Holo Audio Bliss
Mar 5, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #1,516 of 3,309
You ok? You seem to be having a hard time on the internet.

Not sure if back in the day people could do with their own money as they please but today they can.

Anyway I hope things are ok with you.
+1

Mar 5, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #1,517 of 3,309
Hi guys,
I`m back on the Holo Bliss fence – I have here a Ferum oor + Hypsos for testing. That is not what I’m looking for. The main fault on this thing is, it has no button to switch off the line out. So if you use it as preamp you have to turn off/on your amp every time you want to listen to the speaker system.
If I understand the Bliss- manual right you can turn on line and HP separately.
Output: HP Hi-Z, HP Lo-Z, Line

I`m also thinking about the Benchmark HPA4---

..so it is not easy :wink:

Mar 5, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #1,518 of 3,309
I bought the Spring 3 KTE blindly and it's the best DAC I've had in 27 years after numerous R2Rs.
Reading everyone's impressions on the Bliss makes it sound like it's my cup of tea.
My confidence is high.

The AHB2 is exactly what my gut was telling me it would be before I bought it.
The AHB2 is a highly resolving, low distortion amplifier that measures well but is a little lean in the bass. And even when the bass is somewhat prevalent, I don't hear it as much because my attention is drawn towards the detail of the highs and upper mids.
The AHB2, just like the HPA4 I had before it, needs a little more "meat on the bones". It needs more body, more weight, more oomph for my tastes.

Yes, I am rolling the dice on a blind purchase with the Bliss but my confidence is high.
That's exactly what I thought AHB2 could be for me as well and why I was hesitant about it. Bliss in comparison is how you would imagine pure old school class A sound of the highest order. I would also demo Ferrum if Susvara is your main set.

Mar 5, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #1,519 of 3,309
That's exactly what I thought AHB2 could be for me as well and why I was hesitant about it. Bliss in comparison is how you would imagine pure old school class A sound of the highest order. I would also demo Ferrum if Susvara is your main set.
Gotcha 👍

Mar 5, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #1,520 of 3,309
What amps did you have before Bliss?
I also own/used, GSX-Mini, DNA Stratus, AHB2, Cayin HA-6A, HPA4, Burson Conductor 3X GT. Currently waiting for a Feliks Envy to come in.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #1,522 of 3,309
Hi guys,
I`m back on the Holo Bliss fence – I have here a Ferum oor + Hypsos for testing. That is not what I’m looking for. The main fault on this thing is, it has no button to switch off the line out. So if you use it as preamp you have to turn off/on your amp every time you want to listen to the speaker system.
If I understand the Bliss- manual right you can turn on line and HP separately.
Output: HP Hi-Z, HP Lo-Z, Line

I`m also thinking about the Benchmark HPA4---

..so it is not easy :wink:
Bliss you pick headphone or pre-amp. Headphone is low or hi z, and all headphone jacks are live.

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,523 of 3,309
I have a Bliss on order and should be getting it fairly soon. I currently have an AHB2 that I use with my Susvara and 1266TC. I’ve found that the AHB2 is very dependent on the preamp used with it. I tried a McIntosh C2600 tube preamp, a Linear Tube Audio Microzotl Reference tube preamp and a Holo Serene KTE.

I much preferred the Serene KTE with AHB2. The Serene provided the best bass of the 3 preamps. I think it was the most coherent of the 3 preamps and it provided the most full body sound. It provided the best imaging and black space between images of the 3 preamps.

I’ll be trying the Bliss as a preamp and a headphone amp. I’ll try it as a preamp for my First Watt F7 and Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers and Holo May KTE DAC. Currently I’m using an Audio By Van Alstine FET Valve CF tube preamp that I find to be excellent. I’ll be happy if the Bliss outperforms my tube preamp. I’ll also compare it to my 23R as a headphone amp. If I like the Bliss better in both cases, then I can simplify my system.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,524 of 3,309
I have a Bliss on order and should be getting it fairly soon. I currently have an AHB2 that I use with use with my Susvara and 1266TC. I’ve found that the AHB2 is very dependent on the preamp used with it. I tried a McIntosh C2600 tube preamp, a Linear Tube Audio Microzotl Reference tube preamp and a Holo Serene KTE.

I much preferred the Serene KTE with AHB2. The Serene provided the best best bass of the 3 preamps. I think it was the most coherent of the 3 preamps and it provided the most full body sound. It provided the best imaging and black space between images of the 3 preamps.

I’ll be trying the Bliss as a preamp and a headphone amp. I’ll try it as a preamp for my First Watt F7 and Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers and Holo May KTE DAC. Currently I’m using an Audio By Van Alstine FET Valve CF tube preamp that I find to be excellent. I’ll be happy if the Bliss outperforms my tube preamp. I’ll also compare it to my 23R as a headphone amp. If I like the Bliss better in both cases, then I can simplify my system.
Maybe this was why I wasn't getting full body on my Susvara from AHB2? I was using a passive preamp. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #1,525 of 3,309
Fellow Bliss owners... you will love his conclusion...

Nomo ZAHL FOMO for me :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #1,526 of 3,309
Fellow Bliss owners... you will love his conclusion...

Nomo ZAHL FOMO for me :beyersmile:

Well, that's his subjective opinion, yours might be different :p

I think this cements what I've been experiencing myself for the past 2 years, that above a certain threshold (say 3-4k atm) the actual performance more less flatlines and you just get different flavours or features. It would be hard for me to say that Bliss is better than a well built up Soloist GT or Ferrum for example, or even my HA6a. It's all about system synergy at this level imo.

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #1,527 of 3,309
Well, that's his subjective opinion, yours might be different :p
Haha, so true! I have been following him for a long time... I generally like his subjective opinion: it is IMO well-balanced and honest. However, I can easily imagine myself having a different view, for instance with his Enleum amp review.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,528 of 3,309
Wow. That's interesting.
I ordered my Bliss last weekend. Now I wait. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back