Holo Audio Bliss
Jul 30, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #2,701 of 3,309
What size M1 fuse did you order 2.5A or 3.15A ? THX
Please note the fuse requirements based on the power line in your country:

220-230V 50/60Hz – Use Fuse Type 2A SB 5x20mm (when internal switches are set@220v)

110-115V 50/60Hz – Use Fuse Type 4A SB 5x20mm (when internal switches are set@110v)

Jul 30, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #2,702 of 3,309
Please note the fuse requirements based on the power line in your country:

220-230V 50/60Hz – Use Fuse Type 2A SB 5x20mm (when internal switches are set@220v)

110-115V 50/60Hz – Use Fuse Type 4A SB 5x20mm (when internal switches are set@110v)
Thank you :beer:

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #2,703 of 3,309
Remote control question: (cross posted to the May thread)
Are the remote controls coming with May and Bliss the same? or are they using different IR codes, to make sure each remote only controls 1 device?

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #2,704 of 3,309
Are the remote controls coming with May and Bliss the same? or are they using different IR codes, to make sure each remote only controls 1 device?
They are using different IR codes. They also have different names. Bliss is RMT-2 and the Spring 3 is RMT-1. I assume the May is using the same remote as the Spring 3.

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #2,705 of 3,309

Magna Hi-Fi got unified remotes that will work with both May/Spring and Bliss. By default the remote will only work with the unit it came with I believe.

Jul 31, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #2,706 of 3,309
Magna Hi-Fi got unified remotes that will work with both May/Spring and Bliss.
Link, please?
Searching through the website, all I could find is replacement remote for the May (which is identical to the stock remote)...

Aug 2, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #2,707 of 3,309
Aug 2, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #2,708 of 3,309
Another review... what's your opinion on his opinion?

https://soundnews.net/reviews/ampli...the-holo-audio-bliss-kte-headphone-amplifier/

must be hard to get excited about another amp when owning the primavera

Thanks for sharing. I'm getting excited about a lot of amps (if they are sounding great). Primavera takes a short break in the summer - too much heat. Several headphone amp tests will be undergone shortly :)
Yeah, strongly disagree with him. My Bliss KTE drives my Susvara with MUCH more authority and slam then my single AHB2 did. The AHB2 had a tighter grip on bass but it was thinner sounding. More anemic sounding. The Bliss definitely has more weight and body on my Susvara.
Hey there, you disagree with my statement when comparing the Bliss to the AHB2 only and that's fine. I agree with your statement, Bliss indeed sounds better and drives the Susvara better than a single AHB2. My opinion, however, takes into consideration all headphone amplifiers that passed through my hands (tens of them). A few were doing a better job with the Susvara, albeit they were considerably more expensive. I mentioned at least two times that the Bliss worked great with the Susvara, just not the absolute best in terms of headroom & dynamics. The absolute best and great are two different things, my friend.

Let me remind you that Topping A90D scored 92 SanduCoins. The build quality is the most serious complaint that lowered the overall score.:sweat_smile:
Oh those audiophiles!
It seemed to me that women are a different world, it is sometimes difficult to understand them. But no! Audiophiles are definitely a different universe. They have two goods that are completely different in quality, they can differ by 2 points out of 100 possible. The devil will break his leg, understanding all this.
I looked again at both units and at their scores and I agree 110% with them, I won't change a thing. If you take only the final score into consideration (which by the way counts a lot of things, not only the sound performance) then you are doing it wrong, buddy. I'm doing in-depth reviews for a reason.

Sorry but I don't buy soundnews.net scores because Flux Volot has 93 points and it has nothing to do with Holo Bliss with 94 points.
Holo Bliss is 2 levels above Volot. A nice BLISS review but .... but the score is not the best.
Do you realize that from 6 categories out of 7, Bliss scored higher and only on a single category (power output), Volot scored higher...rrright? :)

I feel lots of positive vibes around here, so I'll probably stop and go listen to some jazz.

Aug 2, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #2,709 of 3,309
Thanks for sharing. I'm getting excited about a lot of amps (if they are sounding great). Primavera takes a short break in the summer - too much heat. Several headphone amp tests will be undergone shortly :)

Hey there, you disagree with my statement when comparing the Bliss to the AHB2 only and that's fine. I agree with your statement, Bliss indeed sounds better and drives the Susvara better than a single AHB2. My opinion, however, takes into consideration all headphone amplifiers that passed through my hands (tens of them). A few were doing a better job with the Susvara, albeit they were considerably more expensive. I mentioned at least two times that the Bliss worked great with the Susvara, just not the absolute best in terms of headroom & dynamics. The absolute best and great are two different things, my friend.

I looked again at both units and at their scores and I agree 110% with them, I won't change a thing. If you take only the final score into consideration (which by the way counts a lot of things, not only the sound performance) then you are doing it wrong, buddy. I'm doing in-depth reviews for a reason.

Do you realize that from 6 categories out of 7, Bliss scored higher and only on a single category (power output), Volot scored higher...rrright? :)

I feel lots of positive vibes around here, so I'll probably stop and go listen to some jazz.
Never let the negativity get to you. Your review was fine. I have the bliss and was just fine with your review. It's my end game amp for me. I do want to try tubes one day, but it's going to take a hell of a tube amp which will likely cost a lot of money.

I had the Soloist GT before the bliss. Even with upgraded op amps I felt the bliss was just a good chunk better. I hope whoever got you the Bliss will give you a chance to review the May soon since someone got salty over you comparing it to the Wavelight. I sold the May a while ago because I just don't like 44/48 nos anymore after using it with HQ Player and I use my DAC for everything so I needed a good dac with well done native upsampling. Definitely jumping on May 2 in the following years if the upsampling gets upgraded.

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #2,710 of 3,309
Never let the negativity get to you. Your review was fine. I have the bliss and was just fine with your review. It's my end game amp for me. I do want to try tubes one day, but it's going to take a hell of a tube amp which will likely cost a lot of money.

I had the Soloist GT before the bliss. Even with upgraded op amps I felt the bliss was just a good chunk better. I hope whoever got you the Bliss will give you a chance to review the May soon since someone got salty over you comparing it to the Wavelight. I sold the May a while ago because I just don't like 44/48 nos anymore after using it with HQ Player and I use my DAC for everything so I needed a good dac with well done native upsampling. Definitely jumping on May 2 in the following years if the upsampling gets upgraded.
Coming from Dave + Mscaler => May KTE + Bliss, I now prefer the camp where I can appreciate a pure DAC with no processing in the same box. Have the upsampling done separately, seated far away from the audio chain is what I prefer nowadays.

Server (in another room, HPQ, ROON, DLNA etc) -> RPI4 (end point, Gentooplayer) -> May + Bliss really shines, notes are clear, pitch black background, dynamic, lovely vocal, holographic, 3D precise positioning, high mid low texture, slam. Next will try diretta protocol.

never thought I could be happier moving to Holo Audio.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #2,711 of 3,309
I agree with the notion that amplifiers, as a rule, don't need to possess their own unique sound, though most of them do. I also concur with the idea of testing them across a variety of music genres. However, I can't agree with the rest. It's unnecessary to spend a year reviewing and cross-examining if you know your system well enough. After all, we are not preparing a PhD dissertation. Trust me, I know.

When testing a product, you already have the collective experience of all the other amplifiers you have tested within your system up to that point. This background allows you to write a thorough review and express your opinion of the amplifier without the need to compare it directly with multiple other amplifiers. This is the value of experience. As an analogy, consider asking a professional (in any field) with 20 years of experience to reference every past comparison to justify their latest decision.

Nonetheless, I believe that separate comparison articles or reviews, such as shootouts among several amplifiers, are useful, but these can be distinct from the main review. Furthermore, if you ask for a comparison with a specific amplifier, you might even get an answer.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #2,712 of 3,309
They're close, but I do think Bliss takes the cake.

The main thing is that the Bliss is the most holographic sounding solid state amp I've tried. The spatial presentation is honestly nuts and this synergises really well with Susvara's ability to place things convincingly within the soundstage.

AHB2 was quite good at this (on med gain, on low gain it honestly was outright worse at a lot of things weirdly), but Bliss is definitely the winner
Is the bliss really "better" than the AHB2? I didn't find the bliss to have as much of a jump in dynamic range with my headphones as I expected. The bliss is definitely more holographic than other solid state amps I've tried but to my ears it also had slightly rounded treble.

I have never taken measurements but the treble seemed to roll off or be slightly rounded on the bliss similar to a tube amp. Would the AHB2 have more dynamic range and not have the rounded treble I get from the bliss?

I am thinking of trying the AHB2.

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #2,713 of 3,309
I sold most of my headphones and even the bliss. I've been going through some gear to try and find a perfect setup for myself. Right now I have the susvara, abyss ab 1266 phi tc, and hd6xx for headphones. I had the bliss and sold it. Now I'm thinking of trying the ahb2.

I might have made a mistake selling the bliss but to my ears it didn't seem like a huge jump in dynamic range with most of my headphones. I had the hd800s, lcdx and mjolnir 2 which I also sold before I sold the bliss. Currently I'm just using an hdva600 and looking at buying an AHB2. The bliss to me definitely sounded different than the hdva600 solid state but I didn't get that shocking difference everyone else seemed to get.

The bliss had much higher resolution than the mjolnir 2. It beat the mjolnir 2 hands down in that department and still took the edge off the treble while maintaining detail. However I don't find the susvara to be fatiguing with treble and I don't need the rounded edge. To me the bliss was only ~1% more dynamic than the hdva600 at normal listening volumes. The bliss had 1% more bass and 1% less treble than the hdva600 while also imparting what sounded like a longer decay. The hdva600 had more time between notes which could give the impression of more detail on certain tracks, while the tonality and decay of the bliss could impart the holographic sound.

Do you think the AHB2 would have more dynamic range and detail than the bliss?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #2,714 of 3,309
I suppose it is entirely subjective on which is better. To me the bliss offered solid state detail with tube characteristics. Definitely a charming amp capable of driving all the headphones out there. Some people like super clean solid states with great separation, others like tubes. The bliss managed to sit inbetween sonically but lean closer to solid state sound and detail.

The only tube amps I've tried have been mjolnir 2, DNA Starlett, and DNA Stratus.

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #2,715 of 3,309
I suppose it is entirely subjective on which is better. To me the bliss offered solid state detail with tube characteristics. Definitely a charming amp capable of driving all the headphones out there. Some people like super clean solid states with great separation, others like tubes. The bliss managed to sit inbetween sonically but lean closer to solid state sound and detail.

The only tube amps I've tried have been mjolnir 2, DNA Starlett, and DNA Stratus.
I drove my Susvara with an AHB2 and while it was ridiculously transparent, it simply didn't have enough meat on the bones. It lacked body and weight and I kept turning up the volume trying to get some oomph. My Bliss, in comparison, has the weight and body even at low levels.

Of course, there may be headphone amplifiers and loudspeaker amplifiers that could give someone more of what they want than the Bliss can deliver, I'm just giving my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back