Holo Audio Bliss
Jan 16, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #1,066 of 3,247
That’s not the point. I also use EQ with the Susvara, but it doesn’t transform to an Arya with EQ. The soundstage is much further away and surrounds you in with and depth. That’s the strong point of the Araya V2 and is perfect for gaming and watching movies. The forgiving character
of smoother impulse response is also not
EQ dependent.
Well if you use oratorys eq it transforms both to Harman. They will sound very similar afterwards.

If you want to transform it to an Arya you'd have to eq it to that signature.

They will never sound 100% the same but can get very close

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #1,067 of 3,247
Well if you use oratorys eq it transforms both to Harman. They will sound very similar afterwards.

If you want to transform it to an Arya you'd have to eq it to that signature.

They will never sound 100% the same but can get very close
Ok. last reply to that. (Don't get it why it's important for you to convince me of something?)
First of all, frequency response is just one part the story. 10 different HPs EQed to harman will not necessarily sound very close or lets say it more precise,
will not present the sound the same way. An EQed Arya is not VERY close to a Susvara. If you disagree on that, congratulation. That saves you a lot of money.
Second, I don't want to tune my Arya to a Susvara or otherwise. You completely miss the point.
Last, I don't generally use Oratorys EQ profiles and tune all my HPs to harman and never said that. I use it with the Arya for gaming and movies.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #1,068 of 3,247
Last night I was a bit shocked how hot this thing was, nearly painful to touch. The left side, near to the front is the hottest spot. I realized that already before I stacked it.
I know, I didn't placed it exactly as suggested, but the two small devices on top cover only around 40% of the surface and shouldn't block heat dissipation too much.
I'm a bit worried how hot it will get when room temperature rises in summer. I will measure the temperature at my next longer session.

Jan 16, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #1,069 of 3,247
It doesn't feel that hot, maybe warm to the touch, I mean, as Class A I'd say it's colder than Volot probably for the surface area that it is.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,070 of 3,247
It doesn't feel that hot, maybe warm to the touch, I mean, as Class A I'd say it's colder than Volot probably for the surface area that it is.
Mine isn’t any warmer than other solid state amps that I can tell. It is comfy warm to the touch not hot. It’s not as warm as tubes by any stretch. I’ll use a laser therm on it at some point today too.

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #1,071 of 3,247
The Bliss is exactly what the Dr. ordered for the DCA Stealth. An entirely new and BETTER experience with them than all previous amps I have paired them with, I am assuming that the Stealth would see the same benefits of a more Full-Size speaker type presentation from the Bliss's power, depth, and control.
Significantly different from a Ferrum stack? I'm really trying to resist jumping on the bliss hype train...

Jan 17, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #1,072 of 3,247
Significantly different from a Ferrum stack? I'm really trying to resist jumping on the bliss hype train...
It's not hype. Bliss is significantly better than Burson GT while Burson GT is excellent, for most people an end game amp. I love my Holo Bliss so much.

Jan 17, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #1,073 of 3,247
It's not hype. Bliss is significantly better than Burson GT while Burson GT is excellent, for most people an end game amp. I love my Holo Bliss so much.
I don't mean to bash Burson here, I've heard their amps are subjectively awesome but they are objectively lacking when it comes to measurements, while both Ferrum and Holo go for both subjective and measured excellence :D

Jan 17, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #1,074 of 3,247
I sold my Ferrum stack shortly after getting the Bliss. Loved my Ferrum stack - it's great and I wouldn't say a bad thing about it, but the Bliss is on another level.

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,076 of 3,247
Hold off until you get to hear one in person. Buying blind is dumb - and once you buy you are predisposed to like the amp because you are stuck with it (that is until you sell).

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #1,078 of 3,247
Hold off until you get to hear one in person. Buying blind is dumb - and once you buy you are predisposed to like the amp because you are stuck with it (that is until you sell).
I agree that blind buying is generally stupid since tastes vary quite a lot, but I did buy the May dac blind. It having nothing but stellar reviews across the entire internet and the fact that it is one of the best measuring dacs ever made was enough for me to take the leap of faith, and it is one of the best audio decisions I've made so far.

If there was any brand I would buy blind from, it would be Holo :) However with me living half an hour away from Magna Hifi there's really no reason not to go over and listen at some point.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #1,079 of 3,247

Users who are viewing this thread

Back