Holo Audio Bliss
May 19, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #2,311 of 3,251
Because May does Bass well and Bliss does Bass well, so you don't need a boost, yolo.
Interesting on the Utopia how it would be...
I know I keep mentioning Volot but it certainly improved for me and I can hear and FEEL the bass in most cases (For now I'm guessing it depends on the mastering) and it's very pleasant, but I'm wondering if Bliss will improve it even more that it will be relentless and powerful? :p

Hi XVampireX,
You (keep) mentioning that you have - or had - the Volot, and now have the Bliss.
I wonder...
Have you ever written up a comparison between these two high powered headphone amps?
Either in this thread, or elsewhere?

I haven't gone through all of this thread, but I have been on the lookout for such a comparison write up, with, so far, no success.

Any chance you could point me to anything like that?

Best,
Harvey

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #2,312 of 3,251
Bliss KTE + Diana TC = Endgame

May 20, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #2,313 of 3,251
Bliss+Freya combo has been a great Swiss Army knife of TOTL sound. Now that my ears started getting tired to the more distorted sound of tubes, I just switched to passthrough in Freya and Bliss+Susvara again feels like a dive in liquid and distortion free audio chocolate. I'm so happy with my Bliss. One can do anything with it and it will deliver.

May 21, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #2,315 of 3,251
3 new observations about my system :

1. Compared May + Bliss with Gustard X26 Pro thinking I use mostly tubes anyway and maybe I could get away with a massive cost saving and substitute my May + Bliss (as a pre) with the X26 Pro ... and while it gets close ... the difference in upper mids and treble handling which results in a lot more "Holo" graphic and refined sound from May is big enough that it's worth ... 8x (?) the money ... well ok, it's subjective, but the realism Holo stack delivers is in another league in the end leaving X26 Pro sounding good, but somehow flat and artificial. I tried to compensate with tube rolling, but to no effect. May + Bliss have a certain quality about it that cant be fabricated. So ... I won't save any money lol ... typical.

2. The reason for this comparo from point 1. is the fact that I wasn't getting the "real" sound quality from Bliss I was getting from HA6a. I borrowed the X26 Pro from a friend who has over 30 years of experience in this hobby and he told me straight away ... it's probably a power problem ... and lo and behold ... (I had my Bliss plugged directly into the wall, then I moved the furniture around and plugged Bliss into another socket ... and then started noticing the problem) ... I plugged Bliss into my Niagra 1200 and it started sounding as I remembered from a few weeks prior (which I thought initially was just my honeymoon). So yeah, as with May, Bliss reacts to power in profound ways.

3. I did the DAC comparison using the Bliss since it has 2 XLRs and I have 2 sets of AQ Blizzards and WEL XLRs so it was a fair apples to apples ... I used 1266 TC and a set of my active monitors (Mackie HR824MK2) running 4.4 -> 2xXLR adapter ... and then I went back to using HA6a with the monitors, did a bit of tube rolling ... as a side effect I could compare HA6a with some TOTL tubes with Bliss in this context and Bliss didn't fall behind at all, even though speakers generally prefer tubes. Bliss is soft, cultured and holographic with good bass and dynamics. It made me appreciate it even more. It just sounds very ... pleasant and engaging at the same time : )

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #2,316 of 3,251
The only thing bad about Bliss is that it makes you want to upgrade your tube amp to equivalent grade, which costs 2-3x as much as Bliss.
Not quite, you can pimp up a HA6a and easily get it to play in the same league. If you want to go 300b though ... then yeah, probably 2x if you want a new HA300MK2 with top tubes or 3x if you go for Woo or Feliks.

May 21, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #2,318 of 3,251
Yes. I am talking 300b.
Speaking of which Im awaiting a black HA300MK2 ... ahhh the wait 😅 gonna be interesting to compare to Bliss and HA6a and put it in context ... now just need to rob a bank to roll the Elrogs 😂

May 21, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #2,319 of 3,251
Not quite, you can pimp up a HA6a and easily get it to play in the same league. If you want to go 300b though ... then yeah, probably 2x if you want a new HA300MK2 with top tubes or 3x if you go for Woo or Feliks.
Not sure about HA-6A but Feliks Euforia Evo and HA-3A been nowhere close even with pretty great tubes. The only tube amp that came close to Bliss was Feliks Envy in my opinion.

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #2,320 of 3,251
Not sure about HA-6A but HA-3A was nowhere close even with pretty great tubes. The only tube amp that came close to Bliss was Feliks Envy in my opinion.
HA6a with Sophia Electric KT88 (or similar) / Telefunken (or smilar) easily trades with Bliss 💪

May 21, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #2,321 of 3,251
Hope we hear things similary, considering getting rid of my HA-3A, was aiming for Envy to acompany bliss as tube amp, but HA-6A would be A LOT cheaper haha

May 21, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #2,322 of 3,251
Hope we hear things similary, considering getting rid of my HA-3A, was aiming for Envy to acompany bliss as tube amp, but HA-6A would be A LOT cheaper haha
If you roll (and you have to get Elrogs don't you) used HA6a will be quarter of the price and it delivers in spades imo. It outlived 2 Bursons (3xp and GT), Oor stack and now it gets more usage than Bliss even ... 🤷

May 21, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #2,323 of 3,251
If you roll (and you have to get Elrogs don't you) used HA6a will be quarter of the price and it delivers in spades imo. It outlived 2 Bursons (3xp and GT), Oor stack and now it gets more usage than Bliss even ... 🤷
Yeah, I've already spent $500 on 22DE4 and 6SN7 NOS tubes to role and I haven't even started with the 300Bs yet for the 300MKII. I'm still on the fence on the Elrogs because of past support and QC issues.

I switch back and forth, one day I'll use the Bliss, and the next day I'll use the 300MKII.

It's a good choice to have.

May 22, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #2,325 of 3,251
Yeah, I've already spent $500 on 22DE4 and 6SN7 NOS tubes to role and I haven't even started with the 300Bs yet for the 300MKII. I'm still on the fence on the Elrogs because of past support and QC issues.

I switch back and forth, one day I'll use the Bliss, and the next day I'll use the 300MKII.

It's a good choice to have.
Current day Elrogs are both better in quality control, and customer service (imo)

Do not fear that if it is the only issue, but do consider if its sonic qualities is what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back