Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #767 of 777
Ok, that's it, I'm officially broke now - in the past month I've bought HD800S, Violectric V222, annual subs for roon and Qobuz and now I've gone and paid for a Cyan II on pre-order. Now I just have to learn the art of patience and wait for some stock that hasn't already been sold to arrive.

How long is the supplied USB lead and is it of usable quality?

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #768 of 777
Me having way overstretched my budget already in the last 2 months is what keeps me from trying/ordering the Cyan2 😅

I’m still waiting on my US5 to finally arrive and am also trying to settle on a new power (filter/conditioner) solution. THEN I’ll try the AC and CC, then I’ll need to take a hard look and decide if I continue with a new DAC (that Laiv Harmony reads also very interesting) or another headphone… well…

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #769 of 777
I am so late to meet Qing 2! I only learned the news of its release belatedly. As of today, it has burned in for more than 120 hours, and it is approaching 200-300 hours (the time when the Holo manufacturer claims stable performance).

I was pleasantly surprised by Qing 2 when I first started playing it. I will share my personal listening experience after it becomes more mature.

The following are my posts in related forums in Taiwan; at the same time, my forum name is ericcatz at audiophilestyle.com

https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=348&t=5840425&p=95&all=1#89563245
IMG_2315.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #770 of 777
Hello all,
New to the community and wanted to reach out about the Cyan 2. My previous chain prior to leaving he hobby was an Ares II > Active switch > RCA Hagerman Audio Tube > XLR Monolith Liquid Platinum > ZMF VC Leopardwood >Audeze LCD2 Shedua.

I have been slowly rebuilding this chain. I had already been years into the hobby to find what at that time was my end game. Just to come back and land on a ZMF VC Ironwood and ZMF Pendant SE from headfiers.

I put in my order for the Cyan 2 on friday after a good month of reading all the posts and reviews (slight lack there in).

Does the Cyan 2 retain the Holo house sound that its older kind are know for? Does it have 3D holographic nature like some others as in the Denafrips line. The reviews placed it further back outside of the mix.

Main use at first will be normal bit perfect NOS from tidal until either a mac mini m4 releases this year as planned or eventually just building a new desktop.

Side Edit, Without too much side talk about the subject the consensus from what i have been reading is PCM to DSD 256 is the sweet spot. Modulators all depend on the rig and how good your GPU is if applicable.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #771 of 777
Seems like all major distributors are on backorder? Appeared to be the case on Kitsune and Magna - I decided to go ahead with an order through Wildism (who is also on backorder) before the wait stretches even longer as reviews and word-of-mouth continue. Hopefully in a few weeks but we will see how long it ends up taking.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #772 of 777
Seems like all major distributors are on backorder? Appeared to be the case on Kitsune and Magna - I decided to go ahead with an order through Wildism (who is also on backorder) before the wait stretches even longer as reviews and word-of-mouth continue. Hopefully in a few weeks but we will see how long it ends up taking.
Wow. That means Magna sold out the latest batch they received in less than a week.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #773 of 777
This was my expectation as well. It had been on my radar from the start of the year, Since we got the recent videos from NRD and Mr Chibs I forsee a wave of orders. I purchased from Kitsune. May our wait be less than 7 weeks.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #774 of 777
Ok, that's it, I'm officially broke now - in the past month I've bought HD800S, Violectric V222, annual subs for roon and Qobuz and now I've gone and paid for a Cyan II on pre-order. Now I just have to learn the art of patience and wait for some stock that hasn't already been sold to arrive.

How long is the supplied USB lead and is it of usable quality?
time to get good power conditioner, digital transport, Audiophile switches for ethernet, LPS to power the Roon Core. :L3000:

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #775 of 777
Apr 28, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #777 of 777
Add me to the list of buyers. This looks THE dac to own in the value/price-to-performance category for 2024.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back