Holo Audio Bliss
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,126 of 3,250
Yep, fully balanced chain, volume set to fixed. I'll get back to you re: turning off the levelling (i think it was at -5db when i reported it). I have a (tested by an audiologist) very very fine hearing. I just like to listen to music a bit louder than average for sure...
Go into your Holo Audio Control Panel ASIO Driver settings on your PC connected to the May and make sure this setting is set to 100%.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #1,127 of 3,250
Bliss arrived 3 days early!!! Looks great. Feels great. Looks really good with the Spring 1 KTE on the shelf below it.

Too early to give real impressions. Lo-Z is sounding better with Stealth, Expanse and Caldera. Hi-Z sounds better with Verite Closed.

Which is how it should be based on lo-Z on low impedance headphones and Hi-Z on high impedance HPs? Please someone correct me if I am missing the boat. I am only used to gain adjustment and not the Hi and Lo-Z impedance stuff.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #1,128 of 3,250
IMG_0830.jpg

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #1,129 of 3,250
Bliss arrived 3 days early!!! Looks great. Feels great. Looks really good with the Spring 1 KTE on the shelf below it.

Too early to give real impressions. Lo-Z is sounding better with Stealth, Expanse and Caldera. Hi-Z sounds better with Verite Closed.

Which is how it should be based on lo-Z on low impedance headphones and Hi-Z on high impedance HPs? Please someone correct me if I am missing the boat. I am only used to gain adjustment and not the Hi and Lo-Z impedance stuff.
Awesome. Mine showed up early today too. Really nice build. Volume is sweet.
Yeah you’re right. Low z for lower impedance and hi z for high impedance.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #1,130 of 3,250
Awesome. Mine showed up early today too. Really nice build. Volume is sweet.
Yeah you’re right. Low z for lower impedance and hi z for high impedance.
Thank you on the impedance confirmation. The packaging was well done as far as protection goes. Something cut through a small part of my outside box but the Bliss was double boxed with a lot of room due to foam padding between the second box and the Bliss.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #1,131 of 3,250
Thank you on the impedance confirmation. The packaging was well done as far as protection goes. Something cut through a small part of my outside box but the Bliss was double boxed with a lot of room due to foam padding between the second box and the Bliss.
No problem. Your ears won’t lie. Switch to hi z when using something with low impedance and it’ll sound flat. That’s how I experience it.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #1,132 of 3,250
A huge surprise is how good the Verite closed sounds on the Bliss. Better than anything else I have tried it on. Caldera also sounds excellent. Caldera seems not too picky when it comes to amps. I am still figuring out Expanse and Stealth with Bliss. That will take longer. Those two are complex ones!!

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #1,133 of 3,250

I see you have a Yggdrasil in your signature, I'll be waiting to find out your thoughts if Bliss is transparent, or is Holo's smoothness is double downed!

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #1,134 of 3,250
A huge surprise is how good the Verite closed sounds on the Bliss. Better than anything else I have tried it on. Caldera also sounds excellent. Caldera seems not too picky when it comes to amps. I am still figuring out Expanse and Stealth with Bliss. That will take longer. Those two are complex ones!!

I am looking for an end game solid state amp for my VC so this is good to hear.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #1,135 of 3,250
I see you have a Yggdrasil in your signature, I'll be waiting to find out your thoughts if Bliss is transparent, or is Holo's smoothness is double downed!
My initial take is that I am used to the music coming at me with the Yggy and Oor/Hypsos stack. With the Bliss/Spring combo so far the music is there for me to enjoy. It is not coming at me as much. I would call call the Bliss/Spring combo a mature warm transparency so far. The Yggy/Ferrum stack is super intensely transparent. That is a stack I put together since they were both without a partner and it is a surprisingly good pairing if you are fine with clarity over warmth.

The Bliss is going to take me a while to understand. I am looking forward to the hours of bliss with Bliss :) Bad pun of the day!

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,136 of 3,250
Any impressions from Meze Elite and/or Solitaire P owners?
How does it run with IEMs? (Though know that's not the main use case)

Jan 21, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #1,137 of 3,250
Initial impressions with the Mest MKII listening to Reid Willis Thirst EP are very positive / amazing. Noticeable step up from the DAPs I'm used to hearing (Fiio M17 and LP6K). Better dynamics and low end / sub-bass. Soundstage somehow seems better too - more holographic.

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #1,138 of 3,250

First of all Congrats,
It sounds great out of the box, but...
Just wait for the Burn-In to kick in.

Jan 21, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #1,139 of 3,250
Any impressions from Meze Elite and/or Solitaire P owners?
It's a perfect match for the Elites. With the Bliss, you'll get 100% of what the Elites can do. Literally.

Attachments

• 20230121_122426.jpg
    20230121_122426.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 21, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #1,140 of 3,250
Very happy Spring 3 KTE owner here. I'm thinking about getting the Susvara (again), which means I'm amplifier shopping now. I was curious as to how people feel the Bliss drives their Susvara.
I also have the Elite and I am happy with it, but you guys know how this stuff is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back