy devices where you can change the AC voltage by switch.

Since Corona we generally pay more, but since the Ukraine story the market has become very opaque in terms of prices, I have the feeling, especially in Europe.
I also believe that the US market is not as affected by the Ukraine war as in Europe.
I don't think it has to do with world order, but more with what's going on at the moment.

I would buy the streamer in the US if Tim can deliver a Eu version and it would be cheaper than Magnahifi.

TBH at £1000 level you really should be looking at the new Mano Ultra MKIII over Holo Red. For a start, Mano has a vastly superior and separate Farad supply and then you can choose from 4 different OS to run just changing the card. No-one has listened to both, but I'd be amazed if Holo was better.

And you can order Mano from Magna.

Dec 3, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #145 of 1,924
TBH at £1000 level you really should be looking at the new Mano Ultra MKIII over Holo Red. For a start, Mano has a vastly superior and separate Farad supply and then you can choose from 4 different OS to run just changing the card. No-one has listened to both, but I'd be amazed if Holo was better.

And you can order Mano from Magna.
Hmm, just checked the description and at first glance it is read nicely but on further inspection
- I cannot find HQPlayer NAA support
- it seems to be cut in terms of max Bitrate

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #148 of 1,924
Again, it's really bitter that it costs less in the US market than in the EU market.
This is the case for an enormous number of products mostly due to VAT. But be aware US prices don't include taxes. Whereas EU prices include VAT etc

Dec 4, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #149 of 1,924
Hmm, just checked the description and at first glance it is read nicely but on further inspection
- I cannot find HQPlayer NAA support
- it seems to be cut in terms of max Bitrate
You can run HQP NAA
Not sure if the stock OS image does it, need to try that. But RopieeeXL is working fine atm

Additionally, 1.536mhz works fine via USB out. It's just I2S that can only do 768khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back