Holo Audio Bliss
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #3,106 of 3,264
Imo purple is easily better than the holo/aucharm red fuse. it wasn't subtle. Likewise the SR Master improves on the purple. Every system is different, as are everyone's listening preferences.
Well said.

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #3,107 of 3,264
How would you describe purple fuse upgrade sonically to stock? And which purple fuse to purchase for Bliss?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #3,111 of 3,264
Got an offer for 4A 5x20mm, I am in EU, not sure if thats the right one to get hm

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #3,112 of 3,264
Agreed, after using a purple fuse in an Oor for a while, going to a Bliss threw me for a loop, like the sound was too rolled off or smoothed over, unrevealing... and putting in a purple fuse immediately changed that back to more detail/clarity/depth for me.
How long have you had your Bliss? Because mine sounded rolled off when I first got it about a month ago and now things are opening up........also is it a KTE Bliss?

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #3,113 of 3,264
Jan 10, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #3,114 of 3,264
How long have you had your Bliss? Because mine sounded rolled off when I first got it about a month ago and now things are opening up........also is it a KTE Bliss?
Second hand already burnt in KTE. I came at it with fresh ears no bias & red fuse was fine but smoothed over and purple fuse was detailed like a veil was lifted and sounded better for my musical preference.

Jan 10, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #3,115 of 3,264
Agreed, after using a purple fuse in an Oor for a while, going to a Bliss threw me for a loop, like the sound was too rolled off or smoothed over, unrevealing... and putting in a purple fuse immediately changed that back to more detail/clarity/depth for me.
Hi, is a Bliss KTE even a worthwhile, meaning substantial upgrade over OOR? same fuse if that's a thing... but I mean is it "worth" the hassle given selling/loosing money on OOR? kinda theoretical question but still I'm contemplating a "better" SS amp over OOR and can't really convince myself of a serious contender which easily bests OOR (not talking mass kobo 465 obviousley)

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #3,116 of 3,264
Hi, is a Bliss KTE even a worthwhile, meaning substantial upgrade over OOR? same fuse if that's a thing... but I mean is it "worth" the hassle given selling/loosing money on OOR? kinda theoretical question but still I'm contemplating a "better" SS amp over OOR and can't really convince myself of a serious contender which easily bests OOR (not talking mass kobo 465 obviousley)
I have both. I would say Bliss is a small upgrade; wider soundstage, more resolving of small detail, and with a warmer more euphonic sound. If I had had Bliss first I would not have bought OOR+HYPSOS, but it’s sometimes handy to have 2 amps.

Bliss also needs warm up time, whereas OOR sounds it’s best straight away. It depends how much you care really; it’s definitely an improvement, but not life changing.

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #3,117 of 3,264
I have both. I would say Bliss is a small upgrade; wider soundstage, more resolving of small detail, and with a warmer more euphonic sound. If I had had Bliss first I would not have bought OOR+HYPSOS, but it’s sometimes handy to have 2 amps.

Bliss also needs warm up time, whereas OOR sounds it’s best straight away. It depends how much you care really; it’s definitely an improvement, but not life changing.

I'd definitely agree with Bliss needing "break in" time. I needed a couple of months with my Holo Audio Spring and it turned into the best DAC I've ever owned. Absolutely killed my Yggy. That's why with this Holo product I decided to give it some time, because it was pretty shaky out the box. I had two Feliks tube amps and a Wells Milo that were destroying it the first two weeks. Now it's sounding pretty awesome and I think with another month I'll have a pretty spectacular amp. I saw a lot of Blisses in the classified and I knew it was because the amp sounded pretty "blah" for at least the first 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #3,118 of 3,264
I'd definitely agree with Bliss needing warm up time. I needed a couple of months with my Holo Audio Spring and it turned into the best DAC I've ever owned. Absolutely killed my Yggy. That's why with this Holo product I decided to give it some time, because it was pretty shaky out the box. I had two Feliks tube amps and a Wells Milo that were destroying it the first two weeks. Now it's sounding pretty awesome and I think with another month I'll have a pretty spectacular amp. I saw a lot of Blisses in the classified and I knew it was because the amp sounded pretty "blah" for at least the first 3 weeks.
Warm up or break-in?
Warm up is needed every time but break-in is once done then good to go.

Bliss has warm up but not like tube amp or R2R DAC. 30 mins should be more then enough.

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #3,119 of 3,264
Warm up or break-in?
Warm up is needed every time but break-in is once done then good to go.

Bliss has warm up but not like tube amp or R2R DAC. 30 mins should be more then enough.
30 minutes is MORE than enough for any tube amp. I can't imagine any solid state should require more than 5 minutes "warm up"?

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #3,120 of 3,264
30 minutes is MORE than enough for any tube amp. I can't imagine any solid state should require more than 5 minutes "warm up"?
Not sure about Bliss as I switch it off at night and switch it on in morning or so but have heard new Schiit MJ3 does have 30 mins or so warm up time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back