Holo Audio Bliss
Jul 6, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #2,551 of 3,333
Does anyone else have a hdva600 or hdvd800 they can test the susvara with and compare it to the bliss? I have noticed the hdva600 seems to have a darker background and be more clear sounding than the bliss. The bliss seems to have more resonance and longer decay. For me it is very apparent, I've been using the hdva600 for a few weeks before getting the blisss.

Overall I almost get the impression of the bliss being tube like compared to the hdva600. It even seems to me the hdva600 has more detail while the bliss seems to fill in the spaces a bit more and offer more of a tube like sound. Just curious if anyone else has the hdva600 and bliss. I also notice it if I use the hd6xx with either amp.

I had the HDVD800 but I did not have them side to side to compare with bliss never tried a Susvara on it. Just from memory.
I agree on the part where Bliss sounded more euphonic, somewhat slower with some resonance, but I don't think the HDVD800/600 has a darker background nor more details.
The "details" might be more easily noticable on HDVD800 due to its faster sounding nature.

The Bliss is among the top performers in detail retrieval in solid state amps, just that the details are smoothed-out/blended in into the music, the Bliss does not present the details on your face but they are there.

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #2,552 of 3,333
I had the HDVD800 but I did not have them side to side to compare with bliss never tried a Susvara on it. Just from memory.
I agree on the part where Bliss sounded more euphonic, somewhat slower with some resonance, but I don't think the HDVD800/600 has a darker background nor more details.
The "details" might be more easily noticable on HDVD800 due to its faster sounding nature.

The Bliss is among the top performers in detail retrieval in solid state amps, just that the details are smoothed-out/blended in into the music, the Bliss does not present the details on your face but they are there.
The bliss is dead silent for the background when nothing is playing. What I am experiencing is more so the interim between notes. I think it is the euphonic nature of the bliss (for a solid state) and what I perceive as longer decay.

It is almost as if there was a mild grain texture that was flattened and smoothed over with the bliss's liquid nature, yet present when the bliss is playing. I hear each note with detail. It's not that the bliss is less detailed, it just has more of a raw sound where the hdva600 removes that layer which results in more clean and refined sound. The bliss sounds more like a live show while the hdva600 sounds crystal clear.

It will require further testing as I haven't been able to put the time behind the bliss I have wanted to due to constrained listening time.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #2,553 of 3,333
I got the same numbers with Yggy and Bliss with Susvara. I have May with Serene with Bliss now so -25 is what -20 used to be when no pre was used (Yggy is now with Ferrum stack. The main reason being for aesthetics and ergonomic purposes. :). And being able to have May do dual duty with Bliss and 2CH system )
How would you describe the effect of Serene between May and Bliss? I read earlier that you liked it between May and Ferrum stack. I've lately used Freya+ in active SS buffer mode and like it a lot. I've started wondering what other SS preamps with different topologies would do.

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #2,554 of 3,333

New toy came in today. Took the Bakoon AMP-13R off the rack and put this in its place.... now time to compare... :D

Congrats @antdroid for your new toy. Just in case you are not aware of this (from Bliss user guide):

1688720544976.png

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #2,555 of 3,333
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #2,556 of 3,333
I'm a bit of a holo fan and currently contemplating upgrading my Spring3 KTE to May so I want to believe, but it's still pretty early in the game for the Bliss.

Not going to call anyone out specifically but only just a short while ago one of the folks who I respect and enjoy reading their contributions in this very thread was gushing over the Oor/Hypsos the same as they are now currently gushing over the Bliss. So yes, I want the Bliss to be all its said to be but, time will tell. It will be interesting to see what current Bliss owners are talking about a year or even 6mos. from now.
Did you compare spring kte to May. Im planning to get a new dac for my Bliss. But May L2 is much higher than Spring Kte. Does it worth?

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #2,557 of 3,333
Did you compare spring kte to May. Im planning to get a new dac for my Bliss. But May L2 is much higher than Spring Kte. Does it worth?
Its wider, slightly smoother, bit more analog sounding, with slightly higher detail retrieval depending on the recording. Difficult to say if it’s "worth", it might be worth for some, but the returns are very diminishing, Spring 3 is a superb dac.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #2,558 of 3,333
Its wider, slightly smoother, bit more analogue sounding, with slightly higher detail retrieval depending on the recording. Difficult to say if its "worth", it might be worth for some, but the returns are very diminishing, Spring 3 is a superb dac.
Thanks bro. I talked to Jeff before actually, he said if you got enough budget, just go May. But for me, spending $2000 more to make the sound from 9.2 to 9.4 is "not worth". Its all about budget.

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #2,559 of 3,333
Thanks bro. I talked to Jeff before actually, he said if you got enough budget, just go May. But for me, spending $2000 more to make the sound from 9.2 to 9.4 is "not worth". Its all about budget.
Thats basically the point. For 2k you can get another high end headphone secondhand, especially nowdays after the covid craze. Something like that will offer you much more fresh experience than what you will get out of may vs spring.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #2,560 of 3,333
Thats basically the point. For 2k you can get another high end headphone secondhand, especially nowdays after the covid craze. Something like that will offer you much more fresh experience than what you will get out of may vs spring.
True, I read many threads about how to max out the sus. Many people mentioned the sound card and the power supply. Im wondering maybe this chain could drive Sus better comparing to May?

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #2,561 of 3,333
True, I read many threads about how to max out the sus. Many people mentioned the sound card and the power supply. Im wondering maybe this chain could drive Sus better comparing to May?
Bliss is a good amp for Sus that comes at somewhat reasonable price. The question is if you really want Sus, while it has great detail, stage and beautiful eternal presentation, there many other great headhpones outthere that are imho more musical, analogue sounding, with more bass and heft to the notes. And are far easier to drive. I wouldnt build my rig around something that is considered "the best" when on budget, but rather invest in finding out what you personally like.
But maybe its just my Susvara bias speaking here haha, if you like it spring+bliss would be a great chain for it.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #2,562 of 3,333
Bliss is a good amp for Sus that comes at somewhat reasonable price. The question is if you really want Sus, while it has great detail, stage and beautiful eternal presentation, there many other great headhpones outthere that are imho more musical, analogue sounding, with more bass and heft to the notes. And are far easier to drive. I wouldnt build my rig around something that is considered "the best" when on budget, but rather invest in finding out what you personally like.
But maybe its just my Susvara bias speaking here haha, if you like it spring+bliss would be a great chain for it.
Make sense, hope this chain works good when paring with utopia as well, lol.

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #2,563 of 3,333
May I ask which headphones you feel are more musical, analog sounding with more basin heft to the notes than the Susvara?

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #2,564 of 3,333
May I ask which headphones you feel are more musical, analog sounding with more basin heft to the notes than the Susvara?
ZMF Caldera is imho the biggest competitor. It’s still has a good stage and good (not as good) detail retrieval and layering, but is far more analogue sounding and has a very well defined mid bass and punch. But there are plenty other high end headphones, that offer very different (for some people more exciting) tuning and far more punch and bass than Susvara. Most of the flagship ZMF offering, Meze Elite, D8000/ pro and of course Abyss.
Bravura is supposed to be more energetic and heftier too, but couldn’t audition it yet.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #2,565 of 3,333
ZMF Caldera is imho the biggest competitor. It’s still has a good stage and good (not as good) detail retrieval and layering, but is far more analogue sounding and has a very well defined mid bass and punch. But there are plenty other high end headphones, that offer very different (for some people more exciting) tuning and far more punch and bass than Susvara. Most of the flagship ZMF offering, Meze Elite, D8000/ pro and of course Abyss.
Bravura is supposed to be more energetic and heftier too, but couldn’t audition it yet.
As a former Meze Elite owner I would say that it has a very good amount of base slam and punch but it comes at the expense of less focused and accurate. If it can be found on the used market at a really good price, then it's a decent entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back