Holo Audio Bliss
Nov 27, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #3,001 of 3,249
Has anyone directly compared Schiit's Mjolnir 3 vs Bliss? I know it's not exactly apples to apples, but I'm in the market for a class A solid state amp and trying to decide if it's worth the extra $ to go with Bliss (to match my May) over the new design from Schiit. It's all very subjective, of course, but I would welcome any impressions from direct comparisons.
I would go with the Bliss, as it's in another league compared to the MJ3. I heard them both back to back, and was surprised how much better and capable the Bliss was. I don't do SS, but if I did the Bliss is the one I would buy.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #3,002 of 3,249
Has anyone directly compared Schiit's Mjolnir 3 vs Bliss? I know it's not exactly apples to apples, but I'm in the market for a class A solid state amp and trying to decide if it's worth the extra $ to go with Bliss (to match my May) over the new design from Schiit. It's all very subjective, of course, but I would welcome any impressions from direct comparisons.

@newToAudio100 did a comparison here

If you track down comments by audio legend AtomicBob, you'll see he's gone with a Mjolnir 3 to accompany his Holo May.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #3,003 of 3,249
I’ve also read some pretty thorough comparisons between the Bliss and MJ3, and I gather they are competitive. It really seems to come down to the preferences of the listener as well as the DAC and headphones being used.

I think the fact that the MJ3 is in the conversation with a $3K+ amp is already a win for Schiit and all of us as well!

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #3,004 of 3,249
I’ve also read some pretty thorough comparisons between the Bliss and MJ3, and I gather they are competitive. It really seems to come down to the preferences of the listener as well as the DAC and headphones being used.

I think the fact that the MJ3 is in the conversation with a $3K+ amp is already a win for Schiit and all of us as well!

Maybe they drive some headphones equally well, but they're not in the same conversation if you look at their specs.

MJ3: 2W into 32 ohms
Bliss: 12W into 32 ohms

That's quite a difference.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #3,005 of 3,249
Nov 28, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #3,006 of 3,249
Dont want to downplay others people opinions, but from my experience there always a lot of hype on initial release and plenty of hope especially, when it comes down to comparing cheaper new gear with more expensive older one. Other thing is the usual honeymoon period - new gear sounds fresh and interesting and we are excited to exeprience new sound. I suggest to wait and see how such a/b reviews look in a month or two.
For me its the slightly soft analog almost tubey character of bliss along side with still excellent detail retrieval and pitch black depth, is what sets the amp apart of competetion in the first place, not sure a shiit amp can give me the same expirience.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #3,007 of 3,249
Maybe they drive some headphones equally well, but they're not in the same conversation if you look at their specs.

MJ3: 2W into 32 ohms
Bliss: 12W into 32 ohms

That's quite a difference.
Yeah, MJ3 and Bliss aren't even in the same discussion for me because of this.
The Bliss is also a bit more future proof having an additional XLR output for use as a preamp.
And this. I use my Bliss as a pre for my monoblocks.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #3,009 of 3,249
Thanks all, some very good insights here.

The Bliss is also a bit more future proof having an additional XLR output for use as a preamp.
Excellent point. Enleum is also on my "maybe" list because it would be similarly useful in a future 2-channel situation. It's just so hard to gauge the slight sonic differences between solid state amps even when price isn't necessarily a consideration.

For me its the slightly soft analog almost tubey character of bliss along side with still excellent detail retrieval and pitch black depth, is what sets the amp apart of competetion in the first place, not sure a shiit amp can give me the same expirience.
Also true. Thing is I already have a top tier tube amp, not sure how important that "almost tubey" quality is to me in a solid state alternative. I know from experience that I really like the Schiit sound, but on the other hand I'm also something of a Holo fanboy. I think what I'm really looking for is something similarly holographic as a tube amp, but more incisive and precise, particularly for electronic music.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #3,010 of 3,249
I think you should post the same question in MJ3 thread as well to get perspective from them. :smile_phones:

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #3,011 of 3,249
Also true. Thing is I already have a top tier tube amp, not sure how important that "almost tubey" quality is to me in a solid state alternative. I know from experience that I really like the Schiit sound, but on the other hand I'm also something of a Holo fanboy. I think what I'm really looking for is something similarly holographic as a tube amp, but more incisive and precise, particularly for electronic music.
If you are into tube sound you still defintily going to want a dedicated tube amp. With "almost tubey" I mean the analog smoothness and slight(!) warmth. Bliss is still very much a solid state with great precision, detail retrieval and pitch black background there is no tube bloat / holography.

Nov 29, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #3,012 of 3,249
Thanks all, some very good insights here.

Excellent point. Enleum is also on my "maybe" list because it would be similarly useful in a future 2-channel situation. It's just so hard to gauge the slight sonic differences between solid state amps even when price isn't necessarily a consideration.

The Bliss is not really "Tubey" or "Soft" in my opinion, and just sounds very organic and natural with killer dynamics and huge holographic staging. It's got weight and punch that is so addictive, and with the Caldera it's a hell of a ride. There are no hard edges, but it's definitely not "soft" like many have said. The Bliss is just a killer amp, and can hang with any of the TOTL amps and would be a great compliment to a TOTL tube amp.
If you are into tube sound you still defintily going to want a dedicated tube amp. With "almost tubey" I mean the analog smoothness and slight(!) warmth. Bliss is still very much a solid state with great precision, detail retrieval and pitch black background there is no tube bloat / holography.
It's got note weight and serious punch as well. The Bliss is a rocker no doubt.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #3,013 of 3,249
The Bliss is not really "Tubey" or "Soft" in my opinion, and just sounds very organic and natural with killer dynamics and huge holographic staging. It's got weight and punch that is so addictive, and with the Caldera it's a hell of a ride. There are no hard edges, but it's definitely not "soft" like many have said. The Bliss is just a killer amp, and can hang with any of the TOTL amps and would be a great compliment to a TOTL tube amp.

It's got note weight and serious punch as well. The Bliss is a rocker no doubt.
Totally agree with my buddy Wes! :smile:
I will add that the Bliss is very musical (i.e. not cold / sterile / analytical). Some confuse that with being "Tubey".

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #3,014 of 3,249
Totally agree with my buddy Wes! :smile:
I will add that the Bliss is very musical (i.e. not cold / sterile / analytical). Some confuse that with being "Tubey".
Well said my friend! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back