Holo Audio Bliss
Jan 24, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #1,172 of 3,333
I can’t actually argue with this, except for amp dying heinous death if there were a power surge. And silver, not copper.
I'm not suggesting anyone actually do it, just theorizing

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #1,173 of 3,333
if different fuses can sound better, then surely no fuse would sound best? who wants to install a copper slug and test it out...
Pretty sure a copper wire would sound the best. The use of a fuse is only for overload protection. A bare wire will always sound the best if you don't mind risking blowing up your gear.

Jan 25, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #1,174 of 3,333
I wonder how this compares to the Enleum 23r in terms of sound. Even though its less expensive, that always doesn't tell the full story. I would imagine the source comes into play as well.

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,176 of 3,333
Heard people say that 13r and 23r are about the same if not the same so shouldn't be far off.
I will try to get an audition of Susvara/Caldera, the local dealer here is demoing them on the 23r.
And someone local here on Head-fi might be coming over cause they want to hear the May (On the Volot, as they have the Volot as well) and they have the Susvara, so a mutual interest here... We'll see if it turns to reality.

Jan 26, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,177 of 3,333
Jan 26, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,178 of 3,333
I’m powering the Sus on the speaker out of the Enleum, not the headphone out: to my ears the Sus sounds better this way.
This is false and has been confirmed by the manufacturer and measurements, circuits in both the original 13R and new 23R are identical. There are no sonic differences and the headphone out is added for convenience.

Regarding pairing with Enleum vs Holo it's a matter of preference in presentation. May is a softer DAC, 23R is a softer amp - the two are a great match if you like Susvara's natural presentation. If you want to bring more bite, aggressiveness, etc, Bliss, Niiumbus, and CFA3 are better match.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #1,179 of 3,333
Jan 26, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #1,180 of 3,333
It’s a bit less warm, or darker colored in the sound in my experience.

An analogy I can give is that the 23r is the Meze Empyrean and the Bliss is the Elite to my my ears. Both excellent just a bit different colored, more different than similar in overall tonality. Hope this helps.
This needs to be said, known, and experienced more.
I agree, and CA-1a is absolutely brilliant with the convolution filters. A sine qua non for this headphone.

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #1,181 of 3,333
Has anyone compared the standard and KTE versions of Bliss? Is there any sonic difference?

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,182 of 3,333
Has anyone compared the standard and KTE versions of Bliss? Is there any sonic difference?
I get the feeling that we were all too afraid to buy the non-kte version, and Holo audio knows this :sweat_smile:

even if we thought it would sound exactly the same, it's just not as desirable since it's not "top of the line"

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #1,183 of 3,333
I get the feeling that we were all too afraid to buy the non-kte version, and Holo audio knows this :sweat_smile:

even if we thought it would sound exactly the same, it's just not as desirable since it's not "top of the line"

They are so mean! :)

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #1,185 of 3,333

He he he

Why settle for "standard" when the KTE "grass" always looks greener, right? I laugh, but I am sure I'll almost always fall for this "monetization" of my audio nervosa :

1beg4.gif
cow-greener-grass.gif

...or my "confirmation bias" :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back