Holo Audio Bliss
Sep 17, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #2,851 of 3,333
Have you heard of issues with Ferrum? Or do you mean the aesthetics?
I have purchased two Hypsos power supplies from them. The only issue I've had with Ferrum was that they sent me a longer DC cable that didn't work properly. But other than that, no issue with Ferrum. Just saying, if you trust your money with Ferrum, you should be able to trust your money with Holo.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #2,854 of 3,333
I have the Euforia and the Bliss in the same setup but I’ve only used the Euforia as preamp a few times. It's very nice actually, but I mostly use the Euforia direct with the VC. I'll try the Bliss combo again tonight.

IMG_7351.jpeg
hows it? I have the same setup except euforia, would be great if you could share your findings in more detail.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #2,855 of 3,333
hows it? I have the same setup except euforia, would be great if you could share your findings in more detail.
I had a listening session on Sunday, using the Euforia as a preamp, and I really liked it. It gave the music some warmth and emotion, but it was still detailed and punchy. Unfortunately the RCA cable I was using (from Euforia to Bliss) failed at some point - the right channel went dead. I don't know how that can happen all of a sudden, without anyone touching the cable... 🤷‍♂️ But I will have a new cable by this evening, and will do more listening in coming days.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #2,856 of 3,333
I had a listening session on Sunday, using the Euforia as a preamp, and I really liked it. It gave the music some warmth and emotion, but it was still detailed and punchy. Unfortunately the RCA cable I was using (from Euforia to Bliss) failed at some point - the right channel went dead. I don't know how that can happen all of a sudden, without anyone touching the cable... 🤷‍♂️ But I will have a new cable by this evening, and will do more listening in coming days.
Dang.. hope its the cable and not the component. Im sure uve tried swapping left right to make sure its not the component right? Looking forward to hear more, and wondering if adding a tube pre can make the holo stack even more holographic + spacious.

Sep 19, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #2,857 of 3,333
Dang.. hope its the cable and not the component. Im sure uve tried swapping left right to make sure its not the component right? Looking forward to hear more, and wondering if adding a tube pre can make the holo stack even more holographic + spacious.
Yes, I swapped left and right and found out that it was the cable indeed. A replacement cable came in today and I am back to listening. For context, I use this combo in the living room, often with other family members present, so this is my closed back spot. Tonight I am listening with the Stellia, which by nature is not the most spacious headphone; the stage is fairly intimate, certainly compared to the open backs. I plan to do some comparative listening with some of my open backs at some point as well.

With input selection in the menu it is relatively straightforward to immediately switch over from RCA in to XLR in and back, and therefore compare the signal coming straight from the May to the signal that passes through the Euforia first. I volume matched by ear, and doublechecked this with an Iphone app (Decibel X).

It was a fairly short listening session but this is what I heard. As I mentioned earlier, I feel that the tubes add a nice velvety layer of smoothness that makes the music more emotional sounding (to me), and literally gives me goosebumps. It does make the background less black than from May direct, but this adds to the sense of smoothness and creates an ‘analogue’ sound. It sounds pretty spacious to me, keeping the limitations of the Stellia in mind. When changing over to May direct, the presentation becomes more forward and energetic. Drums have more impact, percussion hits are more tactile, the edges are sharper across the board. As a result, the music sounds more direct and less diffuse, and therefore somewhat less spacious.

Neither of these presentations is ‘better’ than the other, in my view, just different, and can be chosen depending on mood and type of music. For this session, I listened to pretty mellow music, with artists like Dominique Fils-Aime, Anne Bisson, Malia/Boris Blank, Carolin No, etc. Very relaxing from May direct, but even more so with the Euforia in the chain. For more energetic music, e.g. some rock or metal, I might prefer May direct, I will try that next time. Also note that the differences are subtle and difficult to describe. I have done my best, but it is difficult to put feelings into words.. :)

This listening session also made me realize, once again, how great the May/Bliss combo is, with and without the Euforia, how much I enjoy the Stellia (for this type of music), and how fortunate I am to be able to listen to this.

Sep 19, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #2,858 of 3,333
Does anyone have much experience with using the high Z option on the Bliss for high impedance dynamic driver headphones, like ZMFs? Is it better than low Z for those headphones most of the time, or is it more a novelty that you only do occasionally?

Sep 19, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #2,859 of 3,333
Hi, I am looking to get a Holo Bliss KTE to use with an Expanse. I have a DMP A-6 from eversolo which has 5.3v
I gather from reviews, particularly soundnews that it requires a DAC with more output to really make the Expanse shine.
can you please reccomend a DAC which can achieve this. I also have an RME ADI 2 FS but I gather that also doesn't give the Expanse enough headroom with the Bliss.

I don't plan on using any software such as HQplayer and do everything by streaming.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #2,861 of 3,333
Yes, I swapped left and right and found out that it was the cable indeed. A replacement cable came in today and I am back to listening. For context, I use this combo in the living room, often with other family members present, so this is my closed back spot. Tonight I am listening with the Stellia, which by nature is not the most spacious headphone; the stage is fairly intimate, certainly compared to the open backs. I plan to do some comparative listening with some of my open backs at some point as well.

With input selection in the menu it is relatively straightforward to immediately switch over from RCA in to XLR in and back, and therefore compare the signal coming straight from the May to the signal that passes through the Euforia first. I volume matched by ear, and doublechecked this with an Iphone app (Decibel X).

It was a fairly short listening session but this is what I heard. As I mentioned earlier, I feel that the tubes add a nice velvety layer of smoothness that makes the music more emotional sounding (to me), and literally gives me goosebumps. It does make the background less black than from May direct, but this adds to the sense of smoothness and creates an ‘analogue’ sound. It sounds pretty spacious to me, keeping the limitations of the Stellia in mind. When changing over to May direct, the presentation becomes more forward and energetic. Drums have more impact, percussion hits are more tactile, the edges are sharper across the board. As a result, the music sounds more direct and less diffuse, and therefore somewhat less spacious.

Neither of these presentations is ‘better’ than the other, in my view, just different, and can be chosen depending on mood and type of music. For this session, I listened to pretty mellow music, with artists like Dominique Fils-Aime, Anne Bisson, Malia/Boris Blank, Carolin No, etc. Very relaxing from May direct, but even more so with the Euforia in the chain. For more energetic music, e.g. some rock or metal, I might prefer May direct, I will try that next time. Also note that the differences are subtle and difficult to describe. I have done my best, but it is difficult to put feelings into words.. :)

This listening session also made me realize, once again, how great the May/Bliss combo is, with and without the Euforia, how much I enjoy the Stellia (for this type of music), and how fortunate I am to be able to listen to this.
Thx for the nice write up! I guess i should try to fatten my wallet soon. 😜.

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #2,862 of 3,333
Hi, I am looking to get a Holo Bliss KTE to use with an Expanse. I have a DMP A-6 from eversolo which has 5.3v
I gather from reviews, particularly soundnews that it requires a DAC with more output to really make the Expanse shine.
can you please reccomend a DAC which can achieve this. I also have an RME ADI 2 FS but I gather that also doesn't give the Expanse enough headroom with the Bliss.

I don't plan on using any software such as HQplayer and do everything by streaming.
XLR on the RME will give you 6.91V using +13dBu

Sep 20, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #2,863 of 3,333

DMP-A6 is a good match with the Bliss. Ideally you want a Spring or May 😁
The reviewer makes a comparison and is extremely critical. That's fine, but now a problem is being raised that doesn't exist in my opinion. You will have enough power without any problems.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #2,864 of 3,333
Does anyone have much experience with using the high Z option on the Bliss for high impedance dynamic driver headphones, like ZMFs? Is it better than low Z for those headphones most of the time, or is it more a novelty that you only do occasionally?
I have only used it with the ZMF VC and the HD800s. I think the impact is quite subtle.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #2,865 of 3,333
DMP-A6 is a good match with the Bliss. Ideally you want a Spring or May 😁
The reviewer makes a comparison and is extremely critical. That's fine, but now a problem is being raised that doesn't exist in my opinion. You will have enough power without any problems.
if I spring for a spring kte (smile) is using HQplayer strongly suggested for max optimization?

can I connect the spring via USB to my ipad or computer ?

instead can I use the spring and just connect it to a DMP-A6 (assuming I can bypass it’’s DAC). how would I do the connection between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back