Holo Audio Bliss
Jan 15, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #1,051 of 3,247
Expanse's character didn't change with my monoblocks and all their power though.

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,053 of 3,247
Jan 15, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #1,054 of 3,247
Your're welcome.

Just fishing for compliments ...

IMG_1273.JPEG
as a arya v2 owner , is their any reason to own the arya if i got a susvara one day

Jan 15, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,056 of 3,247
as a arya v2 owner , is their any reason to own the arya if i got a susvara one day
I’d say no as well.

Just sold my Arya v2 last week after having the Susvara for 9 months. There are other headphones that I’d say are a good complement since they provide a different flavor.
The Arya aren’t different enough to have both. I loved the Arya v2. The Susvara are just objectively better across the board and make the Arya irrelevant. IMO

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #1,057 of 3,247
Not really unless you don't like to sell stuff

I’d say no as well.

Just sold my Arya v2 last week after having the Susvara for 9 months. There are other headphones that I’d say are a good complement since they provide a different flavor.
The Arya aren’t different enough to have both. I loved the Arya v2. The Susvara are just objectively better across the board and make the Arya irrelevant. IMO

It depends ... from a music listening only point of view I would agree, but I use the Aryas as my main HP for playing immersive computer games
and/or watching videos/movies. They have a larger soundstage than the Susvara and are more forgiving and relaxed, so more enjoyable at
not perfect mastered audio. And they are super comfy for me with these large ear cups.
I have to say that I really love them driven by the RME ADI-2 DAC FS with an Oratory Equalizer profile applied.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #1,058 of 3,247
It depends ... from a music listening only point of view I would agree, but I use the Arays as my main HP for playing immersive computer games
and/or watching videos/movies. They have a larger soundstage than the Susvara and are more forgiving and relaxed, so more enjoyable with
not perfect mastered audio. And they are super comfy for me with these large ear cups.
I have to say that I really love them driven by the RME ADI DAC FS with an Oratory Equalizer profile.
Why not just use the Susvara with Oratory EQ?
A lot of the forgiving relaxed Charakter comes from the EQ.

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #1,059 of 3,247
It depends ... from a music listening only point of view I would agree, but I use the Arays as my main HP for playing immersive computer games
and/or watching videos/movies. They have a larger soundstage than the Susvara and are more forgiving and relaxed, so more enjoyable at
I have to say that I really love them driven by the RME ADI-2 DAC FS with an Oratory Equalizer profile applied.
I don't game and watch movies with speakers so can't comment on that but imo the Susvara is more comfortable and is just better across the board. YMMV of course.

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #1,060 of 3,247
Why not just use the Susvara with Oratory EQ?
A lot of the forgiving relaxed Charakter comes from the EQ.
That’s not the point. I also use EQ with the Susvara, but it doesn’t transform to an Arya with EQ. The soundstage is much further away and surrounds you in with and depth. That’s the strong point of the Araya V2 and is perfect for gaming and watching movies. The forgiving character
of smoother impulse response is also not
EQ dependent.

Jan 15, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #1,061 of 3,247
This point seems to be off-topic in this forum so I shall make it only once, and leave it at that :

I use my Arya Stealth as a kind of Susvara-lite occasionally for OTG purposes as it can be competently driven by dongles, and DAPs and even tablets and cellphones if one is hard-pressed. That enables me to enjoy some taste of Susvara-like goodness in a portable or transportable package (okay, I do not need to drive an Arya stealth with a tablet or cellphone since I have several amp/Dac dongles that can beautifully enhance the Arya's performance in such mobile OTG use cases)...

On the other hand, given its nuclear reactor calibre power demands, I find it most productive to confine the Susvara itself exclusively to desktop use since I can't find any portable/transportable Amp/DAC that can drive it to my satisfaction, without generating some irritation or frustration. For such portable/transportable use cases, the Arya stealth is fabulous and can place me sonically in the Susvara ballpark, without necessarily replicating the performance of the Susvara, but at the same time doing such a fantastic job in holding its own that I do not miss the Susvara at all.

That is how one can own a Susvara without automatically making the Arya irrelevant. By the way I own other lower tier Hifiman cans as well because within what is called the "Hifiman house sound," there is a rather wide range of distinct sonic varieties, flavors, and shades which can each be fascinating to the ear in its own right if one has the patience to try them.

I am not alone in this: I have seen folks on head-fi who own 3, 4 or more models of headphones from ZMF or Sennheiser and I understand them perfectly well, I think.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #1,062 of 3,247
This point seems to be off-topic in this forum so I shall make it only once, and leave it at that :

I use my Arya Stealth as a kind of Susvara-lite occasionally for OTG purposes as it can be competently driven by dongles, and DAPs and even tablets and cellphones if one is hard-pressed. That enables me to enjoy some taste of Susvara-like goodness in a portable or transportable package (okay, I do not need to drive an Arya stealth with a tablet or cellphone since I have several amp/Dac dongles that can beautifully enhance the Arya's performance in such mobile OTG use cases)...

On the other hand, given its nuclear reactor calibre power demands, I find it most productive to confine the Susvara itself exclusively to desktop use since I can't find any portable/transportable Amp/DAC that can drive it to my satisfaction, without generating some irritation or frustration. For such portable/transportable use cases, the Arya stealth is fabulous and can place me sonically in the Susvara ballpark, without necessarily replicating the performance of the Susvara, but at the same time doing such a fantastic job in holding its own that I do not miss the Susvara at all.

That is how one can own a Susvara without automatically making the Arya irrelevant. By the way I own other lower tier Hifiman cans as well because within what is called the "Hifiman house sound," there is a rather wide range of distinct sonic varieties, flavors, and shades which can each be fascinating to the ear in its own right if one has the patience to try them.

I am not alone in this: I have seen folks on head-fi who own 3, 4 or more models of headphones from ZMF or Sennheiser and I understand them perfectly well, I think.
Ok.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #1,063 of 3,247

?satisfying … willingness … ?

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #1,064 of 3,247
Hey lads, I have a Niimbus US5 Pro and I'm curious what sort of differences there would be between the US5 and the Bliss KTE from people who have hands on experience? I've got a decent army of TOTL cans.

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #1,065 of 3,247
Hey lads, I have a Niimbus US5 Pro and I'm curious what sort of differences there would be between the US5 and the Bliss KTE from people who have hands on experience? I've got a decent army of TOTL cans.
Looking for the same feedback between Niimbus and Bliss. I have the Denafrips Artemis and looking for something more neutral and more detailed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back