Holo Audio Bliss
Sep 7, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #2,780 of 3,333
Life happens so unfortunately I have to let a few things go.

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #2,781 of 3,333
Hello eveyone, I am new here.
Welcome to HeadFi! Sorry about your wallet.
I just make an order of Bliss three days ago and may I ask if anyone try the bliss drive he1000se?
Based on how it has driven Susvara and Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC, you won't be disapointed. However! I noticed your source being FIIO M17/PC. That will be your bottleneck going forward (with Bliss differences between DACs become very obvious).

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #2,782 of 3,333
What do you think about the fact that on Roon, with volume levelling, the Bliss just doesn’t have enough headroom for Susvara?

I find it quite weird: with no volume normalisation, psychologically it’s not great to feel like you’re “running out of steam” (which you’re not given how the gain works on the Bliss, but you feel you’re nearing it), but when volume levelling kicks in, you’re Oriette much done if you’re listening at normal/high volume…

Sep 9, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #2,783 of 3,333
that doesnt sound right...I use my CFA3 with roon volume leveling and have no problem at all in fact because it elevates the volume of recordings that are quiet it actually gives me less reason to need to increase volume...without leveling I need to push the volume a fair bit higher

Sep 10, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #2,784 of 3,333
Had a lot of high end experiences this year, from auditioning some high end speaker systems to building one, getting HA300MK2, rolling in Elrogs, Psvane Western Electric replica ... the works pretty much. For most of those duties Bliss works wonders as a pre, but I still plug 1266 TC to it, set it to Hi-Z (or Lo Z if I want brutal detail punishment 😂) and magic happens.

TL;DR Bliss is still THE pairing for TC for me, and if I would sell it one day I would have to sell the TC at the same time.

Another finding, maybe a bit less relevant for this thread, is that Utopia is also amazing. Probably the most complete headphone I've heard.

Sep 10, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #2,785 of 3,333
Hello eveyone, I am new here.
I just make an order of Bliss three days ago and may I ask if anyone try the bliss drive he1000se?
The Bliss has more than enough juice for the HE1000se, for orchestral music, the stage and details should be very well presented. Bass will be great. As for some other music eg. voice/ violin, you might find the treble slightly sharp. Could use some very slight EQ.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #2,786 of 3,333
The Bliss has more than enough juice for the HE1000se, for orchestral music, the stage and details should be very well presented. Bass will be great. As for some other music eg. voice/ violin, you might find the treble slightly sharp. Could use some very slight EQ.
What dac do you have? I don't have a hint of sharpness.

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #2,787 of 3,333
I'm thinking of getting a Bliss soon as my solid state and selling my Oor + Hypsos. Going to try and listen to one at CanJam SoCal this month, but I'm curious if anyone who's heard both amps have any thoughts on how the Bliss does vs. Oor for my headphones (they're listed in my signature). I'm liking the Oor, but really only enjoy it immensely with my Audeze headphones. It's not as an all-around great pairing for all my headphones like my Woo WA-23 is. I'm looking for the same type of great synergy with all my headphones but in a solid state. Thanks in advance!

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #2,788 of 3,333
What dac do you have? I don't have a hint of sharpness.
Gustard X26 Pro with Gustard U18
It's better when using the Holo Spring 3 KTE. BTW, the X26 also gets softer (less ringing) when using gentle mode (versus vivid / composite filter)

The Bliss is supposedly tuned for the Susvara and I do note a slightly less "forwardness" of the treble comparing the Susvara vs the HEKse.

However, I have to add I use solid core silver interconnects, so the HEKse in this case is not the best of the best match with my Bliss. YMMV of course.

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #2,789 of 3,333
It's better when using the Holo Spring 3 KTE. BTW, the X26 also gets softer (less ringing) when using gentle mode (versus vivid / composite filter)

The Bliss is supposedly tuned for the Susvara and I do note a slightly less "forwardness" of the treble comparing the Susvara vs the HEKse.

However, I have to add I use solid core silver interconnects, so the HEKse in this case is not the best of the best match with my Bliss. YMMV of course.
Yeah I would say X26 is the sharpness factor in your stack. I had one for testing for a month, really good dac for the money but treble even in gentle is pretty intense.

Sep 10, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #2,790 of 3,333

I had Oor and Bliss, use search in both threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back