Holo Audio Bliss
Jul 17, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #2,641 of 3,333
It is worth the wait, mines about 40h of music in now and yesterday the stage went deep and wide and the bass was incredible, vocals sat in the air with dimension to them. It was a perfect afternoons listening for me.
I can't wait to experience that!

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #2,642 of 3,333
It is worth the wait, mines about 40h of music in now and yesterday the stage went deep and wide and the bass was incredible, vocals sat in the air with dimension to them. It was a perfect afternoons listening for me.
Interested in your opinion regarding the comparison of Bliss and Niimbus in the speed of transients. Which amp do you think is faster? Which amp has the best articulation and relief/texture?

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #2,643 of 3,333
Question re: placement of Bliss in a rack...
I have a rack with metal shelves. Width is such that would leave less than 1cm / 0.5" on either side of Bliss.
Would that be an issue? or is the top getting hot? I will have enough vertical space above the Bliss, so if heat dissipation is through the top of Bliss - I am good! Only concern is if heat dissipation is through the sides.

Jul 17, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #2,644 of 3,333
Question re: placement of Bliss in a rack...
I have a rack with metal shelves. Width is such that would leave less than 1cm / 0.5" on either side of Bliss.
Would that be an issue? or is the top getting hot? I will have enough vertical space above the Bliss, so if heat dissipation is through the top of Bliss - I am good! Only concern is if heat dissipation is through the sides.
I don't think that would be an issue. The Bliss only gets real hot on the bottom towards the left side. As long as you have decent ventilation on the bottom, you should be okay. If you want to feel better about it, contact Bliss.

Jul 17, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #2,645 of 3,333
is the top getting hot? I will have enough vertical space above the Bliss...
The Bliss only gets real hot on the bottom towards the left side. As long as you have decent ventilation on the bottom, you should be okay.
Yes, the bottom left is where it gets hot. More than butter-melting hot but doesn't cook eggs when the ambient temperature is above 75 degrees Fahrenheit. I installed a Noctua NF-A12x15 FLX with the ULN (ultra low noise) adapter included to create a very gentle air flow across the bottom of the Bliss. Quietest fan I know of (10 dB noise only)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #2,646 of 3,333
I don't think that would be an issue. The Bliss only gets real hot on the bottom towards the left side. As long as you have decent ventilation on the bottom, you should be okay. If you want to feel better about it, contact Bliss.

Yes, the bottom left is where it gets hot. More than butter-melting hot but doesn't cook eggs when the ambient temperature is above 75 degrees Fahrenheit. I installed a Noctua NF-A12x15 FLX with the ULN (ultra low noise) adapter included to create a very gentle air flow across the bottom of the Bliss. Quietest fan I know of (10 dB noise only)
Maybe add some feet underneath, to create extra gap between Bliss and the shelf?
Anyone done that?

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #2,647 of 3,333
Maybe add some feet underneath, to create extra gap between Bliss and the shelf?
Anyone done that?
Yes, experimented with several kinds of feet.

Best sound for my setup is with solid aluminum alloy feet with a thin layer of rubber/ silicon on both sides, which provides anti-skid and a firm bass, placed beneath the original feet of the Bliss. Stainless steel blocks deadens the sound too much, rubber sounds harsh and walnut wood sounds bass-light and the opposite of dense. YMMV.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #2,648 of 3,333

Best sound for my setup is with solid aluminum alloy feet with a thin layer of rubber/ silicon on both sides, which provides anti-skid and a firm bass, placed beneath the original feet of the Bliss. Stainless steel blocks deadens the sound too much, rubber sounds harsh and walnut wood sounds bass-light and the opposite of dense. YMMV.
Excuse me but how on earth can feet alter the sound of your amplifier, seriously?

Jul 18, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #2,650 of 3,333
I only use footers underneath my equipment because I think it looks cool.
IMG_20230710_144357023_HDR.jpg

Jul 18, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #2,651 of 3,333
And the proverbial can of worms has officially been opened.
Wait until we get on to the conversation of Fuses and then a clean Mains supply! 🤣

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #2,652 of 3,333

Link, please?

Excuse me but how on earth can feet alter the sound of your amplifier, seriously?
My ONLY goal is to help (if help needed at all) with thermal dissipation. I am not looking for feet to "improve sound".
If that happens - I will not complain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And the proverbial can of worms has officially been opened.
I hope not.
Guys, PLEASE no argument over whether or not feet change sound.

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #2,653 of 3,333
I only use footers underneath my equipment because I think it looks cool.IMG_20230710_144357023_HDR.jpg
Are these IsoAcoustics Orea feet?
I see you placed them NOT under the Bliss feet. Was it for better stability? Too high with "stacked feet"?

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #2,654 of 3,333
Are these IsoAcoustics Orea feet?
I see you placed them NOT under the Bliss feet. Was it for better stability? Too high with "stacked feet"?
Yes, IsoAcoustics.
I placed them under the chassis for better stability. The bottom of the Holo feet are little spheres. I figured the flat rubber-like material of the IsoAcoustics would be a better grip to the flat bottom of the chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back