Holo Audio Bliss
May 27, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #2,341 of 3,333
I've kept the Bliss on for 10 or so hours straight in an open audio stand and the top of the Bliss feels warm to the touch, but not hot. The isolation feet under the Bliss and May are from Isoacoustics. The ones under the Red are from Amazon and I painted them red: Monosaudio Isolation Feet HiFi Feet 4Pcs 40x20mm Aluminum Universal Turntable Feet with Non-Slip Rubber Rings.
I do want to add that after a number of hours running th Bliss, the unit does get pretty hot on the underside. The top stays warm to the touch. I wouldn't stack the Bliss on any other unit.

May 27, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #2,342 of 3,333
Is there any issue/ill effect to using the RCA input as opposed to the balanced XLR input for this amp? Is the Bliss balanced in and balanced out?

May 27, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #2,343 of 3,333
Is there any issue/ill effect to using the RCA input as opposed to the balanced XLR input for this amp? Is the Bliss balanced in and balanced out?
Before I got XLR interconnects, I ran RCA into Bliss and XLR out to headphones. I also ran RCA into Bliss and single-ended out to headphones, all with no problems. Sound quality and gain improved with all XLR, as expected. Internal topography is balanced, but it got plenty loud single-ended. :)

May 28, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #2,344 of 3,333
This is just to inform about my really great personal experience with Wildism Audio Hong Kong. I'm being from Asia, ordered from wildism (discounted price+free express shipping) + full support till the delivery. It was my first import and thanks to Jo (from Wildism Audio) for all the support. He even helped in follow-ups during customs clearance. Once the stock was received at his end, he did QC, made a video of same and then shipped. Very smooth experience if someone is looking for an option for fast shiping with reliable service. All Holo products and accessories are available with him.

https://wildism-audio-hk.myshopify.com/

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #2,345 of 3,333
I do want to add that after a number of hours running th Bliss, the unit does get pretty hot on the underside. The top stays warm to the touch. I wouldn't stack the Bliss on any other unit.
My Bliss and Spring 3 KTE preamp were getting pretty hot with ambient temperatures ranging from 25 to 28 this time of the season. Therefore, started using a Vornado desk fan on low 24/7. Works very well keeping both cool.

May 28, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #2,346 of 3,333
This is just to inform about my really great personal experience with wildism audio hongkong. I'm being from Asia ordered from wildism (discounted price+free express shipping) + full support till the delivery. It was my first import and thanks to Jo for all the support. He even helped in follow ups during custom clearance. Once the stock was received at his end, he did QC, made a video of same and then shipped. Very smooth experience if someone is looking for an option for fast shiping with reliable service. All Holo products and accessories are available with him.

https://wildism-audio-hk.myshopify.com/
Agree 100% - very positive experience buying from Wildism.

May 28, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #2,348 of 3,333
Does anyone have both the Serene and Bliss? I'm currently using the Serene as a headphone amp but I'm planning to move it to my speaker system in the living room. I'm considering either the Bliss or the Ferrum OOR, I've already demoed the OOR but I can't demo the Bliss so I'm curious how different the Bliss to the Serene.

Any feedback would be appreciated, I have the Focal Utopia (OG) as my headphones. TYIA.

May 28, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #2,349 of 3,333
One of the greatest moments of my headfi journey so far has been to be able to A/B between a fully burned in Caldera and a Diana TC using my Holo Bliss KTE. The musical capability of these two headphones is unlike anything i have ever heard (no i have not heard the susvara yet).

May 29, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #2,350 of 3,333
I got the Bliss delivered over the weekend and I am connecting it to my Chord DAVE/ Blu MkII setup via RCA input. my DAVE is on preamplifier mode so the volume on the DAVE is currently showing -6dB. my DAVE is also connected to my Woo Audio 3ES via XLR. I do not turn on the Bliss and the 3ES at the same time during my listening session.

Is there any volume setting that I should be doing on the DAVE to ensure it is working under optimal conditions with the Bliss?

thank you for any advice that you guys can share with me :)

May 29, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #2,351 of 3,333
I got the Bliss delivered over the weekend and I am connecting it to my Chord DAVE/ Blu MkII setup via RCA input. my DAVE is on preamplifier mode so the volume on the DAVE is currently showing -6dB. my DAVE is also connected to my Woo Audio 3ES via XLR. I do not turn on the Bliss and the 3ES at the same time during my listening session.

Is there any volume setting that I should be doing on the DAVE to ensure it is working under optimal conditions with the Bliss?

thank you for any advice that you guys can share with me :)
I think your good to go with -6db on dave

May 30, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #2,353 of 3,333
I never tried my equipment without the IsoAcoustics. Frankly, I don't care if they make an improvement or not. I just use them cuz they look cool and they provide more air flow under the components.

May 30, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #2,354 of 3,333
Has anyone actually noticed any difference between having them and not having them on this equipment?
From a technical standopint you'd use these for high wattage speaker setups with vibration sensitive equipment like tube gear, turntables etc. For headphones it's mostly aesthetics unless you have vibration sensitive equipment and you live in an environment where vibrations are a problem (like next to a busy street with trams etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back