Holo Audio Bliss
Mar 9, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,576 of 3,264
Earth and WEL are 100% authentic :wink: I know about those ... issues. I wrote about my Earth and Sky experience here before. Now I'm starting to be convinced that Sky I've got is counterfeit bc it sounds markedly different from Earth and WEL ... it's a different generation, granted, but it sounds completely different which I don't think should be the case ... it will probably end up on a scrap pile eventually 🤷‍♂️ so I've learned my lesson.
To bad on the Sky's but at least you had great success with the other cables. Awesome! Awesome!

Mar 12, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #1,577 of 3,264
No clue on the susvara, but both the 430HA and Bliss drive the HE6 adequately. As a former 430HA owner I would rate the comparison as something like this: the 430HA is to the Bliss what Jeffrey Dahmer is to Mother Teresa. The 430HA is one of the worst headamps I have ever owned sonically. Muffled, slow, dull and boring. I couldn't sell mine fast enough. YMMV.
What happened down the road? No offence, just curious, since you seemed to love it when you had it, you wrote several post in the 430ha thread about how much you loved it and how it rivals tube amps etc.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,578 of 3,264
This is more of a nitpick but does any else wish they stacked some of the internal component on top of each other to save desk space? I usually listen to music while working from home and the dimensions are pushing what makes sense on my poor little standing desk :sweat_smile:

Looks like Kevin Gilmore is in the process of doing this for the CFA3 which looks intriguing, and you have amps like the V281 (Violectric's newer amps do this too). I know other products in their line matchup with this form factor but I'd love if they created an alternate space-saving model like Weiss does with the DAC501/502.

Mar 13, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #1,579 of 3,264
What happened down the road? No offence, just curious, since you seemed to love it when you had it, you wrote several post in the 430ha thread about how much you loved it and how it rivals tube amps etc.
This is typical headfi. People read stuff, get excited, buy, go through a period of honeymoon where they rave about a product and then they sell in a year or two (if not less time).

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #1,580 of 3,264
FYI for people waiting, I just got a notification that my Bliss I ordered Feb 1st is shipping today. That brings it to a 42 day wait (plus shipping time).

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #1,581 of 3,264
Ugh... I'm only on week 2. Feels like it's going to be forever.

Mar 14, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #1,583 of 3,264
This is typical headfi. People read stuff, get excited, buy, go through a period of honeymoon where they rave about a product and then they sell in a year or two (if not less time).
The story of my life for the last eight years...

Mar 14, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,584 of 3,264
Mar 14, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,585 of 3,264
Any one have both AHB2 and BLISS any though?
I have AHB2 and I am wondering
I'll be getting my Bliss on Thursday and I already have an AHB2 with a Holo Serene KTE as its preamp. I also have a Woo WA23, Enleum 23R and Auris Nirvana. The Bliss will be going into a different system than my AHB2 but I may compare them at some time in the future. I saw that Goldensound prefers the Bliss but his music genre preferences and mine are quite different. The sound quality of the AHB2 largely depends on the preamp in front of it. I tried the following preamps: (1) McIntosh C2600 tube preamp ($8500 MSRP), (2) Linear Tube Audio Microzotl Reference ($5700) and a Holo Serene KTE ($3400). The Serene KTE was the least expensive but it easily was the best of the three for my preferences. I think Goldensound used a Serene KTE with the AHB2 as well. I used my Bricasti M1SE (latest DX DAC board) not my May KTE when I did the preamp comparison. All 3 were my own preamps.

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #1,586 of 3,264
I'll be getting my Bliss on Thursday and I already have an AHB2 with a Holo Serene KTE as its preamp. I also have a Woo WA23, Enleum 23R and Auris Nirvana. The Bliss will be going into a different system than my AHB2 but I may compare them at some time in the future. I saw that Goldensound prefers the Bliss but his music genre preferences and mine are quite different. The sound quality of the AHB2 largely depends on the preamp in front of it. I tried the following preamps: (1) McIntosh C2600 tube preamp ($8500 MSRP), (2) Linear Tube Audio Microzotl Reference ($5700) and a Holo Serene KTE ($3400). The Serene KTE was the least expensive but it easily was the best of the three for my preferences. I think Goldensound used a Serene KTE with the AHB2 as well. I used my Bricasti M1SE (latest DX DAC board) not my May KTE when I did the preamp comparison. All 3 were my own preamps.

I know it is a big ask, but if you end up getting to do any Bliss as a preamp vs Serene A-B comparisons I would be eternally grateful. I decided to pull the trigger on a Bliss anyway, but am still a bit curious/nervous about how it will stack up vs the Serene I loved for that use. Thanks!

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #1,588 of 3,264
I know it is a big ask, but if you end up getting to do any Bliss as a preamp vs Serene A-B comparisons I would be eternally grateful. I decided to pull the trigger on a Bliss anyway, but am still a bit curious/nervous about how it will stack up vs the Serene I loved for that use. Thanks!
I'll do a comparison but to be fair to the Bliss, I need to burn it in for a couple of weeks.

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #1,589 of 3,264
My unit arrived earlier in the day. Sounds great so far!

BLISS01.png

BLISS02.png

Mar 17, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #1,590 of 3,264
You lucky dog. Enjoy and please provide impressions.
I have 4 more weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back