Holo Audio Bliss
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #3,121 of 3,264
Bliss typically takes a good half hour to really get warm to the touch, gets even warmer by the time it's been an hour, too. Whether or not the sound quality changes between 5 minutes, 30 minutes to an hour in, that's debatable but some reviewers would have you believe it does. I haven't lived with it long enough yet to say for certain. It definitely sounds great even a few minutes in though, I know that much.

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #3,122 of 3,264
Warm up or break-in?
Warm up is needed every time but break-in is once done then good to go.

Bliss has warm up but not like tube amp or R2R DAC. 30 mins should be more then enough.
Break in time

Jan 11, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #3,123 of 3,264
I would put any holo audio stuff running for 300hours to consider break in.
and warm up time for me 30min is bare min, 1hours is optimum. So if you change anything in the system, is good to warm up 1hour before any critical listening.

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #3,125 of 3,264
My Purple Fuse just arrived. But I am struggling which direction I need to put it in (EU Version).
According to the link below the Red Fuse points upwards but my RED Fuse did pointed downwards.

https://magnahifi.com/help/how-can-i-replace-the-fuse-in-my-holo-audio-product/

Any suggestions?
Pic Jos from magna-hifi sent me recently

1705061604113.png

Curious what you think about the sound change, considering getting the fuse soon too.

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #3,127 of 3,264
Anyone that stacks their Bliss with a Spring 3 care to recommend some quality pucks that really let these units breathe? Bonus points if they match the Holo Audio aesthetic.

I'm quite interested in this combo, but limited on space. Stacking would be my only option, unfortunately.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #3,128 of 3,264
Anyone that stacks their Bliss with a Spring 3 care to recommend some quality pucks that really let these units breathe? Bonus points if they match the Holo Audio aesthetic.

I'm quite interested in this combo, but limited on space. Stacking would be my only option, unfortunately.
Have a custom oak rack made; put them on separate shelves.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #3,129 of 3,264
Suggest a 3 inch space between them. I recall holo audio manual did say something like this. Direct stack is sure a nono. I use a really tall footer to ensure they have ample space between them for heat dissipation.

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #3,131 of 3,264
Thank you. From the first moment Bliss (still) sounds great. I will let it break in some time. Will let you know if there will be changes.

Hey, thought I ask, how you feel about the purchase now a week or so later? Was it a significant perceivable change of the soundsignature to you? Or more something of "hmm I think I might hear a difference" ? ^^

Jan 19, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #3,132 of 3,264
My experience with the very initial burnin was pretty dramatic. My chain is MAC - Wavelight - Bliss - Susvara. The Bliss was pretty much unlistenable out of the box. After a 24 burnin the SQ really improved - the harshness gone and the detail emerging.
I found both the Bliss and the dac benefit from a warmup period. Since I haven’t been A/B-ing the warm up periods, it’s unclear how much time each component requires. But I find that an hour certainly improves the sound quality significantly. I might also have experienced some improvement from reaching a 200hr initial burnin period for the Bliss - the dac was already burned in. My next step is adding galvanic isolation to the usb input which should lower the noise floor and let the Bliss shine even more. Anyway, 2 cents from new to Bliss owner and a happy customer.

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #3,133 of 3,264
My experience with the very initial burnin was pretty dramatic. My chain is MAC - Wavelight - Bliss - Susvara. The Bliss was pretty much unlistenable out of the box. After a 24 burnin the SQ really improved - the harshness gone and the detail emerging.
I found both the Bliss and the dac benefit from a warmup period. Since I haven’t been A/B-ing the warm up periods, it’s unclear how much time each component requires. But I find that an hour certainly improves the sound quality significantly. I might also have experienced some improvement from reaching a 200hr initial burnin period for the Bliss - the dac was already burned in. My next step is adding galvanic isolation to the usb input which should lower the noise floor and let the Bliss shine even more. Anyway, 2 cents from new to Bliss owner and a happy customer.

My perception about SS amps has always been switch on and use. I've seen a few Bliss owners now post that some warm up seems helpful; I find that interesting.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #3,134 of 3,264

My perception about SS amps has always been switch on and use. I've seen a few Bliss owners now post that some warm up seems helpful; I find that interesting.
at least to my ears, the original burnin made a huge difference. Since I turn on the dac and amp together, it’s hard to be certain what’s going on but my perception is an improvement in SQ. In land of dreams, you could a/b a warmed up rig against one that isn’t. Audio memory is tricky beast.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #3,135 of 3,264
IME, burn in is very important, with SS amps too. Not so much if at all with EQ, but things like ambience, soundstage, imagery, and reverb trails; sometimes the sound seems a bit closed in (to me) on new devices. To me it seems to improve over a period of time-sometimes months. Some headphones, like the 4 ZMF's that I own, took a bit longer because of the biocellulose drivers, which are a much tougher material than other driver materials like mylar. I really think driver material is made more pliable/malleable the more you listen to them. Concerning "warming up", it's also common practice in the music business to leave the sound system on for 24 hours prior to the event, at least for the 40 years I've been at it. Sometimes the systems are years old, but they still insist on "warming" them up before an event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back